Smartcontroller not opening
670 4 2022-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robert Kufel
lvl.1

United States

I have a dji smartcontroller that was purchased in a combo package with a Mavic Air 2. I avoided the problems downloading firmware by downloading directly frpm the internet through my PC. The downloading was indicated as successful through dji Assistant for Mavic. When I open the  smartcontroller I don't get the welcome menu screen for opening the controller. Instead I am getting the screens for connecting with wi-fi app for language, legal agreement, country and wi-fi address, Defective or something I am missing?
2022-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Robert Kufel. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you. Thank you.
2022-7-17
Use props
Robert Kufel
lvl.1

United States

Having trouble with your email address providing video and photos. Thought my email description was pretty clear. When smart controller is turned on first two screens have only DJI, Third screen is language selection, Fourth screen is legal agreement, Fifth screen is country, Sixth screen is wi-fi which never worked with my wi-fi address WLAN. The hardwired download connection to my PC internet worked fine. The download firmware was verified when downloaded with DJI Assistant for Mavic. From instructions there should be a welcome screen with menu that comes up when the smart controller is turned on. Does the smart controller have to be connected to the turned on drone? If the smart controller operates with internal software why is it asking me for a wi-fi connection, when firmware has already been downloaded for operation? Sorry for the confusion, I'm just trying to bring up the operational screen after the firmware has been downloaded. Instead I'm getting wi-fi connection which I can,t bi-pass.
2022-7-18
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Robert Kufel Posted at 7-18 07:06
Having trouble with your email address providing video and photos. Thought my email description was pretty clear. When smart controller is turned on first two screens have only DJI, Third screen is language selection, Fourth screen is legal agreement, Fifth screen is country, Sixth screen is wi-fi which never worked with my wi-fi address WLAN. The hardwired download connection to my PC internet worked fine. The download firmware was verified when downloaded with DJI Assistant for Mavic. From instructions there should be a welcome screen with menu that comes up when the smart controller is turned on. Does the smart controller have to be connected to the turned on drone? If the smart controller operates with internal software why is it asking me for a wi-fi connection, when firmware has already been downloaded for operation? Sorry for the confusion, I'm just trying to bring up the operational screen after the firmware has been downloaded. Instead I'm getting wi-fi connection which I can,t bi-pass.

Was this post from you really back in July?  Sure hope you either got an answer, or figured out on your own?  Let's hope you are happily flying by now.
2022-10-11
Use props
Robert Kufel
lvl.1

United States

Have had no luck bringing operational menu up on smartcontroller after downloading firmware directly from internet through my PC.  I put it aside as I could get no answers. When I turn smartcontroller on, it takes me through a sequence to connect to wi-fi. This is the sequence I believe is used to download firmware, which  I did not use as it does not recognize my wi-fi. I have been operating under the assumption that the smartcontroller and drone operate in tandem and not through wi-fi. Baffled. I have a Mavi Air 2. Does the Mavic Air 2 have to be turned on and connected to Smartcontroller  to bring up operational menu on smartcontroller?
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules