Suddenly, no one has any range issues anymore?
12Next >
3989 50 2022-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Fjm5pOHeyXKJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181266 ft
Sweden

Complete silence after last update. Is it only me that get RTH in about 700m in countryside?
2022-7-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Indeed the silence is deafening. It would be nice if folks would drop by to say oh it's been fixed or partially fixed etc. ....but alas.
I can't lol as I don't have one.
2022-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is it 700m in all directions, what are conditions countryside also has interference. I know from flying regularly in Sweden “trees are a great source of interference . Height and Line of sight can also make a big difference.

The silence is obviously a result of big improvements and it should be across the board.
2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_Fjm5pOHeyXKJ
lvl.3
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 7-21 10:55
Is it 700m in all directions, what are conditions countryside also has interference. I know from flying regularly in Sweden “trees are a great source of interference . Height and Line of sight can also make a big difference.

The silence is obviously a result of big improvements and it should be across the board.

Im also in Sweden and i only compare with my mini 2 and that can reach double distance. Im living in a small village with mostly farmland and I get betwen 300 to 700 meters in any direction.
2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_Fjm5pOHeyXKJ
lvl.3
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 7-21 10:55

Im also in Sweden and i only compare with my mini 2 and that can reach double distance. Im living in a small village with mostly farmland and I get betwen 300 to 700 meters in any direction.
2022-7-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There was also a lot of Hype from people who did not have the drone basically droning on. Now they have the drone they are realising it is not a big issue
2022-7-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I guess there are still issues around but sometimes people get tired of complaining.
2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_Fjm5pOHeyXKJ
lvl.3
Sweden

Is there someone how has got it replaced and seen any improvement?
2022-7-21
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Silence from desperate.Nothing is improved after all updates. No one extra meter is gained.RC drops connection with drone comppetely about 700 m in Latvia and Portugal
2022-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Fjm5pOHeyXKJ Posted at 7-21 11:03
Im also in Sweden and i only compare with my mini 2 and that can reach double distance. Im living in a small village with mostly farmland and I get betwen 300 to 700 meters in any direction.

Unless you have a broken drone you shouldn’t be experiencing such short range flying in good conditions. Waiting for more updates is not likely to make any improvements.
So I would say your options are 1/ to refresh FW and if you still have problems return for another drone while its still under warranty.
2022-7-21
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

500 metres no signal drop flatish farmer's fields.  Full bars.  Only time I had a problem was interference standing next to my mini 2 buddy comparing screens
2022-7-21
Use props
Volsi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116089 ft
Japan

I didn't try yet with the new firmware (appear today) but I think didn't change (900m on the beach and 500m in village) .

Not all drone are the same hardware I guess, looks drone in UK are good but not in France or Japan (for the range) .
I'll try this sunday
2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_VjWyE2nrKJGV
lvl.2
United States

I sent my MP3 in for warranty repair a couple of weeks back as I was only able to get out to roughly 500 to 800m in a suburban setting. They initially called me back and said everything was fine. I let them know that I strongly disagreed and that I wanted the case escalated. Things went silent for a bit and then all of a sudden my case status was in “repair accepted“. Then some days later I received a new drone. No explanation of what they discovered, whether it’s fixed or not, not much of anything. I submitted a Support request for more information but nothing so far. So I’ve test flown the new drone a few times and now I’m able to reach roughly 1000 m at 100m altitude fairly consistently. But I did another test at 250m altitude and was able to reach over 2000 m roughly. So seems a bit better but definitely not the 3 to 5K meters expected in a suburban setting . So I’ve queried them for more information… We will see what happens. Eager to hear how other folks are doing. In SFBay Area
2022-7-21
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-21 11:41
Unless you have a broken drone you shouldn’t be experiencing such short range flying in good conditions. Waiting for more updates is not likely to make any improvements.
So I would say your options are 1/ to refresh FW and if you still have problems return for another drone while its still under warranty.

I returned mine last week after only having since July 5th. I waited over 6 months for the proper firmware update for my Mavic 3 and wasn't going to wait this time around. Hopefully they'll replace my Mini 3 Pro that gets much better range than 300 meters before a loss of signal.
2022-7-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_VjWyE2nrKJGV Posted at 7-21 16:26
I sent my MP3 in for warranty repair a couple of weeks back as I was only able to get out to roughly 500 to 800m in a suburban setting. They initially called me back and said everything was fine. I let them know that I strongly disagreed and that I wanted the case escalated. Things went silent for a bit and then all of a sudden my case status was in “repair excepted“. Then some days later I received a new drone. No explanation of what they discovered, whether it’s fixed or not, not much of anything. I submitted a Support request for more information but nothing so far. So I’ve test flown the new drone a few times and now I’m able to reach roughly 1000 m at 100m altitude fairly consistently. But I did another test at 250m altitude and was able to reach over 2000 m roughly. So seems a bit better but definitely not the 3 to 5K meters expected in a suburban setting . So I’ve quarried them for more information… We will see what happens. Eager to hear how other folks are doing. In SFBay Area

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We have checked your case through your registered email address. Your post will be forwarded to our designated teams. About your feedback on the test, we recommend you test in more different open places without obstructions and signal interference.
2022-7-21
Use props
Volsi
lvl.4
Japan

djiuser_VjWyE2nrKJGV Posted at 7-21 16:26
I sent my MP3 in for warranty repair a couple of weeks back as I was only able to get out to roughly 500 to 800m in a suburban setting. They initially called me back and said everything was fine. I let them know that I strongly disagreed and that I wanted the case escalated. Things went silent for a bit and then all of a sudden my case status was in “repair excepted“. Then some days later I received a new drone. No explanation of what they discovered, whether it’s fixed or not, not much of anything. I submitted a Support request for more information but nothing so far. So I’ve test flown the new drone a few times and now I’m able to reach roughly 1000 m at 100m altitude fairly consistently. But I did another test at 250m altitude and was able to reach over 2000 m roughly. So seems a bit better but definitely not the 3 to 5K meters expected in a suburban setting . So I’ve quarried them for more information… We will see what happens. Eager to hear how other folks are doing. In SFBay Area

Thanks for your feedback
2022-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know have you performed flights in different environments? Besides, please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see if it works. If it still persists, please try to export the logs of the drone and controller for our further checks. Thank you.
2022-7-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Come on. If we members have learned nothing else, we have to realize we are beta testers.
2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF
lvl.2

Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 7-21 21:39
Come on. If we members have learned nothing else, we have to realize we are beta testers.

My brother has the Mini3 and I am using the Nano+ here.
Can only tell that the Mini 3 starts to get strong interferences in the same location after about 500m where the Nano+ has 5 bars not the slightest sign of any drops or hickups.
So there is definately a big difference between those (but the Nano+ is indeed also better than my previous Air 2 in that regard).
2022-7-22
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Urban, I have only seen marginal improvements, and still struggle at 300-400m with absolute VLOS and good antenna orientation.

Assuming I have LOS, I never have issues rural.  Fly behind any object further than a couple of hundred metres away, I will get a disconnection with the Mini 3.

I suspect the silence is owners know there won't be a real fix, so are working around the issue, which is what I do.  My workarounds are, if rural, use a better drone like the Mavic 3, or if rural, try to relocate, and if thats not possible, get out the trusty Mini 2 instead as that doesn't suffer the same issues.
2022-7-22
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Yesterday night I updated to last version ….300
Just testing now, two flights with two batteries, and flying almost smooth. Flying with some fare due to previous experiences.
I have went 500 mts distance and 25 mts high just following the coast line here. No problem, all power conection bars in the RC.
For second battery, I choose fly to the other side…..here the coast line tourns right with a bunch  of trees and buildings ahead from my position and heading to the drone route.
Got bars loss until 2 …. But I did realize that I was flying low with the drone (20 mts high and the drone was around 275 mts distance) so obstacle block signal when I lose bars and most important, I realize that the RC inclination matters (I guess antena gain propagation maps) …. I was with the RC tilted to me, Lets say 75 degrees with my body ….
2 bars loss. I did flattened the RC (so 90 degrees with my body)….. tachan….all bars again. I repeat  several times this positions  and the result was the same:
if tilt to me the display (RC), loss 2 bars ….if I down the RC to 90 degrees …. Boom …all bars.
I guess the antena gain is higher with the RC perpendicular to your body.
2022-7-22
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

That makes perfect geometrical  sense. As the aircraft moves away from you it is actually becoming lower and lower on the horizon based on your position.
2022-7-22
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

Volsi Posted at 7-21 15:26
I didn't try yet with the new firmware (appear today) but I think didn't change (900m on the beach and 500m in village) .

Not all drone are the same hardware I guess, looks drone in UK are good but not in France or Japan (for the range) .

I'm in  the US and if my math is correct 900 meters is about 3000 feet. Are you saying that that is the max distance you could get at the beach where I assume there are no obstacles?
2022-7-22
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

they've updated this
2022-7-22
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

Who has updated what?
2022-7-22
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45643 ft
United States

I took delivery on my new M3P yesterday.  Did all of the requisite firmware updates, and then launched the first flight.  Distance wise, I went more than a mile (1620m +).  I finally lost connection with RC and the Drone returned to home in a few minutes.  No complaints here.  I was flying in a rather convuluted area and wasn't always getting best RC Antenna to Drone contact.  I'm going to the beach tomorrow and will fly in an unobstructed area and see if I get more distance.  Meanwhile, keep on droning.
2022-7-22
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Range is still the same for me, depending on the direction I can loose signal at 400 meters. I'm happy the compass is fixed but it reinforces the fact the signal is not based on bad alignment as RTH will kick in with the indicator is green.
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyBoo Posted at 7-22 10:29
Range is still the same for me, depending on the direction I can loose signal at 400 meters. I'm happy the compass is fixed but it reinforces the fact the signal is not based on bad alignment as RTH will kick in with the indicator is green.

Its not just about it being green, the arrow still needs to be spot on in pointing at the drone, the green is just to show you're somewhere there and that it's only for horizontal, it does not account for vertical alignment.

For horizontal, 1st off, try and see if the alignment is spot on or if it's still off by around  5 or so degrees like some of us are. Do this by sending it out a short distance, say 50m so you can still see it 100%, point the rc at the drone, imagine there's a red dot laser from the RC to the drone, now look at the screen, is the arrow lightly off or is it bang on, if it is off still, like a few of us are, then this will not help when you're further out... so you need to compensate for that amount.

For vertical alignment, look at it this way, at 1500m distance and at 100m in height, the angle from RC to the drone is only 4 degrees up from the horizon. The closer you are to the drone, the bigger than angle becomes, I chose those figures because it's a good example, but even at only 700m and 100m in height, that angle doesn't grow massively, some yes but certainly not 45 degrees.

I am in CE, over flat farmland and did a fraction under 5500 at only 30 high, I started back at 65% battery, arrived back with 30% battery, 5500 wasn't maxed either, i could have raised it for one but i turned as the battery hit 65%, forgetting that the MIni 3 has a bit better stamina than the Mini 2, hence arriving back at 30% where the Mini 2 was only 10% and the battery is not at its peak yet, only about 6 charges so far. I will mention that up to about 3000 was at only 16 high.

Like i have said since the Mini 3 Pro 1st came out, alignment with it has to be 100% spot on.  Now after all of the above testing and yours is still out and its all up to date then i think you need to open a ticket with support.

Hope some or all of this helps.
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-21 11:12
There was also a lot of Hype from people who did not have the drone basically droning on. Now they have the drone they are realising it is not a big issue

4 5 downvotes now, thats a regular occurrence, doesn't it tell you anything?

I know this is directed at me, as usual, so i will respond.

1st off, this proves that your other reply to me on my thread WAS just a trolling reply, you obviously know full well that i have more than just the FMK now.

Secondly, i never once started a thread complaining about the range, i had joined the conversation about it a good few times, mostly cause you kept starting new ones yourself lol but i mentioned that others have range issues and I also mentioned many a time that it was most likely an alignment problem, you disagreed with me on that point, but now hey, i have finally proven i was right at least with my setup, other's milage may vary.

So quit ya quipping and sniping at me, you may think you are making me look bad but the fact is, all you do is make yourself look foolish, time and time again.
2022-7-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some people don’t seem to obey the rules and indeed the law and think that not putting the unit of measurement in their posts somehow protects them. They have a lot to learn

Well the lowest unit available is feet and at 5500 feet you are way beyond VLOS

I hope some of this information is useful to them
2022-7-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SemperFiGuy Posted at 7-22 09:30
I took delivery on my new M3P yesterday.  Did all of the requisite firmware updates, and then launched the first flight.  Distance wise, I went more than a mile (1620m +).  I finally lost connection with RC and the Drone returned to home in a few minutes.  No complaints here.  I was flying in a rather convuluted area and wasn't always getting best RC Antenna to Drone contact.  I'm going to the beach tomorrow and will fly in an unobstructed area and see if I get more distance.  Meanwhile, keep on droning.

I am pleased you are happy with your drone it certainly is a lovely piece of kit.
2022-7-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5fad8194 Posted at 7-22 06:13
I'm in  the US and if my math is correct 900 meters is about 3000 feet. Are you saying that that is the max distance you could get at the beach where I assume there are no obstacles?

Yes you maths is correct. 900 m is way beyond VLOS of course
2022-7-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Fjm5pOHeyXKJ Posted at 7-21 11:22
Is there someone how has got it replaced and seen any improvement?

From reading most posts I think not………..Suggesting it is the environment they fly in or the pilot
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-22 20:12
Some people don’t seem to obey the rules and indeed the law and think that not putting the unit of measurement in their posts somehow protects them. They have a lot to learn

I was waiting for you to don your Drone Police hat just so i could say....
...Ah, pot calling the kettle black, remember your range test not too long ago, the one at around 1200m
2022-7-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are those of course who think that just because others don’t abide by the rules it is ok for them to do the same……… I see this a lot also with irresponsible dog owners for example
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-22 20:15
Yes you maths is correct. 900 m is way beyond VLOS of course

Time and time again for you....

You evidently misread what the member said, there was no implied VLOS, they were just asking a question about the location is all and the member that said about 900m is in Japan, you do not know anything about their circumstances or any waivers they may hold and not to mention that you obviously forgot about the 1200m you achieved with your MIni 3 Pro, so stop your criticism of others and concentrate on what rule-breaking you partake in.
2022-7-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

See the thing is only I know what I read and didn’t read………….  Interesting your use of the term member
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-22 20:38
There are those of course who think that just because others don’t abide by the rules it is ok for them to do the same……… I see this a lot also with irresponsible dog owners for example

What a complete village, your insinuations are laughable just because i have dogs, you were rumbled so you try to send the spotlight away from yourself, but in doing so you make yourself look shamefully foolish this time...
2022-7-22
Use props
Volsi
lvl.4
Japan

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-22 20:12

Please Bigplumbs stop to troll here.

Let the people who have the knowledge about the subject talk. We don't need your comments
2022-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-22 20:45
See the thing is only I know what I read and didn’t read………….  Interesting your use of the term member

If that was the case, you wouldn't have replied with what you did.

Why is it that term interesting, they are members, i do not want to use pronouns as I'm do not want to assume anything, and i couldn't remember the spelling of their names and seen as they are just that "members" and FYI, i have been polite about you by holding back and not calling you a "member".
2022-7-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules