1830 22 2022-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9082933 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For those wondering if the extended battery is worth it, whether it will even work in the UK & EU, and why it's been restricted, here's a little all-rounder video.....

Cheers, Ian

2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive test of the extended battery Ian.    So far my longest flight time on the extended battery is 37 minutes, but I didn't keep it up till the battery hit 0% either.  So I'm quite happy with the extended batteries.    I've numbered my batteries and use them in a round robin rotation to equal out charging/usage.  The only catch is when I get to the one standard battery I do have about 10 minutes less flying time.  
2022-7-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13528625 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice review again Ian. I have the extended battery as well, 2 of them and trying to get another. Flight time is amazing with it but have never went down to 0%, well not yet anyway
2022-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there, Ian. Thanks for sharing this review video of yours. Have a nice day ahead and happy flying!
2022-7-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Initially I was quite excited by the plus battery but having flown my mini 3 pro several times I feel I get plenty of flight time from the standard batteries
2022-7-21
Use props
Ian in London
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-21 11:24
Nice review again Ian. I have the extended battery as well, 2 of them and trying to get another. Flight time is amazing with it but have never went down to 0%, well not yet anyway

I wouldn't make a habit of going down to zero % but it was good to see the performance matched the specs!
2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will get at least 1 plus battery, for the longer periods in the air, such as filming large areas for example or hyperlapse, or just to get a more accurate range test without fretting whether turning back at 65% was enough, needn't have worried mind, see below lol So good to know that the plus battery has some decent stamina, thanks

I am still on my 4th recharge at present on the standard, I have so far managed a respectable 21 minutes with 29% left, that was on my latest marathon test this morning whilst seeing what the updated radar was like...
2022-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im loving the plus battery and I see Aliexpress has a 20% sale on at the moment.
2022-7-22
Use props
DocSavage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48107 ft
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-21 22:28
Initially I was quite excited by the plus battery but having flown my mini 3 pro several times I feel I get plenty of flight time from the standard batteries

Me too, will probably get 2 more normal batteries that will make 5 all in, more enough for my needs.
2022-7-22
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 91564013 ft
Poland

Zero percent on the indicator is around 3.5V per cell for this type of battery. This is still a large reserve for NMC batteries. For the next two minutes, the voltage dropped to 3V per cell on which the drone was forced to land. In the 4.25 V-3.5 V range, we get about 2200 mAh of capacity. With a voltage drop to 3V, we can count on a capacity similar to the declared 2453mAh. I do not have a 3850mAh battery yet. The critical voltage for new NMC batteries is around 2.8 V per cell, but this is unlikely to happen.
2022-7-22
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Useful - i need to get an extended battery for hyperlapse.
Quite happy to not operate in A1 for hyperlapse shots with it.
2022-7-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 7-22 07:52
Useful - i need to get an extended battery for hyperlapse.
Quite happy to not operate in A1 for hyperlapse shots with it.

Have a think about the MTOM rules
2022-7-22
Use props
Volsi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116089 ft
Japan

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-21 10:15
Impressive test of the extended battery Ian.    So far my longest flight time on the extended battery is 37 minutes, but I didn't keep it up till the battery hit 0% either.  So I'm quite happy with the extended batteries.    I've numbered my batteries and use them in a round robin rotation to equal out charging/usage.  The only catch is when I get to the one standard battery I do have about 10 minutes less flying time.

Same to you.

I enjoy to have 10 minutes more for create nice hyperlapse
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-22 20:32

What does the rest of their reply say?
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 7-21 23:35
I wouldn't make a habit of going down to zero % but it was good to see the performance matched the specs!

Hi Ian, it may have done a bit better being a bit higher, away from any objects to set off the sensors and/or turn them off for a wee bit more.
2022-7-22
Use props
Ian in London
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-22 22:53
Hi Ian, it may have done a bit better being a bit higher, away from any objects to set off the sensors and/or turn them off for a wee bit more.

Yep; during editing, seeing that flashing red OA, I thought I should have turned off the OA altogether for a longer possible flight, but ultimately this proved the Plus battery defo gives the extra time.....
2022-7-22
Use props
Ian in London
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi plumbs; what do you mean here?  I do mention how this battery relegates you to countryside unless you have the A2CofC.... Or are you saying we shouldn't be using anything that takes the weight over the MTOM (which is a bit converse, given the plus battery is specifically designed to be used on it)
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 7-22 23:15
Yep; during editing, seeing that flashing red OA, I thought I should have turned off the OA altogether for a longer possible flight, but ultimately this proved the Plus battery defo gives the extra time.....

Yeah, for sure, its a worthy addition to any bag
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 7-22 23:18
Hi plumbs; what do you mean here?  I do mention how this battery relegates you to countryside unless you have the A2CofC.... Or are you saying we shouldn't be using anything that takes the weight over the MTOM (which is a bit converse, given the plus battery is specifically designed to be used on it)

Dont worry too much, he was replying to gnirtS (a fellow UK member) because they said they want one for hyperlapse, so the other "member" is just trolling and trying to play the part of drone police.
2022-7-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Volsi Posted at 7-22 22:28
Same to you.

I enjoy to have 10 minutes more for create nice hyperlapse

Extended battery does come in handy for hyperlapses.
2022-7-23
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

...which don't apply under the CAA regs.
Perfectly legal to operate a Mini 3 under A3 or A2CoC with the plus battery.
2022-7-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-22 23:29
Dont worry too much, he was replying to gnirtS (a fellow UK member) because they said they want one for hyperlapse, so the other "member" is just trolling and trying to play the part of drone police.

He also doesn't understand the regulations in the first place.

So we're talking very low IQ drone police.
2022-7-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2770725 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is tempting.
2022-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now