2653 4 2022-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377484 ft
Germany

Hi there,

I've posted this issue a few weeks ago but unfortunately didn't get a reply. As owning a Mavic Air 2 since June 2022, I am experiencing the problem that it's not possible to bind the controller to the DJI Fly App. In consequence, the fly away insurance cannot be activated and there's no way of updating my remote. I don't even see the version of the current firmware or the serial number in the app:

Please note, that at the time I've made those screenshots, I used version 1.6.4 of the DJI Fly App and the firmware of the MA2 was the latest release at this time. Meanwhile the app and the firmware are updated to the newest version, but the problem persists. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Mike

2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-7-16
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 08:07
Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the link you have sent me doesn't help. It leads me to the German DJI support site where I can start a repair request. Starting that request, DJI asks me to send in the drone and the propeller NOT the remote!? How can I start a ticket?
2022-7-16
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 08:07
Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

After updating the DJI Fly app to version 1.6.12 I was able to install additional firmware updates to both, the drone and the controller. After that, binding the controller to my account was possible. Good job DJI.
2022-8-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mike Byte Posted at 8-18 10:45
After updating the DJI Fly app to version 1.6.12 I was able to install additional firmware updates to both, the drone and the controller. After that, binding the controller to my account was possible. Good job DJI.

Perfect! We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue that you experience without sending your unit with us. Thank you for your continued support!
2022-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules