Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote ID in USA
1246 6 2022-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Courageous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Hey all,
Not sure if this has been discussed but just curious about any plans DJI might have to address the requrirement for Remote ID broadcast coming up next year.  Or are we all going to be stuck with a bunch of grounded aircraft?    Any thoughts?   
2022-7-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts from September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. DJI will conduct evaluation and prepare appropriate plans for different aircraft after the RID technical standards and MOC recognized by FAA are issued. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-7-18
Use props
Courageous
lvl.4

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-18 17:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts from September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. DJI will conduct evaluation and prepare appropriate plans for different aircraft after the RID technical standards and MOC recognized by FAA are issued. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you Paladin for your response.   I guess the big question in my mind is: will the existing hardware be capable of complying with the requirement with some programming changes or are we talking about retrofitting a device onto the current aircraft?   
2022-7-19
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Courageous Posted at 7-19 03:56
Thank you Paladin for your response.   I guess the big question in my mind is: will the existing hardware be capable of complying with the requirement with some programming changes or are we talking about retrofitting a device onto the current aircraft?

The standards have not yet been finalized so nobody knows.
2022-7-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 7-19 19:03
The standards have not yet been finalized so nobody knows.

The Feds know.

Which Drone Pilots Must Comply With the Rule?

All drone pilots required to register their UAS must operate their aircraft in accordance with the final rule on remote ID beginning September 16, 2023, which gives drone owners sufficient time to upgrade their aircraft.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id
2022-7-20
Use props
Courageous
lvl.4

United States

Mark,  dont know how many times I read all that.    It has plenty of Who, What, Where and Why,   but nothing about How and How far?   That will be the big kicker on cost in my view.   (not to mention payload weight)
2022-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Courageous Posted at 7-19 03:56
Thank you Paladin for your response.   I guess the big question in my mind is: will the existing hardware be capable of complying with the requirement with some programming changes or are we talking about retrofitting a device onto the current aircraft?

Thank you for your response. We don't have any information on this yet. We will keep you posted once we receive an update. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules