PC/Mac Will Not Recognize ProSSD
3243 7 2022-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Allen.Francis
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I'm enjoying shooting with the Ronin 4D. Just a week ago I shot some sports footage and brought it back, was able to successfully upload from the 1TB ProSSD to my computer. However, this last time I took it out, I was unable to get any computer in our office to read it. I tried several different Dell PCs, a laptop and even a Mac Mini with M1 chip. It seems nothing wants to read the ProSSD via USB-C (the cable that came with it). I've even tried a USB-C to USB-A cable and that doesn't work either. I have upgraded the firmware on the 4D to see if that may have had something to do with it, but that didn't help either. Has anyone else encountered issues with getting the ProSSD to be recognized on computers? I really need to get these clips off of there for a project.

2022-7-20
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

Can the camera read it? That´s the most important thing, to check if the camera can see the files. If not then maybe it got corrupted.

2022-7-21
Use props
Allen.Francis
lvl.1
United States

KillerKingSSS Posted at 7-21 11:00
Can the camera read it?

Yes. The camera reads it just fine.
2022-7-21
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

Allen.Francis Posted at 7-21 11:02
Yes. The camera reads it just fine.

Good to hear, then your data is there so maybe it´s just some conflict with windows assigning the letter.
What happens when you plug the camera in windows? Does the drive shows up in disk manager?
You can try:
Case 1. SSD Not Showing Up Because the Drive Letter is Missing or Conflicting
Sometimes, your SSD not showing up is because the drive letter of the SSD is missing or conflicting with another disk, and the Windows OS is unable to recognize it. You can solve this problem by manually assigning the SSD a new drive letter in Windows Disk Management.
To assign the SSD a new drive letter, follow these steps:
Step 1: Right-click on "This PC", select "Manage". Under the Storage section, click "Disk Management".
Step 2: Right-click on the SSD partition and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths…".
Step 3: Among Add, Change, and Remove, click the "Change" button, and then select a drive letter from the list. Click "OK" to confirm.
Case 2. SSD Not Showing Up Because It is Not Initialized
If you get a new SSD and it won't show up in Windows Explorer, it's likely in the "uninitialized" state. You must initialize a disk before Logical Disk Manager can access it.
Also, if an old SSD shows the "disk unknown not initialized" error, the reason is the same. In these two situations, to fix the problem, you can try to connect the SSD to another working computer to check if it reports the same error. Otherwise, you will need to initialize the SSD in Windows 10.

To initialize an SSD, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open Disk Management on your computer.
Step 2: Find and right-click the SSD you want to initialize, and then click "Initialize Disk".
Step 3: In the Initialize Disk dialog box, select the disk(s) to initialize. You can select whether to use the master boot record (MBR) or GUID partition table (GPT) partition style.
Case 3. SSD Not Showing Up Because the File System is Not Supported
If the above two methods do not work for you, you need to think further. One assumption is that the file system has corrupted or Windows does not support the current file system.
As investigated, the relevant file system issues are mainly displayed as 'RAW', 'Free space', or 'Unallocated space'. To fix the file system issues, reformatting the disk would be enough.
Note: Disk formatting will completely erase data on the disk. If you didn't create a data backup before, download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for FREE to recover data from the formatted SSD.
2022-7-21
Use props
ogkoo
New

Qatar

Did you get this problem fixed?

I have the same problem, DJI ProSSD doesn't connect to any of my devices.
Once in 100 tries, it will connect but it will get disconnected in a few minutes.

This left me in a big trouble since Im unable to deliver video materials and Im far behind my deadline.
I have around 500gb of materials which I cannot access.
2022-11-19
Use props
MJM Pictures
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I find that the USB C cables that the media came with don't always connect but when I use a USB A size cable to C size it does connect! SO it's something in the cable I have 2 cards and it's the same on both cables and media
2022-11-22
Use props
DominicCarter
lvl.1

United States

Did anyone resolve this? This has happened to me with some important footage. Ronin 4D recognizes just fine but multiple computers cannot see the drive. Drive doesn’t even light up.
2023-11-20
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412608 ft
United Kingdom

I found the solution that worked for me was to use a powered USB bank with USB-C connectors, in fact the speed is very interesting, it turns out that the DJI ProSSD is not as fast as you might think.
2023-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules