DJI Mini SE Range Issues
3334 6 2022-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ConnorFTW
New
Canada

Good afternoon. I had a question in regards to my DJI Mini SE. I am in a fairly unpopulated location. Few trees, buildings and objects. When I fly my drone, I get 500-600 feet before it starts lagging then disconnects and comes back. Im wondering if anyone has any tips of range. I was looking online, it said almost 4km when flying the Mini SE. So anyone have any ideas.
Thanks, Connor.
2022-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Connor. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Mini SE to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-7-20
Use props
ConnorFTW
New
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-20 22:45
Hello there Connor. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Mini SE to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hey thank you for the reply. I am using an iphone 7 pro. I tried moving to a park close to my house, and got a little more distance, but again was very little. I see that photo you attached, I will be sure to try that next time im out flying. Any other ideas? Thanks, Connor.
2022-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ConnorFTW Posted at 7-21 04:35
Hey thank you for the reply. I am using an iphone 7 pro. I tried moving to a park close to my house, and got a little more distance, but again was very little. I see that photo you attached, I will be sure to try that next time im out flying. Any other ideas? Thanks, Connor.

Hi there Connor. Thank you for the reply and for this given update. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device as well for us to be able to isolate the issue. Thank you.

2022-7-22
Use props
KoryMaine
New
Flight distance : 2352 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-7-20 22:45
Hello there Connor. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Mini SE to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello, I purchased the same drone and having the same issues. I can't get more than a few hundred feet without it glitching and recording video that is spotty. I have tried on multiple devices with the same issues. Please help.
2023-2-25
Use props
Nevermind1212
New

Bulgaria

Hello, I recently got the dji mini 2 se, and I only get 400m range, it says that it’s supposed to get 10km, I faced the controller with my smartphone in the direction of the drone. Please, give me some tips how to get more signal or what I need to do.
1-1 11:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nevermind1212 Posted at 1-1 11:24
Hello, I recently got the dji mini 2 se, and I only get 400m range, it says that it’s supposed to get 10km, I faced the controller with my smartphone in the direction of the drone. Please, give me some tips how to get more signal or what I need to do.

Hi there. Sorry about the inconvenience. The main factors that affect the transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. Please check the notes below and see if it will help:
1. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
2. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

3. Keep note of trees and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.
4. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers. Have a great day ahead.
1-2 00:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules