12Next >
3914 56 2022-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Got a notification on the RC, but can checked manually in the "Profile -> Settings" menu as well.

Screenshot_20220721-150629.png

2022-7-21
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Not testet yet as it heavily raining .
2022-7-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 7-21 05:24
Not testet yet as it heavily raining .

I'll wait for your report before I download it
2022-7-21
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 7-21 05:31
I'll wait for your report before I download it

me too :-)
2022-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m installing it now.  

2022-7-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 05:51
I’m installing it now.  

[view_image]

I might have known you couldn't wait
2022-7-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-7-21
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Are you chicken-hearted ?  

Currently a thunderstorm is approaching, hopefully i can do a test after.
2022-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just did a quick 1km test flight and the compass is fixed.  Although I wasn’t able to calibrate it fully like before.  
2022-7-21
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can confirm the compass is fixed.  Only did a quick flight, so can't confirm all features are as they should be though.
2022-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-21 05:52
I might have known you couldn't wait

Installed and did a quick 1km test flight in a nice big circle around me and it’s working correctly.   Not sure the calibration works properly but the compass in the rada was right.  
2022-7-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 06:39
Installed and did a quick 1km test flight in a nice big circle around me and it’s working correctly.   Not sure the calibration works properly but the compass in the rada was right.

2022-7-21
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Took the chance between too big rain clouds to test.
I have calibrated the RC and the Mini 3 Pro, because the compas view was 90 degrees off.
Then i discovered that it depends on which compass view you use.

Classic View with drone in the center -> everything is ok again.

New View with RC in the center -> still moving or jumping around

Conclusion -> there was no need to calibrate the compass on both devices as i was already in the New View and fooled by it.

Everything else i have tested seems to be still ok.
2022-7-21
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

This is the cloud that is approaching now and meanwhile we got a severe weather warning.

2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing the video.  I have updated but it is way too windy here to give it a test flight.  Just hoping I have the same good performance that Darren had in the video.  
2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 05:51
I’m installing it now.  

[view_image]

Nice to see you are updating.  Can't wait to see your results.  I think I already mentioned but the winds are way too high to even try and fly the Mini 3.  Rains left but now the winds are blowing hard.
2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 06:39

Nice.    
2022-7-21
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-21 07:39
Thanks for sharing the video.  I have updated but it is way too windy here to give it a test flight.  Just hoping I have the same good performance that Darren had in the video.

Cumulonimbus cloud.  That can have interference from a distance i believe.  Be cautious
2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 7-21 07:08
Took the chance between too big rain clouds to test.
I have calibrated the RC and the Mini 3 Pro, because the compas view was 90 degrees off.
Then i discovered that it depends on which compass view you use.

Great to know info.    Again, thanks for sharing results.
2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

chillibadger Posted at 7-21 07:42
Cumulonimbus cloud.  That can have interference from a distance i believe.  Be cautious

Will do.  
2022-7-21
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

MySky Posted at 7-21 07:28
This is the cloud that is approaching now and meanwhile we got a severe weather warning.

[view_image]

Great - I really love those kind of shots. Well done!
2022-7-21
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for that horizontal levelling tip while in flight. I had not known that one!
2022-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MySky. Good day and thank you for giving out these information about the new DJI RC firmware v01.01.0300. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2022-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 7-21 07:42

thanks chillibadger,  do you mean radio interference?
2022-7-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-21 07:41
Nice to see you are updating.  Can't wait to see your results.  I think I already mentioned but the winds are way too high to even try and fly the Mini 3.  Rains left but now the winds are blowing hard.

Got a couple of flights in this morning,   noticed on a RTH that it fly back sideways,   both batteries did that.  Never had that before.  It did straighten up for landing.  Banking right seems a lot better though.  

BTW I dont normally use RTH I was just testing a couple of things after playing with dolly zoom.
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-22 00:13
Got a couple of flights in this morning,   noticed on a RTH that it fly back sideways,   both batteries did that.  Never had that before.  It did straighten up for landing.  Banking right seems a lot better though.  

BTW I dont normally use RTH I was just testing a couple of things after playing with dolly zoom.

What did you think about the radar though, is yours spot on or like mine about 5 or 10 degrees off still and what about the radar turning, is it smooth for you or still in large increments like it is for me and other videos I've seen? I cant remember if the Mini 2 is in large increments, i should test that later...
2022-7-22
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 7-22 02:00
What did you think about the radar though, is yours spot on or like mine about 5 or 10 degrees off still and what about the radar turning, is it smooth for you or still in large increments like it is for me and other videos I've seen? I cant remember if the Mini 2 is in large increments, i should test that later...

Mine is still like this and a several degrees off even after calibration.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 904&pid=2803707
2022-7-22
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Just tested, with the first Battery the arrow indication (drone) was tilted like 90 degrees.
Wiith second Battery now is ok and it looks like now is properly working
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

juan55 Posted at 7-22 03:26
Just tested, with the first Battery the arrow indication (drone) was tilted like 90 degrees.
Wiith second Battery now is ok and it looks like now is properly working

Strange, i only tested with one battery...
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 7-22 03:06
Mine is still like this and a several degrees off even after calibration.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=269904&pid=2803707

Perhaps the fw didnt take, try to refresh it perhaps?
2022-7-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-22 02:00
What did you think about the radar though, is yours spot on or like mine about 5 or 10 degrees off still and what about the radar turning, is it smooth for you or still in large increments like it is for me and other videos I've seen? I cant remember if the Mini 2 is in large increments, i should test that later...

Mines a few degrees off and I think the refresh rate is probably slower than it was.
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-22 03:40
Mines a few degrees off and I think the refresh rate is probably slower than it was.

Baffles me why these youtubers do not have a clue, they say a thing is fixed yet clearly its not, granted, the 1 issue that they had is sorted, the compass being totally out of wack, but i never saw that issue myself, basically for me, nothing has changed, well, that's not entirely correct, its not as bad in the direction now, before it was off by about 20-30 degrees, now its 5-10 degrees.

I am going to try to calibrate the rc again and test it in a bit...
2022-7-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-22 00:13
Got a couple of flights in this morning,   noticed on a RTH that it fly back sideways,   both batteries did that.  Never had that before.  It did straighten up for landing.  Banking right seems a lot better though.  

I don't think I've seen mine fly back sideways but then again I've only tested RTH a couple of times to make sure it works.  For sure something I'll need to take a look at.  
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have not even tested RTH yet, I don't think I have, it did do an auto RTH on losing signal though, that worked but it was far too quick to initiate RTH if remember correctly, it was close to instant...
2022-7-22
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 7-22 07:00
I have not even tested RTH yet, I don't think I have, it did do an auto RTH on losing signal though, that worked but it was far too quick to initiate RTH if remember correctly, it was close to instant...

I have had it yesterday twice that surprisingly the auto RTH kicked in at a distance of approx. 50m and 35m up after a signal loss. Haven't had that before.
Then i noticed that at both times an airplane was taking  off and doing a turn to my direction to avoid the thunderstorm. Maybe it was related to planes radar interferinng the RC signal.
Today nothing within 2 full batteries flight time at the same location.
And before the drone police starts to complain, the airport is 17km away.
On RTH my bird is heading strait to the HP.
Btw. I cannot calibrate the compass again, as the RC is saying that everything is normal and if i push the the Calibrate button, it directly jumps to green/done.

2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 7-22 07:40
I have had it yesterday twice that surprisingly the auto RTH kicked in at a distance of approx. 50m and 35m up after a signal loss. Haven't had that before.
Then i noticed that at both times an airplane was taking  off and doing a turn to my direction to avoid the thunderstorm. Maybe it was related to planes radar interferinng the RC signal.
Today nothing within 2 full batteries flight time at the same location.

I cannot comment on a plane's radar affecting something, but to be honest i would be surprised, boats have radar and no issues with drones there, but that's all i know on that score lol...

As for the compass, you can force a calibration using a magnet, it works with those neodymium but whilst it does report an error and it does allow you to calibrate, its only a shorter calibration, i.e. do it fast, left right, back, front, once each, you have just enough time to do one of each.

The caveat is, it might not even record the calibration as its too short, DAFlys says no difference to his  but i am sure it improved mine but i wouldnt swear by it... see how you get on...
2022-7-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-22 06:14
I don't think I've seen mine fly back sideways but then again I've only tested RTH a couple of times to make sure it works.  For sure something I'll need to take a look at.

I dont normally use it,  was just trying it out.   Did a couple more on a different day and it was OK,  I wonder if it was wind related.
2022-7-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-23 00:33
I dont normally use it,  was just trying it out.   Did a couple more on a different day and it was OK,  I wonder if it was wind related.

Very strange occurrence.  Must have been some strong winds if that was the cause of flying sideways.
2022-7-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-23 04:02
Very strange occurrence.  Must have been some strong winds if that was the cause of flying sideways.

It did it twice on two separate batteries,  Ive tested it again and. it didnt do it again.    Odd this was it did straighten up just before it went into the landing stage.  
2022-7-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-23 23:38
It did it twice on two separate batteries,  Ive tested it again and. it didnt do it again.    Odd this was it did straighten up just before it went into the landing stage.

That does really seem strange, especially since it straightened up just before descending to land.
2022-7-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules