Video problems Mavic Mini & S22 Ultra
653 8 2022-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickS2k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 349278 ft
Switzerland

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Mavic Mini.
I switched phones from a OnePlus 7 Pro to a Samsung S22 Ultra.
Nothing worked anymore.
I downloaded the latest version of the software (I think) and everything seemed to be back to normal.
But I have a problem.
I see all the black screen on the Samsung. Or better: I see the buttons and the flight data but instead of the video it is all black.
It is as if the drone does not transmit the video to the smarthphone.
The recording works well and the video on the PC looks great.
Thank you for helping.
Regards
Nick

2022-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Nick. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

2022-7-17
Use props
fans3f17cd77
New

United States

Nick I'm having the same problem as you same phone same drone. Dji's response was very poor their software should have been updated by now to work and be compatible with one of the top phones in the world. And so we wait
2022-7-17
Use props
purpletang
New
Canada

There's a large number of people with the same issue and DJI continues to post useless replies like, "hey use a different phone because we can't be bothered to get the software configured for one of the most popular cell phones on the planet".
2022-7-19
Use props
NickS2k
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-17 20:53
Hello there Nick. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen,
thank you for your answer.
However, I find it ridiculous that a brand like DJI is not compatible with a top-of-the-range device like S22 Ultra.
Now I have to bring the OnePlus 7Pro with me to be able to use the drone.
It's madness.
Regards
2022-7-19
Use props
NickS2k
lvl.1
Switzerland

fans3f17cd77 Posted at 7-17 21:16
Nick I'm having the same problem as you same phone same drone. Dji's response was very poor their software should have been updated by now to work and be compatible with one of the top phones in the world. And so we wait

It's incredible...
2022-7-19
Use props
NickS2k
lvl.1
Switzerland

purpletang Posted at 7-19 07:34
There's a large number of people with the same issue and DJI continues to post useless replies like, "hey use a different phone because we can't be bothered to get the software configured for one of the most popular cell phones on the planet".

Yes this is crazy.
In my opinion DJI loses many points...
2022-7-19
Use props
purpletang
New
Canada

DJI needs to get their team on this and actually accomplish something. Months of "the S22 isn't on our approved list of devices" is simply BS and indicative of a more serious internal issue.
2022-7-19
Use props
Road1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5315 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue with the S22 Ultra. I decided to download Litchi to fly my mini. So far it works perfect.
2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules