Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-24 06:13
That does really seem strange, especially since it straightened up just before descending to land.

I did one more test somewhere else and it behaved properly so Im chalking it up to the wind,   I rarely use the RTH anyway so not a big deal.
2022-7-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-24 23:15
I did one more test somewhere else and it behaved properly so Im chalking it up to the wind,   I rarely use the RTH anyway so not a big deal.

I've tested RTH on each drone just to observe how it functions.  However, like you, I prefer not to use it, especially since I hand recover 99.9% of the time.  I still can't believe how incredibly low the Mini 3 sits, so just another reason to hand launch/recover.
2022-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-25 04:41
I've tested RTH on each drone just to observe how it functions.  However, like you, I prefer not to use it, especially since I hand recover 99.9% of the time.  I still can't believe how incredibly low the Mini 3 sits, so just another reason to hand launch/recover.

I have landed the mini3 on the ground a few times but for the most part I either land on the sea wall if Im down at the creek or I hand catch as I have had it fall over a few times when landing.
2022-7-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-25 22:40
I have landed the mini3 on the ground a few times but for the most part I either land on the sea wall if Im down at the creek or I hand catch as I have had it fall over a few times when landing.

I hear on that.  I'm just really not comfortable with landing on a pad or whatever in lieu of the Mini 3 not having any legs to speak of.  Those "nubs" just make it sit way to low to the ground and would be very easy to kick up things to injest in a motor or force through one of the air intake vents.
2022-7-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-26 06:29
I hear on that.  I'm just really not comfortable with landing on a pad or whatever in lieu of the Mini 3 not having any legs to speak of.  Those "nubs" just make it sit way to low to the ground and would be very easy to kick up things to injest in a motor or force through one of the air intake vents.

Yes,  its better to be safe than sorry.
2022-7-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-26 22:07
Yes,  its better to be safe than sorry.

For sure it is.  I guess  the only reason DJI cut off the legs was to keep weight down, especially since it appears the gimbal assembly is heavier than on Mini 2 and for sure the OA sensors have to of added a bit of weight.  So DJI had to cut weight somewhere else and off went the legs.  I think the body (shell) is thinner than on Mini 2 also.  
2022-7-27
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-27 09:51
For sure it is.  I guess  the only reason DJI cut off the legs was to keep weight down, especially since it appears the gimbal assembly is heavier than on Mini 2 and for sure the OA sensors have to of added a bit of weight.  So DJI had to cut weight somewhere else and off went the legs.  I think the body (shell) is thinner than on Mini 2 also.

And also the needed cooling fan.
2022-7-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 7-27 10:34
And also the needed cooling fan.

True.  I wonder if the fan really weighed that much or was it a combo of fan weight and drawing voltage?   

In any case I sure wish they would have left it in.  
2022-7-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-27 09:51
For sure it is.  I guess  the only reason DJI cut off the legs was to keep weight down, especially since it appears the gimbal assembly is heavier than on Mini 2 and for sure the OA sensors have to of added a bit of weight.  So DJI had to cut weight somewhere else and off went the legs.  I think the body (shell) is thinner than on Mini 2 also.

Have you noticed that in the wind with the gimbal at -90 those little numb fit can pop up in the footage or image?
2022-7-27
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Not yet. Can you show an example.
2022-7-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-27 23:01
Have you noticed that in the wind with the gimbal at -90 those little numb fit can pop up in the footage or image?

Haven't seen that yet, but then again I haven't flown much on windy days.

Been spending time helping a friend's son who is struggling in his college business law class so it has somewhat minimized my flying these past few days.  Shame he didn't need help during that week or two where we had rain everyday and I couldn't get out to fly.  
2022-7-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-28 04:37
Haven't seen that yet, but then again I haven't flown much on windy days.

Been spending time helping a friend's son who is struggling in his college business law class so it has somewhat minimized my flying these past few days.  Shame he didn't need help during that week or two where we had rain everyday and I couldn't get out to fly.

Its always the way though isn't it.   I always have chores on the best flying days.  
2022-7-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-28 23:12
Its always the way though isn't it.   I always have chores on the best flying days.

A bit of karma involved it seems.  
2022-7-29
Use props
Babillas
New

Germany

Hi all!!!

Since the update i have 2 problems:

1) The zoom on the right backwheel is not working in video mode. In Photo mode it´s working fine

2) Can´t activate the follow me or spotlight. Before the update i marked something with the finger on the screen and the "active Track" appeared. Now there ocmes a message saying "Active Track not possible in this video mode" but it´s the normal video mode....

Someone else with some trouble like that??

Thanks a lot Comunnity
2022-7-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Babillas Posted at 7-29 12:25
Hi all!!!

Since the update i have 2 problems:

Sounds like the frame rate might be too high.  
2022-7-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sounds good!
2022-8-12
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

MySky Posted at 7-21 07:08
Took the chance between too big rain clouds to test.
I have calibrated the RC and the Mini 3 Pro, because the compas view was 90 degrees off.
Then i discovered that it depends on which compass view you use.

> Classic View with drone in the center -> everything is ok again.

In my case that's the same, but ...

> New View with RC in the center -> still moving or jumping around.

... in this new view I have no moving, but the directions are wrong by around 180°, that means it shows South where North should be.
2022-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules