Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CAN DJI FPV Headset and DJI FPV Air Unit be used on a PLANE?
723 0 2022-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markevogt
lvl.1
United States

Greetings all!

THIS IS TURNING OUT TO BE A SURPRISINGLY-HARD QUESTION TO GET ANSWERED !!!

I OWN:
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone- DJI Mavic 2 Pro Remote Controller

- DJI FPV Headset (the white ones - LOVE 'em!)

EVERYTHING activated & linked perfectly - I LOVE FLYING THIS SYSTEM !!!

In fact, I LOVE the QUALITY and RANGE of the DJI FPV System SO much that I ALSO PURCHASED a DJI FPV "Air Unit" - the Video TX/RX without the Flight Controller !

THE BIG PLAY IS THIS:
I siimply want to MOUNT this DJI FPV Air Unit to my RADIAN XL (big styrofoam powered glider with 3m wingspan), power the FPV Air Unit up with its own small 450 mAH battery, bind it to my DJI FPV Headset, and FLY MY GLIDER (using a NON-DJI Remote Controller and Flight Controller) using the DJI stuff for FPV ONLY :O

THE BIG QUESTION IS THIS:
CAN THIS BE DONE ?
CAN I use ONLY the FPV HEADSET and FPV AIR UNIT (with its own battery ) SIMPLY to add "FPV" on my RADIAN XL GLIDER ??

SO FAR:
- I HAVE been able to ACTIVATE the DJI FPV Air Unit, but using a DIFFERENT "DJI Assistant 2" laptop app than I used for activating & connecting my DJI Mavic2Pro
- I've also already ACTIVATED my DJI FPV Headset, but when I try to LINK the headset to the air unit... NOTHING HAPPENS :-|

THOUGHTS ???

THE WHOLE GOAL HERE is that DJI has the BEST RANGE and BEST QUALITY IMAGE for FPV, so I simply want to use this FPV AIR UNIT & HEADSET (without being connected to ANY flight controller at all) to "FPV-ize" my favorite glider.

HOPING SOMEONE REPLIES !

Cheers,
-Mark Vogt in North Aurora IL | USA
2022-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules