1009 4 2022-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2015627 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received my first drone ever, the Mini 3 Pro on July 21, 2022, and just absolutely fell in love with it.

The stunning 4K/60P video, flawless stabilization, and seeing the world from the perspective of being high in the air was breathtaking.

Then, one sunny day in my fourth week of ownership, I was on one of my longer journeys, and longer distances, about one mile, when suddenly, the RC Controller flashed “Aircraft Overheat, Forced Landing”.

Gasp.

From about a mile away, helpless to stop it, the Mini 3 Pro landed on a busy street, and of course, before I could get there to recover it, it was destroyed after being run over by a vehicle. And, if you’re wondering, the ambient outdoor temperature was below 40 C/ 104F.

Fortunately, I had Refresh Care, and in a stunning display of professional dedication to customer satisfaction, I had my replacement Mini 3 pro within 6 days.

Still wary about a duplicate situation arising, I contacted DJI customer care, and was assured that the aircraft in an overheat situation, like a “high wind warning”, is supposed to alert you and allow you to control the aircraft to a safe landing, so I was under the impression I may have initially received a defective product.

However, that’s not the case. Flying the replacement Mini 3 Pro today, again with an ambient temperature under 40C/104F, the same thing happened to the replacement, although I was more fortunate in this instance, because the aircraft was close to my home point, and I was able to safely recover it without any damage.

So, I’m disappointed, and believe this issue, if not corrected, is a deal breaker, and makes the aircraft unsuitable for flight without a warning that if it is overheating, you have the opportunity to control it to a safe and accessible landing point.

And, as of now, that is not possible.

Has this occurred with any of you other Mini 3 Pro owners?

Thanks.
2022-7-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know this error message appears mostly in the air and how about the frequency of this issue?If it is convenient to you, may we have a screenshot or video for that? Thanks.
2022-7-21
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2015627 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-21 17:33
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know this error message appears mostly in the air and how about the frequency of this issue?If it is convenient to you, may we have a screenshot or video for that? Thanks.

I have no screen shot, however, this aircraft overheat forced landing message occurred with my replacement Mini 3 Pro, after my first Mini 3 Pro was destroyed because it also displayed aircraft overheat forced landing, and landed on a busy road and was run over by a vehicle.

Please.

Your engineers need to incorporate a firmware fix that like “high wind warning”, allows you time to control the aircraft to a safe and accessible landing area, instead of what is happening now, a forced landing that you can’t control.

This is something I believe you can easily do, and should do so before more people lose their Mini 3 Pro aircraft.

Thanks.
2022-7-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 7-21 17:38
I have no screen shot, however, this aircraft overheat forced landing message occurred with my replacement Mini 3 Pro, after my first Mini 3 Pro was destroyed because it also displayed aircraft overheat forced landing, and landed on a busy road and was run over by a vehicle.

Please.

This is an interesting new "feature".
It's not shown up before in any other DJI drones.
It sounds like very poor programming and could be a real trap.

Your engineers need to incorporate a firmware fix that like “high wind warning”, allows you time to control the aircraft to a safe and accessible landing area, instead of what is happening now, a forced landing that you can’t control.

The High Wind warning is a simple notification and doesn't force autolanding.
You can continue flying normally (or blowing away) until the battery runs out.

Your flight data should show the overheating warning message (and also battery temperatures).
If you can post your flight data, that might help understand more about this new "feature".

To get your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.

2022-7-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans49c1baf6 Posted at 7-21 17:38
I have no screen shot, however, this aircraft overheat forced landing message occurred with my replacement Mini 3 Pro, after my first Mini 3 Pro was destroyed because it also displayed aircraft overheat forced landing, and landed on a busy road and was run over by a vehicle.

Please.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. To further analyze your issue, could you please export aircraft logs for us? Also, please tell us the time when this issue happened.
Here are the instructions for you to export the aircraft logs:
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link:
DJI Mini 3 Pro: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-3-pro
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.
You may upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox. We will send the data to our engineers. Thanks in advance.
2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules