1600 18 2022-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B1TN3RD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13858 ft
Germany

Hi DJI team,

I really love the DJI RC! It is a strong device packed full of features yet in a small package. Unfortunately there is one feature which is really driving me crazy... the automatic Wi-Fi and Bluetooth deactivation when starting to fly.
Could you please add the possibility to unselect automatic deactivation of connectivity features when starting to fly? I need the Wi-Fi for connecting to my mobile hotspot, so I always have the map up-to-date during flight.

Cheers!
2022-7-23
Use props
onymar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 564400 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would be handy if the WiFi automatically enabled itself at the end of the flight, as well the option to toggle the auto disable feature.
2022-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there B1TN3RD. Good day and thank you for reaching out.  I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI RC updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-7-23
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Stephen , it is much appreciated. This has become a real pain, and in a LOT of cases it causes the pictures and videos to have the wrong time-stamps.
2022-7-29
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

This feature also prevents cloud data from getting updated until the user remembers to turn on wifi and let it sync.

On a related note, even if the user turns on wifi to allow cloud sync (or with any luck DJI makes that automatic), there is no visible indicator on the RC of the sync status.  Is it possible to add some kind of "cloud sync status" indicator so that the user knows when it is safe to turn the RC without interfering with the cloud upload?  Even better yet, have the RC detect the user shutdown operation, and offer to complete the background upload to the cloud before shutting down.
2022-7-29
Use props
B1TN3RD
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-23 19:12
Hello there B1TN3RD. Good day and thank you for reaching out.  I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI RC updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Me and I assume I speak for a lot of people would highly appreciate this option to turn off the automatic Wi-Fi deactivation.

BR
2022-7-29
Use props
djiuser_WNMKvutofePI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133110 ft
Canada

onymar Posted at 7-23 02:39
It would be handy if the WiFi automatically enabled itself at the end of the flight, as well the option to toggle the auto disable feature.

I agree Totally.  If it is still absolutely necessary for WiFi to be off while flying it really would be much more convenient if WiFi would be reconnected automatically after landing.
2022-8-6
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

+1
2022-8-6
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Me too.  I need maps and Airsense to continue updating... and want sync to work.
2022-8-17
Use props
BigDog816
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1800295 ft
Australia

Would definitely like this updated.
2022-8-21
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sky_makai Posted at 8-17 11:13
Me too.  I need maps and Airsense to continue updating... and want sync to work.

There is no Airsense on the Mini 3 Pro. Anyway, when the Mini 3 was released this was not implemented. It was only after a few cries of range issues and a couple of FW updates that brought on this "update."
2022-8-22
Use props
Maumlrco Reef
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-22 10:40
There is no Airsense on the Mini 3 Pro. Anyway, when the Mini 3 was released this was not implemented. It was only after a few cries of range issues and a couple of FW updates that brought on this "update."

oddly, the RC-Pro doesn't do this. Including on the Mini 3 Pro. Wonder they the RC does this.. is the RC that limited in engineering design that it requires WiFi/BT off to properly transmit?!

Would be wonderful if it auto re-enables at least after flight.
2022-8-22
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maumlrco Reef Posted at 8-22 11:39
oddly, the RC-Pro doesn't do this. Including on the Mini 3 Pro. Wonder they the RC does this.. is the RC that limited in engineering design that it requires WiFi/BT off to properly transmit?!

Would be wonderful if it auto re-enables at least after flight.

No it does not, I noticed that when I first linked the RC Pro. Like I said, it was implemented after the range issues arose for some. My Mini3 unit has great range with or without BT/WiFi on or off.
2022-8-22
Use props
B1TN3RD
lvl.2
Germany

Any updates on this @DJI?
2022-11-28
Use props
fans9ebfee02
New
United States

The option to disable the "automatic wifi turn off option upon take-off" was requested over three months ago. On the latest firmware, it is still doing it. This is extremely annoying. When I take off for the next flight, I am altitude limited because I forgot to enable it again. At least remove that restriction if you are going to disable Wifi. Or at least re-enable it upon landing. Better yet, dump this entire idea- then I can use maps again without pre-downloading them. This is a poorly thought-out work-around to range deficiency. When can we expect this issue to be addressed??
2023-9-4
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do agree that a switch to toggle it on/off or at least reactivate when landed/props stopped.... but I do have an honest question about "needing" to have a current map at all times.
Although nice to look at, I never felt the need to have the map. Even without the map, it shows the drone's flight path, home point, relative direction, etc.
Maybe if trying to get to a specific address for that type of mission or a specific road or landmark?
With the images available in any of the maps apps, I find a little pre-planning gives me a general overview of the area before flight anyway so then I just look for certain terrain, landmarks, etc. through the camera while flying.
Again, just a question to satisfy my curiosity and maybe learn something...
2023-9-9
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Adding my request endorsement.... would like this option.
2023-9-10
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

+1 for auto enable WIFI past flight
2023-9-15
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

If disabling the WiFi on takeoff is because of Ocusync interference. Then why is the bird blasting out an RID signal on the same wireless spectrum? This would cause far more interference since it's yelling out an AP for anyone to pickup. The RC is only listening for an AP to connect to. I mean technically it might send out a couple probe request but nothing compared to RID blasting out Bluetooth and WiFi packets on full auto.
2023-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules