Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I likes it, i likes it a lot!

It's all updated, had no choice in that regard anyway...

The joystick feel when manoeuvring is strange, seems to need more stick movement than my Mini 2 and P4P to actually move the ac, i don't like that so if there is a way to make them more sensitive without increasing the jerky movements, that would be great to learn about it, please?

Now the important part, range, in one direction that I don't think I've taken the Mini 2 before, it struggled at about 800 (you know what units to use), it lost connection a couple of times but we got her connected again with slight adjustments quickly enough, no RTH was activated.

Still the important part, I took it to the exact same spot the Mini 2 had a chicken fit and had to give up, that was at around the 8 or 900, this thing hit a tad over 1000 and there was a little left in there, but I thought that was good enough as it fulfilled my satisfaction, it was over a built-up area with many properties, plenty to give off WIFI issues. I can't wait to test in my rural place.

I do not like the radar, whats up with these 5 or 10º increments, that is so not good for flying at range its too jumpy, there is no precision there, no, that's not good at all and needs rectifying, i will be onto them for sure.

I tried a Master Shot it was at the edge of max range so I'm not sure if it finished, there are about 8 videos but I cannot tell which is the Master Shot, perhaps it didn't complete due to connection issues.

That's about all for now, I did use 2 batteries but it felt like they did well, so after the est 10 charges, they will be great. anyway, would like to know the best way to sort ot the stick movements please as per the 1st paragraph.

Oh and it all fits in my bag with the Mini 2 (for now), so happy with that too

UPDATE:
No issues at all with the sd card removal when using my thumbnail, same with the controller card, although it was a little tricky to remove fully once popped out so i can see why some may use tweezers there, you know how you are, fat buttery fingers ;)

Proxies are back on the drones card, they are not there on the Mini 2, big bonus is that
2022-7-16
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

GLAD you are having fun!  Sounds like you are doing a real "shake down cruise."  ENJOY
2022-7-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So far, so good ?
2022-7-16
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Concerning your paragraph 1:  have you tried the Expo settings ?
2022-7-16
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326191 ft

New Zealand

The Mini 3 Pro is an amazing drone, have fun.
2022-7-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So the same range as your mini 2 is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-16 12:55
So the same range as your mini 2 is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where was you? i waited at the rally entrance as I'd said in response to your "see you at the steam rally" reply..... thanks for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, its actually better over built up area going that direction

Hoping to get out for a full on range test this morning, at the crack of dawn, but depends on the temps and how cool i can get it down to inside before i leave (should be ok though), its 3:30am now, i cant leave windows open due to 5 dogs barking (3 mine + 2 babysitting).... so watch this space, it only has to hit 3.8, any more is a bonus!
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 7-16 07:44
GLAD you are having fun!  Sounds like you are doing a real "shake down cruise."  ENJOY

Ha ha, yeah for sure, thank you
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pretty much, but doing a full on range test this morning, that's the plan anyway, just trying to get it cooler inside for the dogs at the mo ( currently 3:30am)...
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 7-16 10:31
Concerning your paragraph 1:  have you tried the Expo settings ?

No, not touched anything in case i fiddled with the wrong one without making sure 1st, never had to touch out like that before, normally i just use cine or tripod will have filled with the pitch, yaw etc to calm that down, just never had to increase anything, thanks i will have a look before i leave home this morning, see what its set at, not wasting a battery out there lol
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TopDrones Posted at 7-16 12:41
The Mini 3 Pro is an amazing drone, have fun.

Agreed, the gimbal alone seems more robust, having to open the props a tiny bit just ti insert a battery is a tiny bit annoying but will easily get over that, there's few bits to learn on it, some, which files are which for example, had to watch a video as i couldn't find active track etc, just draw a box is what they did, im sure i had to do more than that in the Go4 app hey ho, small learning cure...
2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing your valued insights with us and for sharing these positive feedback that you have for your new DJI Mini 3 Pro. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep flying. .
2022-7-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would have certainly expected the Mini 3 to be better than the Mini 2...or what was the point. $300 more for Christ sake!
2022-7-16
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326191 ft

United States

Bashy Posted at 7-16 18:48
Agreed, the gimbal alone seems more robust, having to open the props a tiny bit just ti insert a battery is a tiny bit annoying but will easily get over that, there's few bits to learn on it, some, which files are which for example, had to watch a video as i couldn't find active track etc, just draw a box is what they did, im sure i had to do more than that in the Go4 app hey ho, small learning cure...

Yup, With active track just draw a box, select what tracking you want and off you go or you can enable subject scanning also in the app
2022-7-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-16 18:41
Pretty much, but doing a full on range test this morning, that's the plan anyway, just trying to get it cooler inside for the dogs at the mo ( currently 3:30am)...

06,10 am and I'm just back from today's dawn raid. I'd just got the Mini One in the air when we were hit by a deluge, from nowhere.. Had to beat a retreat. The Mini and I are drying out at home
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-16 21:12
06,10 am and I'm just back from today's dawn raid. I'd just got the Mini One in the air when we were hit by a deluge, from nowhere.. Had to beat a retreat. The Mini and I are drying out at home

Oops lol oh and you misspelt Mini 3 lol
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

100% zero range issues, easily surpassed the mini 2, easily..........
2022-7-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-16 21:24
Oops lol oh and you misspelt Mini 3 lol

No it was Mini One's turn for a spin. I'm just glad the Mini3Pro was tucked up in its case in the car at the time
2022-7-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-16 21:12

Man it rains a lot where you live……… None in East Anglia for ages. I would move if I were you
2022-7-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-16 21:53
Man it rains a lot where you live……… None in East Anglia for ages. I would move if I were you

By the time I've moved. so will the rain   And it's bound to follow me.
2022-7-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-16 21:26
100% zero range issues, easily surpassed the mini 2, easily..........

So all your worry was for nothing. Others did try to tell you but you preferred to believe the negative reviews for ages did you not. Now enjoy what is a lovely drone but keep the mini 2 as that is also excellent
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 7-16 20:17
I would have certainly expected the Mini 3 to be better than the Mini 2...or what was the point. $300 more for Christ sake!

If youd have been following all of the range issues you would understand my apprehensions
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suffice to say that this bird went past the Mini 2 (in CE) and wasn't far off my record in FCC (Mini 2 was battery limited) too, not sure what issues CE folks have but in my eyes, there are none except for the Radar, its off-kilter even though i calibrated the RC compass yesterday (it was worse then), for that reason alone a tad disappointed because it will not do another calibration as it says its normal, stupid thing, let me be the judge of that!!
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Further thoughts on this bird (i will add to the original post too), no issues at all with the sd card removal using my thumbnail, same with the controller card, although it was a little tricky to remove once popped out so i can see why some may use tweezers there, you know how you are, fat buttery fingers ;)

I didn't do much else other than the range and 1, no 2 images, one in 48 and now in 12mp, i was a bit late for the initial sunrise, but those on the RC looked really good, colours etc, need to see on the lappy, also going past the rally field on my way out, there was a lovely blanket of fog at about 5ft high, kicking myself for not stopping to grab even a phone shot would have been lovely with the rally in the background

Proxies are back, if you know how and where to find them

Here's an image of my bag setup now, not liking the tablet holder being like that but its not in the way, so what can ya do, only used it the once mind lol there will bemore room if an when i sell the Mini 2, not sure yet....

2022-7-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats bashy on the new AC.   
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dammnit, those aint proxies i found, they are .scr, when i saw the image, i thought it was a preview of the video, i mean, so back to 0 proxies found, gutted, that's a lot of work creating 12gb worth of proxies, no editing today then...
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 00:32
Congrats bashy on the new AC.

Thanks chap
2022-7-17
Use props