Network connection
17039 19 2022-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fedorovic
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi,
I want to update my MINI 3 PRO but the controller report: "Network connection required" before my controller always automatic detect my home WIFI connection.
how can I find my home network connection at the controller?

Many thanks.
2022-7-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scroll from top down on main screen.  You'll then see below screen.  Click on #2 Settings and it will take you to where you can click on network connections.

RC.jpg
2022-7-20
Use props
Fedorovic
lvl.1
Belgium

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-20 08:35
Scroll from top down on main screen.  You'll then see below screen.  Click on #2 Settings and it will take you to where you can click on network connections.

Many thanks RDB. I will check tomorrow.
Yes I found it. Always keep in mind that the RC works like a phone
2022-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fedorovic. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to follow the post given above by DowntownRDB on post #2 to see if the issue will still persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-7-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Fedorovic Posted at 7-20 10:28
Many thanks RDB. I will check tomorrow.

You're very welcome.  
2022-7-21
Use props
andyhall
New

United Kingdom

The screen you need to change the wifi network is called quick settings and is shown in the picture in the post above. However, it took me a look at the manual and some playing about to access it. If you swipe down from the very top of the touch screen you will see a status bar appear. If you swipe down from the very top twice in rapid succession you will acccess the quick settings screen. Nobody seems to emphasise that, but it works and is pretty much as documented in the manual.  
2022-7-21
Use props
Fedorovic
lvl.1
Belgium

andyhall Posted at 7-21 07:50
The screen you need to change the wifi network is called quick settings and is shown in the picture in the post above. However, it took me a look at the manual and some playing about to access it. If you swipe down from the very top of the touch screen you will see a status bar appear. If you swipe down from the very top twice in rapid succession you will acccess the quick settings screen. Nobody seems to emphasise that, but it works and is pretty much as documented in the manual.

Yes Andy, like I say before, the RC screen works like a smartPhone.
I only forgot this. Many thanks for your support.
2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_E2zylVNr3Q5V
New

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2022-7-20 08:35
Scroll from top down on main screen.  You'll then see below screen.  Click on #2 Settings and it will take you to where you can click on network connections.[Image]

Eventually managed to get the controller to show the menu. It’s very fiddly, swipe down from CNS button smoothly to bottom middle of screen & by luck it’l show. Why it can’t show up by dedicated button on menu, or perhaps show a “click here” when network connection” message shows is beyond me. Such a simple thing to do yet so many apps these days cause unnecessary problems. Don’t they ever get user tested? Life was easier before all this tech nonsense
2023-4-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_E2zylVNr3Q5V Posted at 4-10 04:19
Eventually managed to get the controller to show the menu. It’s very fiddly, swipe down from CNS button smoothly to bottom middle of screen & by luck it’l show. Why it can’t show up by dedicated button on menu, or perhaps show a “click here” when network connection” message shows is beyond me. Such a simple thing to do yet so many apps these days cause unnecessary problems. Don’t they ever get user tested? Life was easier before all this tech nonsense

I like the idea of a “click here” when network connection message shows.  Shouldn't be that hard for DJI to implement.  
2023-4-10
Use props
dustabbe.hotmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76319 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2022-7-21 02:45
You're very welcome.

Thanks! Worked perfect!
2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

dustabbe.hotmail Posted at 5-3 13:59
Thanks! Worked perfect!

You're welcome.  Hope you have a great day and a nice weekend.
2023-5-4
Use props
mas92107
lvl.1

United States

Thank you @andyhall!  I would never have discovered this hidden menu without your post.
2023-7-28
Use props
mas92107
lvl.1

United States

Fedorovic Posted at 2022-7-21 08:42
Yes Andy, like I say before, the RC screen works like a smartPhone.
I only forgot this. Many thanks for your support.

Not everyone has an Android phone.  Thanks again though.
2023-7-28
Use props
djiuser_TIdajg7DzyUc
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Scroll from top down on main screen.  You'll then see below screen.  Click on #2 Settings and it will take you to where you can click on network connections.

Man... I was ready to return the drone to BB. Thank you for the post. I will never figure it out this option...thanks
2023-8-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_TIdajg7DzyUc Posted at 8-1 20:03
Man... I was ready to return the drone to BB. Thank you for the post. I will never figure it out this option...thanks

You're welcome.  Hope you are having a great week.
2023-8-2
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Scroll from top down on main screen.  You'll then see below screen.  Click on #2 Settings and it will take you to where you can click on network connections.[Image]

Thank you Very bad implented from DJI Anything unintuitive like this where you have to go to the web to find out is bad implemented software I hope they can fix that in the future It is the second time it happened to me , first with mini 3 pro snd now with air 3. 1 hour looking everywhere and could not fix the problem and find this hidden view until I saw your post.
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

mastix Posted at 8-28 13:26
Thank you Very bad implented from DJI Anything unintuitive like this where you have to go to the web to find out is bad implemented software I hope they can fix that in the future It is the second time it happened to me , first with mini 3 pro snd now with air 3. 1 hour looking everywhere and could not fix the problem and find this hidden view until I saw your post.

Hello there! We apologize for any trouble this has caused. Please know that this has been reported and forwarded to the relevant team for review. We appreciate your patience and kind understanding!
2023-8-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

mastix Posted at 8-28 13:26

You're welcome and glad it helped.  
2023-8-29
Use props
Camp and Hike
New

United States

andyhall Posted at 2022-7-21 07:50

That's the key!!!  It is very, very unintuitive!  Thanks so much, Andyhall!
2023-11-1
Use props
virapirus.hotmail
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

It s very intuitive i ve found on https://dji.network/ more information that clarify me all
4-15 04:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules