Crashed! Body separating. Should I take apart and pop back in?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnnybgoode613
lvl.1

United States

I crashed the drone the other week. It went through a tree and crashed with the top on the ground. The drone seems to be fine but it is seperating a bit. In theory, I just need to loosen the screws and pop it back into place but I wanted to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I do it.

separated drone

separated drone
2022-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there johnnybgoode613. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and now we are having this issue. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assess the DJI Drone for damages. We will do our  best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2022-7-20
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

dont look bad but it will be better for the aircraft to put the shell on the place
2022-7-20
Use props
djiuser_dF2yV0vap0J4
New
Flight distance : 520118 ft
United States

I'd give it a try before taking it in. Probably an easy fix. Use plastic tools to avoid scratches. I was pleased when I was able to fix my Mini 2 for something similar.
2022-7-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Search youtube for the procedure.  Yes you have to remove the screws, but there's a trick to popping that top off involving the props.  I'd get the two wings popped first, then snap that photo'd section in, then snap the wings back in.  Then replace the screws.  See youtube.  Good luck
2022-7-21
Use props
johnnybgoode613
lvl.1

United States

Thank you everyone! I got it taken apart, put back together and everything is working great!
2022-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules