Confused about formatting compatability
5714 6 2022-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulf6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10548 ft
United States

Hi All - I just purchased a DJI Mini 3 Pro and am loving it. I'm confused about formatting the microSD cards. Using the controller, when I format the internal SD card, all is fine until I need to transfer the pictures I took with the drone to my PC, so I can process them in Photoshop. When I insert the SD card into my PC, I immediately receive a notice that tells me I need to format the SD card. Apparently, Windows 10 cannot read the photos I've created after formatting the SD card in my drone. Can someone please help me with what I'm doing wrong? Thanks. -Paul
2022-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Paul. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different microSD card to see if the issue will persist? Just a reminder that if the SD Card is formatted, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should be formatted in to the FAT32 file system while the SD card that is larger thank 32GB should be formatted in to exFAT file system. Thank you.

2022-7-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a similar issue but after formatting the SD Card on my windows PC the issue resolved.  On my other DJI Drones I could format the SD Card in the drone and not have an issue.  Guess my Mini 3 is different.
2022-7-21
Use props
fansbfc83bb6
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-21 04:32
I had a similar issue but after formatting the SD Card on my windows PC the issue resolved.  On my other DJI Drones I could format the SD Card in the drone and not have an issue.  Guess my Mini 3 is different.

You've just described my problem perfectly. When I format a SanDisk 512 Gb micro SD card while it is inserted within my Mini 3 Pro drone and then take photos, my Win 10 PC is unable to read the card and tells me I need to format it. However, if I first format the card in my Win 10 PC and then take photos, my PC can see the photos I took and allow me to work on them in Photoshop. Thanks for your help. Paul
2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fansbfc83bb6 Posted at 7-21 06:06
You've just described my problem perfectly. When I format a SanDisk 512 Gb micro SD card while it is inserted within my Mini 3 Pro drone and then take photos, my Win 10 PC is unable to read the card and tells me I need to format it. However, if I first format the card in my Win 10 PC and then take photos, my PC can see the photos I took and allow me to work on them in Photoshop. Thanks for your help. Paul

No problem Paul.    I'm just glad you got the issue resolved.  Happy flying!
2022-7-21
Use props
fansbfc83bb6
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-21 08:07
No problem Paul.    I'm just glad you got the issue resolved.  Happy flying!

Many thanks!!!  :-)
2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fansbfc83bb6 Posted at 7-21 08:50
Many thanks!!!  :-)

You're very welcome.    
2022-7-21