New DJI GO App Unlocks Possibilities for Your Flight Platform
3443 26 2015-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

DJIGO.jpg
We’re proud to present the new DJI GO app for users of the latest generation of DJI products including the Phantom 3 Series, Inspire 1, and Matrice 100.

This update adds many new, powerful features and combines app functions forall three product lines into one single download, including:

1. Fast sharing with just a few taps, letting you quickly post your photos and videos to SkyPixel, Facebook, Tumblr, and more.

2. Enhanced video and photo editing tools, enabling you to create professional-quality content in minutes.

3. Explore tab for browsing photos and videos by aerial photographers everywhere.

4. Integrated DJI Forum for easily sharing tips and learning from pilots and photographers from around the world.

5. My Earnings tab to share your personal links to the DJI Online Store and earn DJI Credit.

Note:
1. Phantom 3, Inspire 1, and Matrice 100 users must update to the latest firmware before using the GO app. This firmware can be downloaded from your product’s Downloads page on DJI.com.

2. Android version coming soon

Download the DJI GO app from the App Store now and enjoy a new, improved flight experience.
Visit the following link to download GO app:

Visit the following link to learn more:

2015-8-4
Use props
wesseli
lvl.1

United States

I NEED THE ANDROID VERSION !  WHY THE DELAY ?
2015-8-4
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Thanks Autumn.

We all understand that you are putting out the corporate message.
There might be a few people to whom those features are useful - but the majority of your customers will never use them.
Somehow we need to get the message into DJI that your customers aren't getting what they need despite being promised time and time again.

Thanks for all the help and assistance that you provide - we all know that you are here to help.
2015-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Autumn,

Haven't done much yet with the new GO App, but I am sorry to see this app drifting away from the flying controls platform and becoming more of a selling and media platform.

Myself, I would rather see the flying platform and features regarding the aircraft and camera.... and less media and other stuff that can be done in post.

Rich

2015-8-4
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I see very little compelling reason for DJI to be focusing their efforts on this when they haven't delivered waypoints and poi. This is NOT what your customers want!
2015-8-4
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Too funny , new features to turn your quad rotor camera tool into a Facebook etc social media TOY ! Nice work ...this is Not what your satisfied past customer base wanted nor expected your direction would Go. Maybe you should make cell phones instead ? Then get young kids to write new unnecessary features thinking it'll please us to continue upgrading .....too funny
2015-8-5
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love this BUT I am way too worried to obtain this app, I have had too many problems AND my Inspire is still at the shop being repaired after the last update.
2015-8-5
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Facebook is 70% teenagers who cannot even afford the new cheaper P3 Standard. The people who have the money for an Inspire will not use these features so much.
2015-8-5
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Done all the updates - Inspire - RC - 4 batteries - GO App - Flied all 4 batteries to 3 % today - no issues. Rock solid for me
2015-8-5
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

I want an app that cosentrate on flying and managing the AC,  not the comersial stuff,  that you can find on DJI website. If you wanna share your stuff on sosial cyber places its not the right place to have it in a pilot app.

Suggest you remove all not pilot related in the app
2015-8-5
Use props
wesseli
lvl.1

United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-5 22:44
Done all the updates - Inspire - RC - 4 batteries - GO App - Flied all 4 batteries to 3 % today - no ...

does it enter Travel Mode ?
2015-8-5
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

wesseli Posted at 2015-8-6 01:04

I never have my Inspire in travel mode - I always have it in ready to fly mode with the camera attached. So sorry - I can not tell.
2015-8-5
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

wesseli Posted at 2015-8-6 01:04

Yes it enters travel mode just the same as previous version.
2015-8-5
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Another vote to ditch the social media integration and give us a "pilot" platform.  The logic sequence is to fly, record and share.  But DJI seems to be focused on step 3.  Give me better flight controls so I can get the shots worth sharing more effectively and quickly.  Add improvements to the camera so I get better quality images worthy of sharing.  Then, and only then, give me tools to share in social media which are frankly already readily available to me by simply a few taps to switch to another app.  

I don't see myself using ANY of those 5 features with DJI Go.  Even if I do eventually use them, they aren't what I NEED.
2015-8-5
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

agree with the need for production tools not sharing tools.
2015-8-5
Use props
ioshua
lvl.2

United States

Can we view our flights that are logged in the app on line anywhere?
2015-8-5
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

So tired to have to spend time to get used with the new UI (looking like a commercial website) and waste my time with updates (solving some problems and creating others).

Invest your energy to STAY FOCUSED TO GET BETTER VIDEO FEEDS WITH LESS COMPRESSION ARTIFACTS AND FLICKERING.
THIS WAS ASKED A LOT OF TIME FROM A LOT OF PEOPLES...BUT AS USUAL, WITH NO RESPONSES FROM DJI.

But please please please, Stop with this integrated facebook like social network thing!!! we can do that in post.

KEEP THIS PILOT APP CLEAN AND USEFULL, IT'S NOT A NINTENDO WII-U

2015-8-5
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

patou72 Posted at 2015-8-6 06:47
So tired to have to spend time to get used with the new UI (looking like a commercial website) and w ...

Hi Autumn,

How do I access my flight records that I could see in the DJI Pilot App?

I'm not flying at the minute due to time so have not connected to the aircraft.

I have an inspire and phantom 3 but cannot connect to the phantom 3 as the aircraft was stolen.

How do I retrieve all my flight records?

Thanks
2015-8-6
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

patou72 Posted at 2015-8-6 06:47
So tired to have to spend time to get used with the new UI (looking like a commercial website) and w ...

artifacts and flickering video is most likely due to an overheating or underpowered older tablet, unless you have unstable video channels due to interference where youre flying.  I tried an older cheap android tablet that had quite a bit of video chop when i first got my inspire but now when i use my samsung galaxy note 4 there is no issue unless i fly multiple batteries back to back and its hot outside.  The phone is quite hot to the touch and throttles back its cpu to produce less heat and avoid permanent damage.  Even top end tablets will get hot if used in the sun for long times and especially if running other apps in the background.  If you have a newer top end device with good specs feel it to see if heat is your issue.  Try closing all other apps and/or upgrading to a better device if youre using an older tablet.  Nvidia shield on android or ipad air 3 I think people are saying is the best apple tablet, im not an apple fan so im not 100% sure which one has the best specs.
2015-8-6
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

I just got everything updated with the latest firmware and everything went well, I just did and Imu calibration, then I also calibrated the compass,I was just about the lift off when I noticed that the radio quality went from good to poor then I got a disconnect. I've been flying this inspire now for about four months and it's been awesome, absolutely no issues whatsoever until today. One very odd thing is that the indicator at the top of the app that indicates level of the radio signal, not the video signal indicator, but the radio signal indicator is showing full bars but I'm still getting getting good to poor messages and then all of a sudden it will disconnect and then reconnect.  I thought I would mention one more thing, after loading the updates on the inspire 1 and the RC controller I was in the app looking around and all of a sudden it crashed the iPad totally rebooted it. The ipad that I'm using is the latest air with 128 gigs  with the cellular radio in it.  It hasn't crashed since it rebooted.

At this point I  guess I'm going to have stopt flying until I can get some more information about what's happening, just a little unnerving.
I guess I'll try and call DJI or get on the chat and see if maybe they have any ideas.  Fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

RK
2015-8-6
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-6 17:19
artifacts and flickering video is most likely due to an overheating or underpowered older tablet,  ...

Hey Sultangris01,

Sorry, maybe my english is not clear enough. I was not talking about the live video feed on the tablet, but the highly H.264 compressed video recorded on the SD card.

Have a good flight
2015-8-6
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

patou72 Posted at 2015-8-6 23:09
Hey Sultangris01,

Sorry, maybe my english is not clear enough. I was not talking about the live v ...

ah, my apologies, i misunderstood you.  What resolution are you recording video at if you dont mind my asking?  Im not very knowledgeable about video but i use 1080p 60fps and it seems like pretty good quality to me but im using an SD card with the fastest transfer speeds i could find, but being a novice i might not be noticing the problems you are describing as much as a professional would.  I dont have any way to view 4K so i cannot comment on its quality.  Im not very impressed with the still image quality though, i wish that was much better.
2015-8-6
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see no reason for myself to do this upgrade as it does nothing that I would like to see.  Staying with the old version for now.
2015-8-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-8-7 08:41
I see no reason for myself to do this upgrade as it does nothing that I would like to see.  Staying  ...

To be totally honest, I wish I could go back to the old version of DJI Pilot. I really do not like the new format !!

Rich
2015-8-6
Use props
watson101
lvl.2

United States

After two previous crashes required sending my Inspire in for repair, I am delighted with the new v1.3 feature that shuts the motors down when props stop spinning after coming into contact with tree branches. This has already saved me from another long wait for repair.
2015-8-15
Use props
1anr0bbins
lvl.1

Canada

dji pilot worked great on my android 4.4 iconia tablet. dji Go does not work on it but will work on my samsung s5 phone with android 5.0. However DJI specs say android 4.1.2 is minimum, so why isn't it working on my tablet. I'm not made of money so a fix would be nice or bring back the dji pilot and I'll just stay with that.
2015-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules