DJI Please make Panorama mode next level!
1225 23 2022-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Hi DJI

Having been away on a road trip for 6 days with the Mini 3 Pro I felt it was a little awkward capturing certain manual panos that I wanted. The Classic mistake for example is trying to do a 3 shot vertical pano and realising the middle shots have a lot less width than the top and bottom shots and I should probably have taken extra shots through the middle (just an example) also it takes time to capture a full 360 x 180 pano using the vertical mode to capture the top half then running the standard 360 x 180 Sphere mode and combining the two sets in something like PTGUI which by the way does a great job of combining the two seamlessly.

So I have a solution to both these problems in one Firmware Update.....   A Panorama Custom Mode with ability to store settings in a library you can quickly call up in future. Litchi does something similar with it’s Pano mode on Apple devices.

The concept is simple you have a custom screen with 5 settings. You can set these and save them in a library. The settings would be...

·        Horizontal or Vertical Lens Mode  (naturally) if you try and set a vertical range (below) that is higher than the Horizontal lens mode can capture the software would tell you.

·        Stitch Panorama or Don't Stitch Panorama - Many of us would opt for the later and stitch in something manually like PTGUI

·        Horizontal Angle (so for example a 360 x 180 full pano would be 360 degrees, but a smaller width pano would be less.)  you only need one setting here but vertical range is different.

·        Upward Vertical Angle (again for a 360 x 180 pano this would be set to +90 degrees. But for say a pano only capturing from the Horizon down to -90 this would be 0 degrees etc)

·        Downward Vertical Angle (again for a 360 x 180 pano this would be set to -90 degrees. For a pano capturing down to say -45 degrees you would just enter -45 etc)

With those 5 settings you would be able to easily capture any degree of Panorama really quickly using saved settings from the library which is the key to minimize movement of clouds etc between exposures.

The mode needs to retain whatever exposure settings you have set whether manual or auto so is just the function of manually moving the lens and taking the exposures.

I'm sure there is some pretty basic programming required to work out the required number of shots etc.

The ability to do this is already built into the Mini 3 Pro it just requires some additional programming and Firmware update.

DJI this would really support the Pro title and implied functionality of the Mini 3 Pro and I'm sure the still photographers here would support such a useful function allowing a roving drone photographer to quickly capture a very useful range of images plus solves your 360 x 180 True Sphere Pano Mode issue but hey if you create this it would be easy to update the current built in 360 x 180 pano mode to work properly using the vertical lens.

DJI looking forward to your support!

Many thanks

Bussty

2022-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bussty. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter. This information will be noted and will be forwarded to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-7-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Thanks DJI Stephen hopefully DJI will be able to make this happen :-)
2022-7-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Uau a true believer You are - they can't fix 360 pano to cover sky and You want them to make something so complicated - wish You luck! I'll settle for proper 360 for now
2022-7-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

alex_markov Posted at 7-22 22:52
Uau a true believer You are - they can't fix 360 pano to cover sky and You want them to make something so complicated - wish You luck! I'll settle for proper 360 for now

Hope springs...  :-)
2022-7-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Valid request Bussty.    Let's see if DJI decides to implement it.  
2022-7-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Thanks Downtown I always complete the surveys when doing firmware updates and state this as my most important fix as DJI asks.
2022-7-23
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I am using 360 Panos a lot, hence would appreciate the suggested feature as well.
2022-7-24
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

WernerD Posted at 7-24 00:48
I am using 360 Panos a lot, hence would appreciate the suggested feature as well.

Thanks Werner

The more users DJI know would really value this feature the more DJI are likely to implement.  
2022-7-24
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

Bussty Posted at 7-24 00:57
Thanks Werner

The more users DJI know would really value this feature the more DJI are likely to implement.

Have almost given up hope. But also from me an urgent "thumbs up"!
2022-7-25
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Thanks SPFlyer the more the merrier! I urge all pano users to keep this post live.
2022-7-25
Use props
Jann Lipka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 334058 ft
Sweden

Please improve panorama with proper zenith hole ( upper row )  !
2022-8-12
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Jann Lipka Posted at 8-12 05:13
Please improve panorama with proper zenith hole ( upper row )  !

Thanks Jann hopefully DJI are listening to this feedback for something that should have been part of the drone's functions from launch. Looking very much forward to that future Firmware update that allows this   
2022-8-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be great!
2022-8-14
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 8-14 23:59
That would be great!

Thank you Montfrooij! Lets hope DJI engineers are listening
2022-8-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bussty Posted at 8-15 00:18
Thank you Montfrooij! Lets hope DJI engineers are listening

I hope so
2022-8-15
Use props
weedhopper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85686 ft
France

Don't dream, if they had wanted, they would have done it a long time ago...
2022-8-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

weedhopper Posted at 8-15 00:51
Don't dream, if they had wanted, they would have done it a long time ago...

We can dream.
They have added stuff afterwards long time after releases before.
2022-8-15
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 8-15 01:07
We can dream.
They have added stuff afterwards long time after releases before.

This is true...
2022-8-15
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

I'm still holding out hope that DJI will at least implement a 4th row in the panorama algorithm, even if a hole inevitably remains at the top of the sky due to hardware limitations. But I'm afraid, what I've stated here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 948&pid=2815483 still applies.

Come on, DJI, jump over your own shadow – even if the result is not perfect! At least it would minimize the time lag that inevitably occurs between the Sphere Pano and the manual fourth row which causes stitching problems especially in cloudy skies.
2022-8-15
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

SPLflyer Posted at 8-15 03:22
I'm still holding out hope that DJI will at least implement a 4th row in the panorama algorithm, even if a hole inevitably remains at the top of the sky due to hardware limitations. But I'm afraid, what I've stated here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=270948&pid=2815483 still applies.

Come on, DJI, jump over your own shadow – even if the result is not perfect! At least it would minimize the time lag that inevitably occurs between the Sphere Pano and the manual fourth row which causes stitching problems especially in cloudy skies.

Well said Bernd. Lots of Mini 3 pro owners looking for this, DJI this will make the Mini 3 Pro a unique Sphere Panorama drone...
2022-8-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I only tell the truth
2022-8-15
Use props
Bussty
First Officer