3281 24 2022-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... although I usually control the Mavic 3 with the DJI RC Pro, I did a detailed comparison test with the DJI RC yesterday:

Flight with the Mini 3 Pro, rural area, from a small hill, let the drone rise to a height of 35m, no obstacles (trees, buildings etc. pp.) between me and the drone during the flight, the DJI RC always exactly in the direction of the drone aligned (!) ...

Same scenario, but now with the Mavic 3...

Result:
Until the signal (signal strength indicator) noticeably decreases (or even occasionally cuts out), the Mavic 3 can fly twice as far, so both with the DJI RC!
I was really positively surprised about the usability of the DJI RC together with the Mavic 3...

The reason for the lower range of the Mini 3 Pro is by no means due to the DJI RC!

I then used the DJI RC Pro again together with the Mavic 3 and flew this test scenario again (see above), i.e. almost identical conditions, since all tests were carried out within approx. 90 minutes...

Result:
Mavic 3 + DJI RC Pro are really "unbeatable" in terms of the stability of the radio connection, but also the readability of the display in bright sunshine, the "smoothness" of the display during any maneuvers...

I really wish that I could control the Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC Pro soon. That would certainly be a significant improvement, especially since the DJI RC Pro is already part of your personal equipment...

2022-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there frankymusik. Good day and thank you for giving out these interesting information about your previous flight. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2022-7-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect that the Mavic 3 has larger antennas.
2022-7-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting test results and thanks for sharing Franky.  

I too am waiting for DJI to make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3.  
2022-7-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-23 00:36
Hello there frankymusik. Good day and thank you for giving out these interesting information about your previous flight. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.  .

Stephen, would you please query your appropriate department if they have any plans of making the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3?  

From reading in this forum it is easy to see that many pilots are looking for this compatibility.  
2022-7-23
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Fantastic information. And it saves me from trying the same thing and breaking the law.
2022-7-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 7-23 03:31
Fantastic information. And it saves me from trying the same thing and breaking the law.

Yes you are right!

And if you want to know how far I had to fly (in CE) under the described conditions then send me a PM...   
2022-7-23
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

The curious thing is that the specifications of the Mini 3 Pro says that the maximum flight distance of this drone with a standard battery is 24 Km ! So, something is still wrong ... RC. Ocusync 3.0 and we are happy if the drone can go farer than 800-2000 mt ? Don't tell me that I have to fullfill the 24 Km flying around
2022-7-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

juan55 Posted at 7-23 05:52
The curious thing is that the specifications of the Mini 3 Pro says that the maximum flight distance of this drone with a standard battery is 24 Km ! So, something is still wrong ... RC. Ocusync 3.0 and we are happy if the drone can go farer than 800-2000 mt ? Don't tell me that I have to fullfill the 24 Km flying around

Excuse me, but there is a mistake in reasoning in your statement!

You can fly 24 km with a fully charged battery. The energy of the battery is sufficient to cover such a distance...
You must not confuse the radio range with this!
In order to fly 24 km with one battery, wind conditions and flight speed must of course be taken into account in order to be able to cover this distance in approx. 30 minutes!!!

2022-7-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very interesting test. Given that the DJI Rc is lighter than the RC Pro and if the DJI Rc could fly all of your drones which controller would you keep if you could only have 1
2022-7-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-23 07:50
Very interesting test. Given that the DJI Rc is lighter than the RC Pro and if the DJI Rc could fly all of your drones which controller would you keep if you could only have 1

I prefer the DJI RC Pro because of the greater brightness, which is not insignificant.  
The "wireless connection" is also much more stable.  
I like to use the backpack that comes with the Mavic 3 and also pack a landing pad, the Mini 3 Pro and something to drink in there...
So it wouldn't be the weight that could make me decide...  
I would like to be able to use the DJI RC Pro for everything...
2022-7-23
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very good study and my Mini 3 range didn't improve any with using the RC-N1 vs DJI RC. That's why it's in the shop yet DJI stated they were replacing a board in the DJI RC...
2022-7-23
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

frankymusik Posted at 7-23 06:06

You can fly 24 km with a fully charged battery. The energy of the battery is sufficient to cover such a distance...

Yes I know, and I know that it depends of obstacles, interference, etc but it don’t means as I told that I have to fly the 24 km in circles around me …  DJI also claims that Ocusync 3.0 gives more “penetration” and better performance…. For the moment I don’t see such advances over mi old Mini 2 and Magic 2 Pro. Is supposed that each new drone is better and with best tech’s … want to see and feel those advances in my Mini 3 Pro
2022-7-23
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

frankymusik Posted at 7-23 06:06

Yes I know, and I know that it depends of obstacles, interference, etc but it don’t means as I told that I have to fly the 24 km in circles around me …  DJI also claims that Ocusync 3.0 gives more “penetration” and better performance…. For the moment I don’t see such advances over mi old Mini 2 and Magic 2 Pro. Is supposed that each new drone is better and with best tech’s … want to see and feel those advances in my Mini 3 Pro
2022-7-23
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

juan55 Posted at 7-23 08:49

You don't need to fly in circles. Watch this.

No interference from rice paddies.

And to helps with the larger batteries. Don't think they are available in Europe. They make a huge difference to flight time.

12 Klm out and back. There is another of a 13klm out and back range fight.

2022-7-23
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Flormo2002 Posted at 7-23 08:39
Very good study and my Mini 3 range didn't improve any with using the RC-N1 vs DJI RC. That's why it's in the shop yet DJI stated they were replacing a board in the DJI RC...

Can you place a link to that information,  because i couldn't find it ?
2022-7-23
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 7-23 11:56
Can you place a link to that information,  because i couldn't find it ?

Your asking me for a link to DJI stating their replacing a board? Well, just got confirmation their shipping back to me and the serial number on the Drone is the same but different serial number for the remote
2022-7-23
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Flormo2002 Posted at 7-23 12:02
Your asking me for a link to DJI stating their replacing a board? Well, just got confirmation their shipping back to me and the serial number on the Drone is the same but different serial number for the remote

Well ok, thought is was global and missed that it was ment for your repair.
2022-7-23
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-23 07:50
Very interesting test. Given that the DJI Rc is lighter than the RC Pro and if the DJI Rc could fly all of your drones which controller would you keep if you could only have 1

Better start up another poll on it.
2022-7-23
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Be very careful with CE vs. FCC absolute range capability! CE is significantly worse.

I think the antenna placement isn't helping the Mini 3 - the Mini 2 has them on stalks hanging off the front arms for optimum placement, whereas the antenna seem to be buried deeper in the body of the Mini 3, and masked by other parts.
2022-7-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

CineDude Posted at 7-23 20:46
Be very careful with CE vs. FCC absolute range capability! CE is significantly worse.

I think the antenna placement isn't helping the Mini 3 - the Mini 2 has them on stalks hanging off the front arms for optimum placement, whereas the antenna seem to be buried deeper in the body of the Mini 3, and masked by other parts.

... it was actually just a comparison of how far the DJI RC works compared to the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3...

I'm very satisfied, but I still wanted to see the differences in person...
2022-7-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NewToy Posted at 7-23 16:45
Better start up another poll on it.

Thanks for the suggestion if you don't know how to do a poll let me know and I will help. I understand some people struggle with tech and forums.

Happy flying always
2022-7-23
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

CineDude Posted at 7-23 20:46

I think the antenna placement isn't helping the Mini 3 - the Mini 2 has them on stalks hanging off the front arms for optimum placement, whereas the antenna seem to be buried deeper in the body of the Mini 3, and masked by other parts.

But with the Mini 2, Air 2S and Mavic 2 Pro the range in the same CE scenarios look better, better range …. So something is happening… Now it looks like DJI has fixed the problem with the FCC Zones ….
2022-8-3
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

juan55 Posted at 8-3 03:11
But with the Mini 2, Air 2S and Mavic 2 Pro the range in the same CE scenarios look better, better range …. So something is happening… Now it looks like DJI has fixed the problem with the FCC Zones ….

There is nothing wrong with the Mini 3 Pro's range in CE
2022-8-3
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

DreamWorks Posted at 8-3 03:36
There is nothing wrong with the Mini 3 Pro's range in CE

Well, some people are complain and they compare with other DJI drones they have and other trade marks…. We shall see
2022-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules