Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DNG Vignetting / missing Sphere images FW .450
2345 30 2022-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

UPDATE for FW .450 (12/2022)
Issue is still unresolved.
Please let's get this fixed. This is Mini3 PRO, shouldn't look like this:
DNG no correction Screenshot 2022-12-29 120540.jpg

UPDATE FOR FW .400 (27/10/22)

issue is still unresolved. Vignetting is still present in DNG files.
No lens profile embedded in DNG, see below

vignetting still present FW400 Screenshot 2022-10-27 155820.jpg

Images in top row still missing to create a complete sphere:

test stitch 400FW Screenshot 2022-10-27 154446.jpg

UPDATE FOR FW .300

issue is still unresolved. Vignetting is still present in DNG files.
No lens profile embedded in DNG

see image below, tested with Affinity Photo, ON1 and CaptureOnePro.
DJI lens profil not present Screenshot 2022-09-02 134635.png

But on doing another couple of Spheres I can see the problem still persists unfortunately when selecting 12MP DNG:

(I have a *slight* feeling this was fixed with .200 and then there was an oversight prompting .201 which undone the goodness for the DNG fix from .200)

The current state of vignetting renders the DNGs unusable. JPGs are fine, but that never was a problem as correction is applied.
Vignetting with sky Screenshot 2022-07-23 135309.jpg
2022-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AVsupport. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-7-23
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks @DJI Stephen I will see if I can roll back to .200 and check
2022-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That doesn’t look like vignetting, can you post the single shots.
2022-7-23
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 7-23 05:27
That doesn’t look like vignetting, can you post the single shots.

With all due respect, what else does this look like? Have you tested this to either confirm or deny? There is multiple users in other threads confirming this.
I shall upload images as requested and post here
2022-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AVsupport Posted at 7-23 13:43
With all due respect, what else does this look like? Have you tested this to either confirm or deny? There is multiple users in other threads confirming this.
I shall upload images as requested and post here

Honestly it just looks like bad joins and stitching. If there is vignetting the it should show up in the single recorded shots of the panorama.
2022-7-23
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

This might illustrate the Vignetting better.
BTW, I use PTGui Pro as the panorama stitcher, this is professional 360 stitching software, probaby the best on the market. So If I can't get it done there, there's something wrong with the source images.Uploading the images now to my Google folder here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W-cFKJQ1i8N3nSYzoJHHbj9_t1FwjOhX?usp=sharing
Please review for yourself and post your findings.
PS, just wanted to downgrade to FW.200, but this is no longer available with DJI Assistant. next one down is .150 so unfortunately I cannot test my theory.

2022-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AVsupport Posted at 7-23 14:47
[view_image]
This might illustrate the Vignetting better.
BTW, I use PTGui Pro as the panorama stitcher, this is professional 360 stitching software, probaby the best on the market. So If I can't get it done there, there's something wrong with the source images.Uploading the images now to my Google folder here:

Dji dng files have baked in lens profile, so for instance if you were to load up all these images to LR or PS then the software optics vignetting and distortion would automatically take care of this problem. But Im not sure if pt gui can automatically correct this “obviously not” in something like Luminar you first have to correct in optics.

So I think you first need to put through some other software to correct the optics before stitching. I can only tell you it is automatic in PS and LR.
2022-7-23
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 7-23 15:38
Dji dng files have baked in lens profile, so for instance if you were to load up all these images to LR or PS then the software optics vignetting and distortion would automatically take care of this problem. But Im not sure if pt gui can automatically correct this “obviously not” in something like Luminar you first have to correct in optics.

So I think you first need to put through some other software to correct the optics before stitching. I can only tell you it is automatic in PS and LR.

'Baked in lens profile' Yes, but only if someone puts in the data necessary for vignette correction, and this is not there.
Hence they fixed it but it got lost again through the latest update.
Have you checked those images yet? @hallmark007
I have also a number of professional imaging softwares available (CaptureOne Pro, Affinity, ON1 Suite, RawTherapee..) , yes, but this is not the problem. Those DNGs should look better than what they do.
PS, beware, DNGs can contain thumbnails that may be corrected just as the jpgs are. So looking at this in Explorer etc may not represent the actual 12MP DNG image.PPS, PTGui Does have Vignette correction and lens profiles, but the situation is that bad it can't be dealt with.

2022-7-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DNG's 'should' have all the vignetting the sensor is capturing (so you get the unaffected raw image).
The only thing I hope they do, is change the lens profile, but I noticed not a lot of software manufacturers do use those.
2022-8-15
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 8-15 00:01
DNG's 'should' have all the vignetting the sensor is capturing (so you get the unaffected raw image).
The only thing I hope they do, is change the lens profile, but I noticed not a lot of software manufacturers do use those.

so in that case you really want a RAW image that is not debayered, full of chromatic abberation and distortion? No I don't. I think the better way is to provide in-camera correction for most known shortcomings whilst maintaining a maximum amount image data and applied correction information for post.
2022-8-15
Use props
iHarri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1122 ft
Finland

AVsupport Posted at 8-15 04:08
so in that case you really want a RAW image that is not debayered, full of chromatic abberation and distortion? No I don't. I think the better way is to provide in-camera correction for most known shortcomings whilst maintaining a maximum amount image data and applied correction information for post.

It's normal with all lenses, even with expensive ones.  RAW converter must have profile for lens.  I am using normally  DxO Photolab but there is yet no profile for Mini 3.  Pictures look pretty amazing after editing, considering how small the lens and sensor are.

Affinity Photo for vignetting + tweaking, NIK Collection Efex 4 PRO for adjusting contrast + polarisation filter for the sky.  Sharpening with Topaz sharpen AI.
When exporting to JPG resolution to 6000*4000 + bicubic interpolation.

2022-8-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AVsupport Posted at 8-15 04:08

Well. RAW = RAW right?
It's not about what I want, its just RAW.
I would love to have the best of both worlds, but that's what they have lens profiles for

If you don't want RAW, but a 'pre corrected image', you are probably looking for a 'color profile' like (in video world) Dlog or something, so you don't get the lens errors, but you do get the dynamic range.
2022-8-15
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

what I am saying is that I want a corrected DNG that is not as painful as a totally uncorrected RAW. There is RAW and then there is different versions with different capabilities of DNG. In the current version, 'something' got forgotten, and that is Vignetting Correction. (this is for stills not video, hence no LOG or other profile..)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Negative
2022-8-15
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

AVsupport Posted at 7-23 15:49
'Baked in lens profile' Yes, but only if someone puts in the data necessary for vignette correction, and this is not there.
Hence they fixed it but it got lost again through the latest update.
Have you checked those images yet? @hallmark007

As Hallmark has already noted, so far only Adobe Camera Raw can interpret the profile. I don't know PTGui, but I've been working for years with the almost equal, but considerably cheaper PanoramaStudio 3 Pro. For a spherical panorama you need the Pro version, which can be purchased for ~US$ 80. Before that, however, the software can be tested for 30 days. With the vignetting correction set, PS3P calculates out the brightness differences completely, as can be seen in this example: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 948&pid=2815483 . The individual images were imported unchanged as original DNGs into PS3P. In any case, instead of buying Photoshop or Lightroom, it is considerably cheaper to work with this stitcher. Give it a try!

I am not paid for advertising, just think PS3P is unfortunately way too unknown and considerably underestimated compared to the top dog PTGui ;-).
2022-8-15
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

SPLflyer Posted at 8-15 14:10
As Hallmark has already noted, so far only Adobe Camera Raw can interpret the profile. I don't know PTGui, but I've been working for years with the almost equal, but considerably cheaper PanoramaStudio 3 Pro. For a spherical panorama you need the Pro version, which can be purchased for ~US$ 80. Before that, however, the software can be tested for 30 days. With the vignetting correction set, PS3P calculates out the brightness differences completely, as can be seen in this example: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=270948&pid=2815483 . The individual images were imported unchanged as original DNGs into PS3P. In any case, instead of buying Photoshop or Lightroom, it is considerably cheaper to work with this stitcher. Give it a try!

I am not paid for advertising, just think PS3P is unfortunately way too unknown and considerably underestimated compared to the top dog PTGui ;-).

Thanks for your contributions SPLflyer,
I do have a range of professional softwares at my disposal, including PTGui Pro (which can do lens profiles and vignette correction, but this one is too much out of range), RawTherapee, ON1 Photo RAW suite, Affinity Pro, CaptureOnePro..
I can usually deal with most things RAW DNG etc on a professional level since video stills and 360 is what I do, but this one is not acceptable in the current format.
This oversight has even been already admitted to (see firmware update notes) but it didn't really get fixed, perhaps it 'slipped out' of a build between .200 and .201, but then again I don't know because .200 is gone
2022-8-15
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

<bump> for .300 update.
2022-9-1
Use props
Kent360
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

<bump>
just got mini3 pro and same problem unusable for panoramas (mini 2 was far better) any editing workaround?
2022-9-3
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi @Kent , thanks for the reality check,
Yes I recommend opening a service ticket, the more people complain the better the chances this can get fixed.
For workaround, i have created myself an LCC using CaptureOnePro with a featureless evenly lit grey wall. I think since the jpegs Are corrected you could try using the comparison method to create similar correction profiles  in other softwares?
Can’t believe not one ‘official’ correction profile has been released until this is baked properly into the DNG metadata
2022-9-3
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Yes I recommend opening a service ticket, the more people complain the better the chances this can get fixed.
For workaround, i have created myself an LCC using CaptureOnePro with a featureless evenly lit grey wall. I think since the jpegs Are corrected you could try using the comparison method to create similar correction profiles  in other softwares?
Can’t believe not one ‘official’ correction profile has been released until this is baked properly into the DNG metadata
2022-9-3
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I think this may be related but for drone stitched panos DJI has a green/magenta issue at the joins (it doesn't exist on external stitches if you use jpegs or convert DNG's using Adobe Camera RAW.

This is an extract out of a DJI stitched sphere pano, its basically just cropping the middle of the pano

It's pretty subtle but to my eye I can see magenta banding.  If you your crank up saturation it's way more obvious..

It's almost like DJI doesn't use the very good jpegs it produces to make the images for a sphere stitch but dumps the data straight off the sensor missing some key conversion aspect.

Same issue can be seen here...  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 308&pid=2831312
2022-9-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AVsupport Posted at 8-15 20:39
Thanks for your contributions SPLflyer,
I do have a range of professional softwares at my disposal, including PTGui Pro (which can do lens profiles and vignette correction, but this one is too much out of range), RawTherapee, ON1 Photo RAW suite, Affinity Pro, CaptureOnePro..
I can usually deal with most things RAW DNG etc on a professional level since video stills and 360 is what I do, but this one is not acceptable in the current format.

I do have a range of professional softwares at my disposal, including PTGui Pro (which can do lens profiles and vignette correction, but this one is too much out of range), RawTherapee, ON1 Photo RAW suite, Affinity Pro, CaptureOnePro.
So many different programs, but nothing from Adobe?
Mavic 3 dng files have no visible vignetting when I open them in Photoshop.

2022-9-3
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Not using Adobe is a personal decision as I dislike their business model.
Mavic 3 is a different drone and there’s different models out there that have manufacturer’s lens correction data included in the DNG files. Mini3 does not have those included.
I have a few of those ‘other’ DJI profiles but they are unsuitable because of the different lens etc.
2022-9-3
Use props
Kent360
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

AVsupport Posted at 9-3 20:13

will do...it has really affected output massively. i might trial captureonepro (using old lightroom 6 and affinity). how difficult to create a LCC? (new term to me; not normally a photo editor)
2022-9-3
Use props
360vista
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-23 00:33
Hello there AVsupport. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

hi DJI Stephen this is a serious problem.... i just bought a mini3 pro and unless this is resolved i will return and just use my mini2
2022-9-3
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Bussty Posted at 9-3 20:20
I think this may be related but for drone stitched panos DJI has a green/magenta issue at the joins (it doesn't exist on external stitches if you use jpegs or convert DNG's using Adobe Camera RAW.

This is an extract out of a DJI stitched sphere pano, its basically just cropping the middle of the pano

Definitely related. I did notice a colour shift in the vignette also.
2022-9-4
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Kent360 Posted at 9-3 22:48
will do...it has really affected output massively. i might trial captureonepro (using old lightroom 6 and affinity). how difficult to create a LCC? (new term to me; not normally a photo editor)

I'd hang in there with your old lightroom maybe you can google Lens Correction Profile .lcp this might be the Abobe equivalent of what I do in CaptureOne pending missing support (CaptureOne isn't seam aware either). I will see if I can export mine but they won't be cross compatible
2022-9-4
Use props
360vista
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

AVsupport Posted at 9-4 00:12
I'd hang in there with your old lightroom maybe you can google Lens Correction Profile .lcp this might be the Abobe equivalent of what I do in CaptureOne pending missing support (CaptureOne isn't seam aware either). I will see if I can export mine but they won't be cross compatible

yes i'm trying a prfile i found in the forums... tks  
yes lr6 when adobe was ok....
2022-9-4
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

not sure if this is of any help to anyone:DJI_Mini3Pro_0470.copreset.DJI_0470.lcc
as said this is for CaptureOnePro so won't work for Adobe, sorry.
2022-9-4
Use props
iHarri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1122 ft
Finland

Delete this message
2022-9-23
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4