UK Film Review Just Reviewed My Short Movie!
561 9 2022-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

On November 2021, I published my "Istanbul" cinematic short movie. Here is the thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=252872

I just learned today that UK Film Review just reviewed my short movie! They gave it 4 stars out of 5. Click here for the review.

The review goes like this:

Istanbul Short Film Review
★★★★
Directed by: #MuhlisGürsoy
Short Film Review by: Alexandra James
Istanbul is a moving short film which shows the hidden beauties of the city and allows you to discover the intricate details of the historic buildings, the turquoise oceans, and mesmerising sunsets all from the comfort of your own sofa! If this short doesn’t make you want to catch the next flight to Turkey, I’m not sure what will. Istanbul was shot over two trips and captivates the stunning scenery of the city, with not a single bit of narration, which is not at all necessary as the city does the talking for you, the only thing you need to do is sit back, relax, and immerse yourself within the heart of Istanbul.

This short film begins at Istanbul Airport and shows the hustle and bustle of the people coming from all over the world to see such a beautiful country and city. Time lapses were used frequently within this short. The contrast between the two worked extremely well, with the slow movements of the camera and the fast, vibrancy of the city itself synced perfectly together. The editing for this short film was amazing and looked very professional, not only that but the locations which were selected were a great way to entice the viewer. Beautiful harbours, detailed historic buildings, even taking the audience on a boat tour scaling the coastline of the city allowing us to absorb the vastness and view from an entirely different perspective.

The background music was slightly melancholic in a way, but also dramatic and was great when coupled with the fantastic scenes of Istanbul. An upbeat soundtrack would have been beneficial just to elevate the piece slightly and to reflect the exciting atmosphere of the city. However, the music did work well and created just as good an impact. Istanbul included some fantastic editing; the smooth transitions and use of both slow motion and fast paced editing showed a range of techniques and skills which for a small budget film was very impressive.

This short film reveals the beauty hidden within the city, the viewer is taken on a tour which only invites us in further and want to experience these fantastic scenes for ourselves in the flesh. Istanbul is a wonderful short film that acts as a visual guide and highlights the importance of exploration and to take yourself out of that comfort zone.  

And here was the short movie:

It was recorded with Osmo Pocket.

I just wanted to share my happiness. I thank all of you for the support.

See ya in the next short movie!
- Muhlis -

2022-7-22
Use props
VideoLife_FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5295545 ft
Croatia

Excellent footage!
2022-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MuhlisG. Congratulations and thank you for posting this impressive video that you have filmed and created. Great work and two thumbs up.
2022-7-22
Use props
Dominik__W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1112218 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Beautifully captured
2022-7-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superb.  
2022-7-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats Muhlis!    I do remember watching this awesome video.  Excellent job.
2022-7-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congratulations. Maybe a new carreer awaits you
2022-7-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Superb video!
2022-8-14
Use props
JoanneWeber
lvl.1

Vietnam

It's a great video, I can see the enthusiasm you put into it. You can refer to a few other topics about moviesflix bollywood movies, maybe you will find many ideas for the next videos.
1-24 07:46
Use props
JoanneWeber
lvl.1

Vietnam

moviesflix bollywood
1-24 07:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules