No firmware update and wrong date and time
1784 9 2022-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DdzJS
lvl.2
France

Hi,

Just bought a Pocket 2 and I notice all my files (pics and videos) show the wrong date (12/31/2015 in my case). When I connect to my phone with the Mimo app it updates time and date. When disconnect (without turning off) the next videos show the right date BUT once I turn off the Pocket 2 and turn it on the date is back to 2015 and I have to connect it to my phone again to have the right date...

Also my Pocket 2 is on the firmware 01.03.00.10. I don't know if this is the latest firmware but the Mimo app don't show any firmware update. What is the lastest fimware version ?

My Phone is a Huawei P20.

Thank you. (sorry, not native english speaker)
2022-7-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Can't say about the date and time issue, but the firmware version on my Pocket 2 is also 01.03.00.10 and I haven't heard about any released updates after that. The updates on it have been sparse. Heard they were developing a new firmware, but any news on that have been complete silent for a while now.
2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DdzJS. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) application for us to be able to isolate the said issue and kindly please save all of your important information before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose your files. After this process kindly please could you please restart your DJI Pocket 2 and connect it to DJI Mimo application to refresh the time to see if the time will synchronize with your phone's time.  If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-7-16
Use props
DdzJS
lvl.2
France

I tried to refresh the time using an old iPad Mini and an iPad Pro using Mimo on both. Every time it correctly refresh the time on the Pocket 2 and photos and videos  taken right after show the right timestamp but once my Pocket 2 is turned off and back on it reset the time to 2015 (or 2016). To put it simply, my Pocket 2 reset its time at every boot (Back to 12/31/2015 in my case).
2022-7-17
Use props
DdzJS
lvl.2
France

Here is how the date appear on every video. Each time the camera is turned on it starts at 31/12/2015 23h00.

Could this have anything to do with the micro SD used ? (Kingston 64gb U1 V10 - Samsung 32gb U1 same behavior on both)
2022-7-25
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

I don't think it's a problem with the SD card... but that's a strange situation... isn't a hardware failure?
2022-7-26
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

How the pocket memorise the date? Through the main battery? Or it has a separated small battery?
2022-7-26
Use props
DdzJS
lvl.2
France

If the camera didn't save settings like the date it shouldn't save anything at all but when I restart the camera all other settings a perfectly saved.
2022-7-27
Use props
DdzJS
lvl.2
France

Hi, i've purchased a new sd card (extreme pro 64bg) but no surprise the date is still wrong and reset at everytime I turn it on. It's very strange and a bit annoying when I want to sort my rushs.
2022-8-24
Use props
djiuser_DgIuruaFR8Rm
New
Canada

I just bought a brand new pocket 2 creator package. Same issue with date. All footage shot on the device with it NOT being connected to phone show date of 01/01/2016. The ones shot while connected to phone either wireless or wired have correct date.

So frustrating as I spent a whole weekend shooting and now all footage date and time is out of sync.

Contacted support and they verified the issue and confirmed that I was using correct firmware and Mimo app version on my iPhone and Android device. We also tried resetting the device etc with no results.

At the end they were unable to resolve issue and asked that unit be sent in for repair. As it's only 1 week old I'll simply send back for a refund. It's too bad. I'll just wait till pocket 3 is out. I won't be buying another 2 as this issue Is a deal breaker for me.

2023-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules