Compatibility DJI RC to Mavic Air 2 - Any news?
11157 30 2022-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377484 ft
Germany

Hello there,

I know that there are already several threads to that question. Is there any news concerning the compatibility of the DJI RC Controller (not RC Pro!) to the Mavic Air 2? For me it would be a good alternative to the extreme buggy DJI Fly App.

Thanks for your replies

Mike

2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

why is buggy in dji fly app?
What is RC pro? i cannot find it anywhere
2022-7-17
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

fateofangel Posted at 7-17 03:17
why is buggy in dji fly app?
What is RC pro? i cannot find it anywhere

buggy = the app has multiple bugs (check my thread here: Multiple Problems with DJI Fly App)

RC Pro = https://www.dji.com/de/rc-pro?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-7-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of speculation but nothing firm from DJI.  

Myself, I'm hoping DJI will make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 so I only have to carry one controller and that would be the RC PRO.  It is a much more capable controller.  300 more NIT brighter screen, HDMI out and can add 3rd party Apps like UAV Forecast to it.  Can't do that with RC.  
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Mike Byte Posted at 7-17 03:35
buggy = the app has multiple bugs (check my thread here: Multiple Problems with DJI Fly App)

thanks, it seems to be out of stock
Now i have to learn and post what are the diffrences between rc2301vs smart controller vs RC vs RC Pro
2022-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. Please kindly note that we haven't received related news. You may keep tuned to our official website. If there is any update, we will release it ASAP. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-7-17
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-17 03:42
Lots of speculation but nothing firm from DJI.  

Myself, I'm hoping DJI will make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 so I only have to carry one controller and that would be the RC PRO.  It is a much more capable controller.  300 more NIT brighter screen, HDMI out and can add 3rd party Apps like UAV Forecast to it.  Can't do that with RC.

Hi DowntownRDB,

thanks for your reply. You're absolutely right concerning the capabilities of the RC Pro. It's the price which keeps me from purchasing it. The RC costs 299 €, the RC Pro 999 € (which is 301.71 $ for the RC and 1008.17 $ for the RC Pro by todays exchange rate). I guess I have to think about it, if flying my MA 2 is worth spending such a lot of money. Although flying with it is definitvely a lot of fun :-)
2022-7-17
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

fateofangel Posted at 7-17 04:18
Now i have to learn and post what are the diffrences between rc2301vs smart controller vs RC vs RC Pro

Hi fateofangel,

here's a brief overview:

RC2301: "Small" DJI Controller without a display, which comes for example when purchasing the Mavic Air 2S Fly And More Combo. To use it you'll need a seperate mobile phone with the DJI app installed which is compatible to your drone. The controller supports OcuSync 2.0.

Smart Controller: "Older" version of the RC Pro with a 5.5'' 1000 NITS display and supporting also OcuSync 2.0. No extra mobile phone is needed.

RC: "Cheap" version of the RC Pro with a 5.5'' 700 NITS display supporting OcuSync 3 and 3.+. Also, here no extra mobile phone is needed.

RC Pro: "Pro" version of the normal RC and the follow up of the Smart Controller. It comes with a 5.5'' 1000 NITS display, supporting OcuSync 3 and 3+ and has some more features like 4G, HDMI and so on.

The controllers are compatible to different drones, searching Google helps, if you like to know.

Cheers

Mike
2022-7-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mike Byte Posted at 7-17 04:45
Hi DowntownRDB,

thanks for your reply. You're absolutely right concerning the capabilities of the RC Pro. It's the price which keeps me from purchasing it. The RC costs 299 €, the RC Pro 999 € (which is 301.71 $ for the RC and 1008.17 $ for the RC Pro by todays exchange rate). I guess I have to think about it, if flying my MA 2S is worth spending such a lot of money. Although flying with it is definitvely a lot of fun :-)

You're very welcome Mike.  Price is always a consideration.  For me I was very luck that it came along with The Air 2S bundle I bought.  At the time DJI was short of the old school smart controller so they had substituted  the RC Pro as part of the package.  So it really only cost me about half price of buying the RC Pro by itself.  Since I having it I've really grown accustomed to it and now when I fly the Mini 3 the RC feels like a toy.  However, don't get me wrong it is still better than having to pair up your mobile device to the RCN1 controller.  
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

So i assume its  just a build in bright display what you pay for. What about built in "application" is it like dji go fly ?
2022-7-17
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-17 06:52
You're very welcome Mike.  Price is always a consideration.  For me I was very luck that it came along with The Air 2S bundle I bought.  At the time DJI was short of the old school smart controller so they had substituted  the RC Pro as part of the package.  So it really only cost me about half price of buying the RC Pro by itself.  Since I having it I've really grown accustomed to it and now when I fly the Mini 3 the RC feels like a toy.  However, don't get me wrong it is still better than having to pair up your mobile device to the RCN1 controller.

Yes, preparing and using the old controller can be quite annoying: Sticking the iPhone onto it, connecting the lightning cable and mounting the sun hood makes me sometimes  feel like bricking a LEGO puzzle together. And the usability of this combination is not too good while flying, beside the problems with the DJI Fly App. I‘ll think about buying either the Pro RC or the smaller one which comes with the Mini 3.
2022-7-17
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

fateofangel Posted at 7-17 07:17
So i assume its  just a build in bright display what you pay for. What about built in "application" is it like dji go fly ?

Yes, you pay for the be brighter display, and features like being able to insert a SD Card to expand the internal memory. As far as I know  the DJI RC Pro runs on Android and the DJI Fly App is preinstalled. Using Android makes it possible to install third party apps. I‘m not sure wether the DJI Go Fly is working on that device, beside the fact, that the Go app is not compatible to ‚newer‘ DJI drones like the MA 2, the MA 2S, the Mini 3 etc.
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Thanks for this tones of information
2022-7-17
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

fateofangel Posted at 7-17 10:05
Thanks for this tones of information

You are welcome.

Just one more information about the "normal/small" DJI RC Controller: Yesterday I figured out that it also has a SD card slot to expand the internal memory of the device. So, the album cache and screen recordings can be saved on that card. In addition, the controller comes with an second USB-C interface which can be used to charge other external devices like mobile phones etc.

Cheers

Mike
2022-7-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mike Byte Posted at 7-17 07:20
Yes, preparing and using the old controller can be quite annoying: Sticking the iPhone onto it, connecting the lightning cable and mounting the sun hood makes me sometimes  feel like bricking a LEGO puzzle together. And the usability of this combination is not too good while flying, beside the problems with the DJI Fly App. I‘ll think about buying either the Pro RC or the smaller one which comes with the Mini 3.

Good luck in your buying decision.  
2022-7-18
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

The DJI RC also runs off the so called extreme buggy DJI Fly app (which is not the case).So then what would make it better.Would it not be the same?
2022-7-18
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Mike Byte Posted at 7-17 03:35

The fly app is maturing and getting better.There are no major bugs that would affect anyone
from not going out to fly.Little bitty ones and that is it.None that are concerning.
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_lzSkvWj170PZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215669 ft
United States

So back to the original question is it compatible with the original air 2 because I know most th8ngs that r compatible with the air 2 s are also compatible with the sir 2 I'm hoping that premise hold true to the soft ware as well. If it's not I'm gunna be pretty upset A LOT of people still use the air 2 original as there go to drone its so solid! Ive been waiting for an affordable smart controller to come along and when it does I'm left out of range. A lot of dji soft ware and how it runs will always be a mystery to me the massive amount of money they make on there drone and the popularity they hold and you can't even find the dji fly app on Apple or Google play store anymore!? U guys r moving in the wrong direction if ya don't start making stuff a bit more universally friendly then before u know it someone else is gunna come along and become the bench mark in hand to air craft. Try not to exclude models when such an amazing product such as the rc comes out its jus not right
2022-11-17
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not heard anything about that.
2022-11-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Not gonna happen. There is no reason for them to.
2022-11-17
Use props
Mike Byte
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_lzSkvWj170PZ Posted at 11-17 15:31
So back to the original question is it compatible with the original air 2 because I know most th8ngs that r compatible with the air 2 s are also compatible with the sir 2 I'm hoping that premise hold true to the soft ware as well. If it's not I'm gunna be pretty upset A LOT of people still use the air 2 original as there go to drone its so solid! Ive been waiting for an affordable smart controller to come along and when it does I'm left out of range. A lot of dji soft ware and how it runs will always be a mystery to me the massive amount of money they make on there drone and the popularity they hold and you can't even find the dji fly app on Apple or Google play store anymore!? U guys r moving in the wrong direction if ya don't start making stuff a bit more universally friendly then before u know it someone else is gunna come along and become the bench mark in hand to air craft. Try not to exclude models when such an amazing product such as the rc comes out its jus not right

I guess the only way to find out whether the DJI RC Controller is compatible to the Mavic Air 2 is, if someone out there owning these two devices tries it out.
2022-11-18
Use props
djiuser_lzSkvWj170PZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215669 ft
United States

So has anyone answered the original question which is the only one I care about is the rc (not pro) would never pay and difference of 600÷$. But will that one work with the Air 2 ever do we think and if it doesn't that is complete trash! Finally a smart controller comes out I cab afford and it's not available to my drone like it's some exclusive club. I wish that one big business out there would just for once look out for the customer rather than try and bost sales and profits. Just once!
2022-11-26
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Mike Byte Posted at 11-18 07:38
I guess the only way to find out whether the DJI RC Controller is compatible to the Mavic Air 2 is, if someone out there owning these two devices tries it out.

I guess that for european customers would be Mavic Air 3 DJI RC combo very interesting, as a alternative to bigger, heavier, more expensive but C labeled  Mavic 3 classic DJI RC combo...
If the DJI RC was compatible with Air 2, I would buy one as well, but I think that we will have to wait for Air 3 (if there will be any Air 3)...

P. S. Only OcuSync 3 drones supported by DJI RC at the moment so I doubt they will make it compatible with Air 2...

2022-11-28
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

virtual Posted at 11-28 04:30
I guess that for european customers would be Mavic Air 3 DJI RC combo very interesting, as a alternative to bigger, heavier, more expensive but C labeled  Mavic 3 classic DJI RC combo...
If the DJI RC was compatible with Air 2, I would buy one as well, but I think that we will have to wait for Air 3 (if there will be any Air 3)...

Yes, I would like to see Mavic Air 3 with DJI RC, and C labeled.
However, the price is very important for me too. If the price is higher than around $1200, I would not consider buying the drone.
Variable aperture lens is another factor that is pretty important, which they have not included in the Air series yet. Would like to see that!
2022-11-28
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

We can only hope that Air line of DJI drones will continue and price will be kept between Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 classic...
2022-11-29
Use props
yousef_hamedhotmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1200476 ft
United States

Mike Byte Posted at 11-18 07:38

I did and still not compatible, the remote detects it but fails to pair, im almost 200% certain its a tiny code that dji can write into the firmware that will make it work but for some sort of business reason they refuse to. I'm going to sell the controller if that remains the case
2022-12-6
Use props
djiuser_O7FpRz63IKiE
New

United States

Bought the rc remote and tried everyday and no avail. Asking a rep if they ever plan to update either one to work with each other .
2022-12-23
Use props
djiuser_uwJHhENk6bIn
lvl.1
United States

fateofangel Posted at 2022-7-17 04:18

Rc and rc pro have built in screens, and are only outfitted for the mavic 2s, Mini 3/pro, and mavic 3 series (although the enterprise rc pro remotes have a microphone for the bullhorn feature. Im also cery disappointed for a controller that doesnt need my iphone, we’re limited to the dji pro, which was made jn 2019 and has been completely phased out of new production..aka drives sales. But making the new affordable controller only compatible w/ the newest model of each drone no doubt drives ppl to update when they wouldnt otherwise…sux for us tho
2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_6iwC9hRBzWws
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36745 ft
United States

Just checking to see if the mavic air 2 will ever be made compatible with the dji rc.
2023-2-27
Use props
Seasickbeef
New
Flight distance : 1472986 ft
United States

I contacted customer support and they said Mavic Air 2 does not work with the RC.
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Seasickbeef Posted at 6-9 07:38
I contacted customer support and they said Mavic Air 2 does not work with the RC.

Hi there. To confirm, Yes, the DJI Mavic Air 2 does not support the DJI RC or DJI RC Pro. This aircraft can only be used with the DJI RC-N1 and DJI Smart Controller. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules