Has the fogging of the lens been solved?
12Next >
7933 41 2022-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

Hi, there! Has the problem with fogging the lens on the Mini 3 Pro been solved? If so, from which batch (which month number) can I already buy a drone?

And has the problem with lens defocus been solved in the new batches?

2022-7-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive flown over 1030km with the mini3 and never had any issue,  its probably climate related.
2022-7-20
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

DAFlys Posted at 7-20 01:03
Ive flown over 1030km with the mini3 and never had any issue,  its probably climate related.

Yes, perhaps because of the climate. I flew in the city and there were no problems. And in the mountains at an altitude of 2500m, it began to fog up.
I read that DJI was recalled from the sale of a batch of drones released before May. I have April. And what month is your batch?
2022-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oleg13 Posted at 7-20 01:12
Yes, perhaps because of the climate. I flew in the city and there were no problems. And in the mountains at an altitude of 2500m, it began to fog up.
I read that DJI was recalled from the sale of a batch of drones released before May. I have April. And what month is your batch?

I got mine on launch day so I assume its the original batch.
2022-7-20
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

DAFlys Posted at 7-20 01:14
I got mine on launch day so I assume its the original batch.

I'm waiting for an answer, suddenly dji solved the problem of fogging so as not to depend on climatic conditions. after all, if you go on a trip with this problem with a climate where it will fog up, then the shooting will not work.
2022-7-20
Use props
fans6b6353ff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2388 ft
  • >>>
Austria

can you find out the production date by the serial number?? and if how??already found should obviously be on the packaging under UPC
2022-7-20
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

fans6b6353ff Posted at 7-20 02:05
can you find out the production date by the serial number?? and if how??

Where the serial number is indicated in the lower right corner is the year and month. In my case it is 2022/4
2022-7-20
Use props
fans6b6353ff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2388 ft
  • >>>
Austria

thank you i found it
2022-7-20
Use props
tvarad
lvl.2
Netherlands

Oleg13 Posted at 7-20 01:12

I concur. I bought mine out from a warm room to the cold outside where it had rained recently and a moisture dot formed inside the lens enclosure within a few minutes.
2022-7-20
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

tvarad Posted at 7-20 06:37
I concur. I bought mine out from a warm room to the cold outside where it had rained recently and a moisture dot formed inside the lens enclosure within a few minutes.

And what batch of drone do you have? What month?
2022-7-20
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

By the way! And what about winter!? Won't it fog up in winter?
2022-7-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fogging on the inside of the lens is not a FW or SW problem and it won’t miraculously disappear. If you are having this problem then you have a defective problem and it will occur again and again. You need to return your drone for another.

Many cameras coming from cold into heat fog the lens but not on the inside of the lens like was happening with some mini 3 drones.
2022-7-20
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 7-20 08:43
Fogging on the inside of the lens is not a FW or SW problem and it won’t miraculously disappear. If you are having this problem then you have a defective problem and it will occur again and again. You need to return your drone for another.

Many cameras coming from cold into heat fog the lens but not on the inside of the lens like was happening with some mini 3 drones.

Yes, I have exactly this problem and some people have it the same way. That is, this problem is not on all mini 3 drones?
In some parties there is no such problem? What does it depend on?
How do I find out when buying a drone if it has this problem? After all, it can be detected only in certain weather and temperature conditions.
2022-7-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Oleg13 Posted at 7-20 08:49
Yes, I have exactly this problem and some people have it the same way. That is, this problem is not on all mini 3 drones?
In some parties there is no such problem? What does it depend on?
How do I find out when buying a drone if it has this problem? After all, it can be detected only in certain weather and temperature conditions.

You warranty will cover this defect, so if it has shown up you should simply start a return and ask that they repair or replace your drone. Its hard to know when buying but as soon as you see it happening then its time to return.
2022-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a June 2022 Mini 3 Pro and i have not seen this issue yet
2022-7-20
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 7-20 08:53
You warranty will cover this defect, so if it has shown up you should simply start a return and ask that they repair or replace your drone. Its hard to know when buying but as soon as you see it happening then its time to return.

Unfortunately, the warranty does not apply in my country(
2022-7-21
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

Bashy Posted at 7-20 13:40
I have a June 2022 Mini 3 Pro and i have not seen this issue yet

Perhaps you have not yet encountered this problem, have not been in such weather and temperature conditions.
Flying in the city, I didn't have this effect either. But flying in the mountains and getting into a cloud, the lens immediately began to fog up.
2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oleg13 Posted at 7-21 00:18
Perhaps you have not yet encountered this problem, have not been in such weather and temperature conditions.
Flying in the city, I didn't have this effect either. But flying in the mountains and getting into a cloud, the lens immediately began to fog up.

Yeah, that probably would cause any lens to fog up, but on the outside.

I heard folks had the issue on warm sunny days, just general everyday day, that's what its been like here, out of my AC cooled car and into 35
ºC temp
2022-7-21
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

Bashy Posted at 7-21 00:21
Yeah, that probably would cause any lens to fog up, but on the outside.

I heard folks had the issue on warm sunny days, just general everyday day, that's what its been like here, out of my AC cooled car and into 35

I started at +35 degrees Celsius and there was no such effect. And in the mountains it's cool at altitude. But the lens misted up not at the lens itself, but at the front removable glass - a condensation stain appeared. First I went lower and the fogging went away. But then the cloud flew more and only after landing I saw this spot and the fogging went away. I'm worried that this will happen in winter.
2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oleg13 Posted at 7-21 00:24
I started at +35 degrees Celsius and there was no such effect. And in the mountains it's cool at altitude. But the lens misted up not at the lens itself, but at the front removable glass - a condensation stain appeared. First I went lower and the fogging went away. But then the cloud flew more and only after landing I saw this spot and the fogging went away. I'm worried that this will happen in winter.

Probably will, yours sounds like normal condensation from hot to cold, but if it is on the inside of the lens where you cannot wipe it off then you need to get in touch with support.
2022-7-21
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

Bashy Posted at 7-21 00:26
Probably will, yours sounds like normal condensation from hot to cold, but if it is on the inside of the lens where you cannot wipe it off then you need to get in touch with support.

The whole problem is that there is no warranty in my country(
2022-7-21
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I have no problems, but I heard that the problem is in an incorrectly installed rubber ring: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Pv4y1w7ai/?spm_id_from=autoNext
You can fix it yourself.
2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oleg13 Posted at 7-21 00:27
The whole problem is that there is no warranty in my country(

Oh, i see, yeah that would be a problem, send back to china for warranty repairs?...
2022-7-21
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

Dryvise Posted at 7-21 00:49
I have no problems, but I heard that the problem is in an incorrectly installed rubber ring: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Pv4y1w7ai/?spm_id_from=autoNext
You can fix it yourself.

Thanks, I'll check it myself! And you have a drone from which batch?
2022-7-21
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

Bashy Posted at 7-21 00:59
Oh, i see, yeah that would be a problem, send back to china for warranty repairs?...

Yes, I buy it on Aliexpress, but returning to China is not very easy and I have no proof, I forgot to photo the fogging when the drone landed (
2022-7-21
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Russia

Found a more detailed video:

In addition, you can lubricate the ring with a sealing lubricant, such as silicone for a coffee maker. I have such a lubricant for the O-rings of a waterproof lamp. Only a very, very thin layer!
Oleg13 I can only check in the evening. I will write.
2022-7-21
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

Dryvise Posted at 7-21 01:04
Found a more detailed video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDQeTG-ayB0

In addition, you can lubricate the ring with a sealing lubricant, such as silicone for a coffee maker. I have such a lubricant for the O-rings of a waterproof lamp. Only a very, very thin layer!

Thank you!
2022-7-21
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Russia

Date: 04\2022
As I said, there were no problems, but I decided to check. The rubber ring was installed incorrectly.
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-21 at 17.17.42.jpeg

2022-7-21
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1130577 ft
Sweden

Same problem here
91A1CEAC-0B6E-4E44-9643-2C4A41964BE0.jpeg
2022-7-22
Use props
djiuser_heZNljQXiCLG
lvl.1

Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 7-20 01:03

2022-9-25
Use props
djiuser_heZNljQXiCLG
lvl.1

Brazil

djiuser_heZNljQXiCLG Posted at 9-25 11:02

In What whether conditions?
2022-9-25
Use props
Vương Sơn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883320 ft
Vietnam

Cao su vòng đệm thay thế sẽ được xử lý vì error on
Cam_mini3.jpg
2022-11-8
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Is still there for APRIL and MAY releases.
Seems to be gone starting June production, probably the idiot Chinese person from assembly line was fired )))))))))
2022-11-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Pretty sure the o-ring inside mine is the wrong size for the groove.  Its a very loose fit and is never going to seal properly.  (bought in May).

I wonder if later models used the correct size o-ring.
2022-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-9 02:52
Is still there for APRIL and MAY releases.
Seems to be gone starting June production, probably the idiot Chinese person from assembly line was fired )))))))))

Well you had a go yourself and you weren’t very successful, . How difficult can it be to fit an O ring. ;+)
2022-11-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

That depends if the supplied o-ring is the correct size.  I suspect on my April model it's not given the loose, slack engagement.
2022-11-9
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Mine's May model. Haven't had any fogging issues, even when I took it up high in the mountains and in -9C weather (for a short time around 5 minutes).
2022-11-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 11-9 06:40
Well you had a go yourself and you weren’t very successful, . How difficult can it be to fit an O ring. ;+)

Is not only O-RIng, is also the seal from back of camera...Also they put O-Ring but forget to clean the lenses inside, so a rainbow appear instead of fog )))))))
2022-11-10
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

Привет! Партии с сентября - исправили конструктив и все ок. Но теперь у них косячные пульты RC - у меня и трех людей с одной партии брак контроллера питания. Естественно, DJI все отрицают.
2022-11-10
Use props
Do you travel
New

India

I bought DJI Mini 3 pro 2 months ago, i used it for few times only, now only I noticed there is a fog is foaming inside the camera once the drone used. Please kindly let me know how to solve this problem.
2023-6-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules