Radio Channel Quality Poor after latest updates
3177 17 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Imu calibration, then I also calibrated the compass,I was just about the lift off when I noticed that the radio quality went from good to poor then I got a disconnect. I've been flying this inspire now for about four months and it's been awesome, absolutely no issues whatsoever until today. One very odd thing is that the indicator at the top of the app that indicates level of the radio signal, not the video signal indicator, but the radio signal indicator is showing full bars but I'm still getting getting good to poor messages and then all of a sudden it will disconnect and then reconnect.  I thought I would mention one more thing, after loading the updates on the inspire 1 and the RC controller I was in the app looking around and all of a sudden it crashed the iPad totally rebooted it. The ipad that I'm using is the latest air with 128 gigs  with the cellular radio in it.  It hasn't crashed since it rebooted.

At this point I  guess I'm going to have stopt flying until I can get some more information about what's happening, just a little unnerving.
I guess I'll try and call DJI or get on the chat and see if maybe they have any ideas.  Fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

RK
2015-8-4
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

I updated everything last night and flew this morning without issues.
It was actually butter smooth.
BUT...I'm using Android v1.20...scary to say the least, but absolutely no issues
2015-8-4
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

Has anyone else had any problems with the new update

RK
2015-8-5
Use props
Jorgehlopezc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4957293 ft
Colombia

I upgraded the plane, control and batteries without any problems. I have seen the warnings signal is poor but only a few moments after turning on.Then they disappear. I've tested the bird in several flights in long distance and no problem.
2015-8-5
Use props
Filmax
lvl.2

Norway

Jorgehlopezc Posted at 2015-8-6 00:48
I upgraded the plane, control and batteries without any problems. I have seen the warnings signal is ...

How far away you have been with I1 AFTER update with the new firmware ?
2015-8-5
Use props
Jorgehlopezc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4957293 ft
Colombia

Filmax Posted at 2015-8-6 01:38
How far away you have been with I1 AFTER update with the new firmware ?

1.5 KILOMETERS
2015-8-6
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Jorgehlopezc Posted at 2015-8-6 00:48
I upgraded the plane, control and batteries without any problems. I have seen the warnings signal is ...

android or apple?
2015-8-6
Use props
hp.woudstra
lvl.1

Netherlands

Update succes on I1, 3xTb47 , 2x remote.
But.. while draining the 3th battery by hovering at 4 feet  (to calibrate the new batteryfirmware) the inspire suddenly fliped over and crashed. :-(
Only minor external damage but while trying to stop the motors still spinning (no reponse from remote commands)  one of the esc's smoked... I had to flip it over by hand (still have all my fingers) to remove the battery..
After re-installing the gimbal rubbers and cameraconnectors it starts up without error, but i fear flying the bird now with that pre-toasted esc...

Please advise....
2015-8-6
Use props
Philmkr
New
Flight distance : 122753 ft
United States

Had the same problem. Flew 3 flights on one battery. Changed batteries (all batteries were also updated with new firmware and checked the day before). Received Not Connected in status bar with all camera functions grayed out. Tried rebooting everything twice. On the second reboot (Aircraft shutdown, RC shutdown; RC restart, aircraft restart) it worked. Very strange.
2015-8-8
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

kelleyre@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-6 00:00
Has anyone else had any problems with the new update

RK

yes I'm having the same problem as you... DJI suggested redoing the new firmware, but its still doing it... I put the older FW back on, its done it a few times now, but not as much as with the new FW.. ever other second with the new FW..

I also noticed the battery life seems to drain much faster too
2015-8-15
Use props
rhayhurst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904442 ft
United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-15 20:44
yes I'm having the same problem as you... DJI suggested redoing the new firmware, but its still do ...

I'm seeing the same "Radio Channel Quality Poor" Strong Interference.... message - it switches on and off while the transmitter is sitting untouched on a table.
2015-8-15
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

yes that what I'm getting... signal is strong at the top where it shows the bars, its only in that box that first pops up when you launch the app. that shows the status. Once you close that box, you wouldn't even know this was happening.

I put the older FW back on and the problem seemed to go away mostly... it still does it but with less frequency. I wonder if its a glitch in the app?

When you back step the FW it only does the bird, the RC and Batteries stay at the latest. which makes me think it might be the RC unit and the way it talks to the App. but how knows...

I had no problem flying yesterday so i don't know if its having a really poor signal issue or the App has a glitch!

DJI has "never heard of this problem as of yet"
2015-8-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I would remove and reinstall the App.  Make sure that you are in an environment that free from interference.  Turn the hardware decoder to off.  Set your channels to Custom and choose the channel with the lowest number and set the transmission rate to 4mbps.  See if that solves your problem.
2015-8-24
Use props
lennyschway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1708412 ft
United States

I thought you should turn Hardware Decode to off if you are using an iPad Air but leave it on for an iPad Mini 2 or 3
2015-8-26
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361263 ft

United Kingdom

Also, how can we use custom channels? That ability has been taken away with the new software!
2015-9-3
Use props
Fubar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705020 ft
United States

I just got my Inspire1 but it doesn't seem like it ever has a good radio signal. The controls work fine and it transfers image data without any problems but software says I have poor radio signal the whole time.
2015-9-3
Use props
garys-e-mail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237359 ft
United States

How do you remove and reinstall the upgrade in the controller? is what I ment to ask  B4 update the Radio never was week.  Now it almost is always week.  
2015-11-5
Use props
garys-e-mail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237359 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-24 20:32
I would remove and reinstall the App.  Make sure that you are in an environment that free from inter ...

I had many more channels when this worked right.  now I only have channel 13 through 20 what happened to all of the rest?  
2015-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules