814 15 2022-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, for those that are using or will be using the Skyreat prop guard (this may work with others if needed)
The guard is a bit too tight for my liking, over time I'm sure it will distort the props if left too long.

What i did was, put some cold water in something that's large enough to fit both hands whilst hold the strap at full width.
Have a cloth handy as thats going to be used to hold the tab end of the strap as it will be hot and it will go in the water too.
Next boil some water, put it in something that's big enough to fit the whole strap section, then hold in the strap section (not the bottom)
in the water and let it warm up for 5 or 10 mins, use something long enough to lay across the tub/bowl so you can rest the bottom
of the strap on it so it don't fall in (will be hard to dry it fully).
Once its time, do it fairly quickly, then holding cloth in one hand, lift out the strap by the bottom section and grab the tab end with the cloth,
and stretch it, you will feel it stretch, it needs a decent pull apart to stretch it be just feel for it, and then hold in the cold water to cool it

Now dry the strap and test it, it should hold the props but not tightlyanymore, if they are still tight, warm up that water again then microwave
it up for 40 secs and repeat the above, i had to twice, let me know how ya get on

2022-7-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to know and thanks for sharing Bashy.    Definitely don't want to warp the props.
2022-7-18
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

I have this prop guard as well.  Nice tip for stretching the strap, as I think it's a bit tight too.  Bigger issue was the pin capture though.  I found that after trying to insert the pin a couple of times, the plastic distorted a bit on the hole side then I could not get the pin to pop into the hole.  I think it came back to shape a while later, but not sure if it will be reliable in the long run.  Did you see the same thing?
2022-7-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfbd2311f Posted at 7-19 02:01
I have this prop guard as well.  Nice tip for stretching the strap, as I think it's a bit tight too.  Bigger issue was the pin capture though.  I found that after trying to insert the pin a couple of times, the plastic distorted a bit on the hole side then I could not get the pin to pop into the hole.  I think it came back to shape a while later, but not sure if it will be reliable in the long run.  Did you see the same thing?

sorry, just seen your reply, a tip for future, click the reply link under the post next to the vote button if your expect a reply, then we get notified that someone has replied

No, I've not come across that issue yet, perhaps give them a shout, they may send out another
2022-7-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Once you have had and used the drone for a while you will soon realise that any prop guard is just more faff when setting up and packing away. I am sure after a while that old prop guard will be on the shelf gathering dust
2022-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-7-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have never used prop guards myself.
2022-8-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-12 00:54
I have never used prop guards myself.

With the MIni 2 its really useful, not overly needed for the Mini 3 but you can catch the props when putting it in the DJI bag though so its an either way with that one...
2022-8-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 8-12 03:41
With the MIni 2 its really useful, not overly needed for the Mini 3 but you can catch the props when putting it in the DJI bag though so its an either way with that one...

Why do you use them on the Mini 2?
2022-8-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-12 03:45
Why do you use them on the Mini 2?

Well, first off DJI supplied one with it or at least with the fly more kit, i can't remember now and secondly, it keeps everything together in my Lowepro Flipside backpack, if sommat moves about, then its one less thing for it to catch in there. It would also prevent users from catching the props when putting it in the DJI bag too, its just one less thing to have to think about is all.
2022-8-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 8-12 19:18
Well, first off DJI supplied one with it or at least with the fly more kit, i can't remember now and secondly, it keeps everything together in my Lowepro Flipside backpack, if sommat moves about, then its one less thing for it to catch in there. It would also prevent users from catching the props when putting it in the DJI bag too, its just one less thing to have to think about is all.

Do you leave them on with flying then?
2022-8-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-13 06:12
Do you leave them on with flying then?

no, they are only for when folded up,  we ain't on about the Prop guards for flight, the ones when folded, for example https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKYREAT ... ction/dp/B0B4JMSHMG
2022-8-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps prop restraint might be a bette4 term
2022-8-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 8-13 07:39
no, they are only for when folded up,  we ain't on about the Prop guards for flight, the ones when folded, for example https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKYREAT-Propeller-Protector-Accessories-Protection/dp/B0B4JMSHMG

Aha.
My bad.
Assumed this was about the prop guards for flying.
2022-8-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-14 03:39
Aha.
My bad.
Assumed this was about the prop guards for flying.

Ah, no worries, i called them that because its in the product title on amazon, spouse i could have used Protector lol
2022-8-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 8-14 06:45
Ah, no worries, i called them that because its in the product title on amazon, spouse i could have used Protector lol

Always nice to think you understand someone
2022-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules