1871 63 2022-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After reading and seeing videos of range issues, I was going into this with low expectations, when yesterday they were improving after seeing it surpass the mini 2 in an urban setting.

This morning at stupid o' the clock, I did a full on range test and once again, it surpassed the Mini 2 that did about 3.8,Mini 3 Pro managed a grand total of more, a dam good chunk more, nearly Mini 2 FCC (for me) MORE......  Although the FCC was limited only by battery, the mini 3 Pro was limited by range but, I reckons she could have done more, but there was no need on this run, just waiting for FCC mode now ;)
2022-7-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps you should listen to those that give the positive reviews more. Particularly those that are in the same country as you. There were many of them. Anyway you got there in the end and you are pleased which is good now perhaps keep that glass half full
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-16 21:59
Perhaps you should listen to those that give the positive reviews more. Particularly those that are in the same country as you. There were many of them. Anyway you got there in the end and you are pleased which is good now perhaps keep that glass half full

Nah, 1200m is not a range review unless it was over urban, and yours wasn't! and this will be my last ever reply to you, say what you like, i don't care anymore, i am done with you,  you couldn't do me the courtesy of following through with your "see you at the rally" comment, so get lost, don't speak to me again, ever because you will not get a reply!
2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing these interring information about your DJI Mini 3 Pro's previous flight. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-7-16
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326191 ft

United States

Even my Mini 3 in CE has no issues with range. I go far out and am still good.
2022-7-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I knew you'd be pleased once you got your hands on it
2022-7-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-16 22:04
Nah, 1200m is not a range review unless it was over urban, and yours wasn't! and this will be my last ever reply to you, say what you like, i don't care anymore, i am done with you,  you couldn't do me the courtesy of following through with your "see you at the rally" comment, so get lost, don't speak to me again, ever because you will not get a reply!

I was trying to be positive but to be honest it would suite me just fine if I never had any comments from you ever again. I will continue to give people the benefit of my extensive experience and will look forward to you not replying to any of my posts again…. You will however fail I suspect.

Enjoy your new drone
2022-7-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-16 22:04

I was trying to be positive but to be honest it would suite me just fine if I never had any comments from you ever again. I will continue to give people the benefit of my extensive experience and will look forward to you not replying to any of my posts again…. You will however fail I suspect.

Enjoy your new drone
2022-7-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-16 22:25
I knew you'd be pleased once you got your hands on it

Didn’t we all………….You can lead a horse to water but sometimes it takes then a while to Drink
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TopDrones Posted at 7-16 22:25
Even my Mini 3 in CE has no issues with range. I go far out and am still good.

So many were reporting issues that it could be 1 of 3 things, hardware, unlikely, software, probably or user, most likely, i will put money on it being the user, you have to be very precise with the alignment, as i have been saying all along and i didn't even have the drone lol what i can i say, when ya right, ya right
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-16 22:25
I knew you'd be pleased once you got your hands on it

I had my doubts when reading/watching all of the wee niggles here and there (found some of those already) but the main one for me was the range, i had to do as much research as possible before i could spend that sort of money, hearing and seeing from folks in PM of their experiences helped my decision, i mean no way was i going to get one just because of one persons say so, he ain't the boss me, i prefer to see proper range, not kindergarten stuff, only then i can take then seriously
2022-7-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-16 22:55
I had my doubts when reading/watching all of the wee niggles here and there (found some of those already) but the main one for me was the range, i had to do as much research as possible before i could spend that sort of money, hearing and seeing from folks in PM of their experiences helped my decision, i mean no way was i going to get one just because of one persons say so, he ain't the boss me, i prefer to see proper range, not kindergarten stuff, only then i can take then seriously

I also do prefer to do my own tests - and my findings have been entirely satisfactory for my needs, whilst not quite able to justify the ranges claimed by DJI. (By some margin)
2022-7-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-16 22:30
Didn’t we all………….You can lead a horse to water but sometimes it takes then a while to Drink

A clash of personalities on Social Media seldom ends well - however well-meant the comments.  Best to just let it go
2022-7-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-16 22:55
I had my doubts when reading/watching all of the wee niggles here and there (found some of those already) but the main one for me was the range, i had to do as much research as possible before i could spend that sort of money, hearing and seeing from folks in PM of their experiences helped my decision, i mean no way was i going to get one just because of one persons say so, he ain't the boss me, i prefer to see proper range, not kindergarten stuff, only then i can take then seriously

It was never just one person as you admit in your post and I never tried to force you. It was simply all your negative comments about the drone that were simply not true and you never even owned one or had any experience of one. Although I have been the boss of over 100 people in my time I would not have wanted you in my teams
2022-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-16 23:00
I also do prefer to do my own tests - and my findings have been entirely satisfactory for my needs, whilst not quite able to justify the ranges claimed by DJI. (By some margin)

Exactly, i like to get all the info i can before i run out to buy sommat, certainly like this, i did with the P4P and i did with the Mini 2, as for the range, for me, lets just say that while yes, short of DJI's claims, certainly well over half of their claims ;)
2022-7-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-16 23:13
Exactly, i like to get all the info i can before i run out to buy sommat, certainly like this, i did with the P4P and i did with the Mini 2, as for the range, for me, lets just say that while yes, short of DJI's claims, certainly well over half of their claims ;)

We're on the same page there
2022-7-16
Use props
TopDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326191 ft

United States

Bashy Posted at 7-16 22:50
So many were reporting issues that it could be 1 of 3 things, hardware, unlikely, software, probably or user, most likely, i will put money on it being the user, you have to be very precise with the alignment, as i have been saying all along and i didn't even have the drone lol what i can i say, when ya right, ya right

True True. I see many complain about range on it as well but maybe because of the internal antenna they get lost with orientation
2022-7-16
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-16 23:00

That could be explained by CE mode if you're not running FCC mode already. DJI should just leave the option to the user. The drone can be used worldwide, afterall.

My car is not limited to 70 MPH just because that is the fastest I can legally drive in the UK. Same logic should apply here.

2022-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hadnt realised you'd got one,  did you go for the DJI RC as well?
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 00:15

Yes chap, arrived yesterday, so far very good except for the radar, even though I've calibrated the RC compass it is still slightly off and it cannot be calibrated again as it thinks it's normal, well something is out for sure, granted, not by much, but that small amount is a lot at 4.8km
2022-7-17
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 00:15

No - it is based purely on physics. I think the DJI claimed range is only in FCC mode (and this is certainly how the product pages read). I know how WiFi works, and power levels, radio sensitivity, etc., so even though I don't have the drone, I can understand how CE mode could adversely affect RF performance.
2022-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-17 00:21
Yes chap, arrived yesterday, so far very good except for the radar, even though I've calibrated the RC compass it is still slightly off and it cannot be calibrated again as it thinks it's normal, well something is out for sure, granted, not by much, but that small amount is a lot at 4.8km

Mines out 45 degrees since the update and the calibration no longer works,   in the first firmware many people complained the calibration just jumped to done,  that bug appears to be back again.  At least for me.
2022-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CineDude Posted at 7-17 00:26
No - it is based purely on physics. I think the DJI claimed range is only in FCC mode (and this is certainly how the product pages read). I know how WiFi works, and power levels, radio sensitivity, etc., so even though I don't have the drone, I can understand how CE mode could adversely affect RF performance.

They claim different ranges for CE and FCC its in the spec.
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CineDude Posted at 7-17 00:26
No - it is based purely on physics. I think the DJI claimed range is only in FCC mode (and this is certainly how the product pages read). I know how WiFi works, and power levels, radio sensitivity, etc., so even though I don't have the drone, I can understand how CE mode could adversely affect RF performance.

At the bottom of the specs page it shows the CE range there at 8km, 2km further than the mini 2 and to be fair, it has gone further than my mini 2 in CE, in both rural and urban, not quite the 5.5km the mini 2 managed in FCC mode but dam well close, although, FCC mode it was only at 27m where as this mini 3 had to climb to 119m, but easily surpassed the mini 2 in CE
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 00:39
Mines out 45 degrees since the update and the calibration no longer works,   in the first firmware many people complained the calibration just jumped to done,  that bug appears to be back again.  At least for me.

Mine isn't that bad, probably about 5 degrees it's not much at close quarters but at a distance it's a large margin
2022-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-17 00:45
Mine isn't that bad, probably about 5 degrees it's not much at close quarters but at a distance it's a large margin

I have a cunning plan to try later which might let me recalibrate it,   before it was pretty bang on which is a shame.  I shouldn't be too quick to jump on the updates.   Although Darren over at DM Productions says "everything" works fine now.
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 00:49
I have a cunning plan to try later which might let me recalibrate it,   before it was pretty bang on which is a shame.  I shouldn't be too quick to jump on the updates.   Although Darren over at DM Productions says "everything" works fine now.

He ain't got a clue I'm afraid, Ive seen what he claims and I don't see the same thing.  

Let me know how ya plan works out, please?
2022-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CineDude Posted at 7-17 00:12
That could be explained by CE mode if you're not running FCC mode already. DJI should just leave the option to the user. The drone can be used worldwide, afterall.

My car is not limited to 70 MPH just because that is the fastest I can legally drive in the UK. Same logic should apply here.

Yeah it's CE mode only here. But that's not going to cramp my style - such as that is
2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-17 01:08
Yeah it's CE mode only here. But that's not going to cramp my style - such as that is

For now, hopefully ;)
2022-7-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 00:49
I have a cunning plan to try later which might let me recalibrate it,   before it was pretty bang on which is a shame.  I shouldn't be too quick to jump on the updates.   Although Darren over at DM Productions says "everything" works fine now.

Said many times never install the updates too quick. I am on the Original from May and all has and is working fine. All the extra little bits I might be missing I don't care about.

Updating immediately is all a little OCD me thinks
2022-7-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats Bashy on get the Mini 3 in hand.  Glad to hear your Mini 3 is beating your expectations.  

The sad part about the compass being off, even though only slightly, it isn't too much of a problem when in fairly close but that issue will be magnified excessively when you get quite a  ways out from the HP.  Mine is off slightly also but I can't calibrate as it indicates its normal.  So I just adapt and overcome until a FW comes out that corrects this.

Anyway, glad you finally got this little beast in hand.  
2022-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-17 03:26
For now, hopefully ;)

2022-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-17 04:38
Congrats Bashy on get the Mini 3 in hand.  Glad to hear your Mini 3 is beating your expectations.  

The sad part about the compass being off, even though only slightly, it isn't too much of a problem when in fairly close but that issue will be magnified excessively when you get quite a  ways out from the HP.  Mine is off slightly also but I can't calibrate as it indicates its normal.  So I just adapt and overcome until a FW comes out that corrects this.

Thank you...

I have just been out again, blew 3 batteries, as ya do,  and its a major pain, even using the map is hard work, the map jumps in increments of about 10 maybe 20 degrees, so your forever adjusting to line it up to come home, cause you over shot the dir' and have to readjust again and again, unless  its just me lol but i was only about 180m out but it was behind some trees so visual as we a tad out  lol and had to use the map
2022-7-17
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 7-17 00:39

Same here, the previous update completely fixed it for me, but now the latest one has "rebroken" it
2022-7-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-16 23:03
A clash of personalities on Social Media seldom ends well - however well-meant the comments.  Best to just let it go

I am afraid that will not happen. Thanks for your attempt at advice but I have significant life experience and will make up my own mind.

The sad truth is he simply does not understand and I suspect he is way to old now to change that
2022-7-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyBoo Posted at 7-17 08:31
Same here, the previous update completely fixed it for me, but now the latest one has "rebroken" it

And what have you learnt from that I wonder
2022-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-17 10:37
I am afraid that will not happen. Thanks for your attempt at advice but I have significant life experience and will make up my own mind.

The sad truth is he simply does not understand and I suspect he is way to old now to change that

Well there's an element of that in all of us
2022-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-17 00:57
He ain't got a clue I'm afraid, Ive seen what he claims and I don't see the same thing.  

Let me know how ya plan works out, please?

It didnt,   some people are saying on YouTube the calibration only works if it detects that its out,   now previously mine has been able to calibrate as many times as I wanted,  in fact with the first firmware it took a couple of calibrations for it to be accurate.  

Anyway there is a place I know that has very high compass interference,   My Mavic 2 goes nuts with warning if I want to fly from there and it always throws the compass off so I thought that surely that would make the controller think the compass needed to be calibrated and guess what,  no it didnt.  Im pretty sure the calibration issue is a bug they have re introduced.  
2022-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-17 03:58
Said many times never install the updates too quick. I am on the Original from May and all has and is working fine. All the extra little bits I might be missing I don't care about.

Updating immediately is all a little OCD me thinks

I was hoping this update would fix spotlight mode not working correctly.
2022-7-17
Use props
Volsi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116089 ft
Japan

Happy for you Bashy, you'll enjoy a lot.
Good news if you have a good range. It's looks that in UK there is not a lot of problem like other countries. I should come to UK for use my mini 3
2022-7-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules