12Next >
1760 51 2022-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

And here we are, after 2 weeks and about 50km of experience my bee flied away. To be precise i think experienced again myabe Iphone overheating problem, ewen if i stood and shadow and had full charged battery. I wa having about 5min left when problems began, the view were stopping or black screening, application crashed, after resterted i couldnt return the control of an aircraft to return to home manually - the safer way imo. After that there were contstant lack of signal but not complete loss (12s), i did not pressed RTH button in hope the conection will return like "always" and ill return to homepoint and than in panic i probobaly flew oposite direction. Finally my drone in critical low battery status decided to land so i moved to the place.
I was sure ill find it easly when approched with map but forget to use FInd my Drone Beep and Flash option. What i did when the aircraft reconnected i've recorded a vid with the frame seen from the drone. Unfortunelly i was sure its on the grass, battery get dead and i was searching around maybe an hour trying to match vid image with surrandings. Than i realised while inspecting flight log it descended to 16m than sudennly stopped at 8m and than the logs ending and the image shows not the grass but leafs and it landed on tree not in the ground. I tried to climb some tree but still did not found it. Now i asked local community to try inpect the area from above, but i have a little of hope ill get it back.

https://ibb.co/WGjCVMm
https://ibb.co/G0bBqkj
https://ibb.co/RD6YNZn

2022-7-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

if you like post the flightlog for this issue, use > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Post the uploaded link on here

Log will probably explains what happend and why....

cheers
JJB
2022-7-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i did not pressed RTH button in hope the connection will return.
In a situation like this, you can always just switch off the controller for 30 seconds or so.
That will initiate RTH and start bringing the drone closer, or all the way home if you let it.

Post your flight data.
It might explain what went wrong and if you had connection at the end, it will show where the drone autolanded.

ps .. this is a lost drone incident, not a flyaway.

2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

JJB* Posted at 7-23 04:22
Hi,

if you like post the flightlog for this issue, use > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6J7HJBNZHU83H17Q3QVH/
2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Labroides Posted at 7-23 05:53
i did not pressed RTH button in hope the connection will return.
In a situation like this, you can always just switch off the controller for 30 seconds or so.
That will initiate RTH and start bringing the drone closer, or all the way home if you let it.

Thanks for a clue, i was not prepared for that now i will.
I also never checked hot to use Find My Droone option in such a critical situations now i know.
Good thing i did was the take a video when the view was brought back, but i should made it shorter and maybe the battery would last longer
Another thing was i didnt checked UAV Forecast because that was unwindy day, now i see there were KP = 5 and also that day when i posted a thread about "overheating" - the symptoms were similar

Does it mean if it is a loss not demage or flyaway, i would be unable to use DJI Care?
2022-7-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fateofangel Posted at 7-23 07:11
Thanks for a clue, i was not prepared for that now i will.
I also never checked hot to use Find My Droone option in such a critical situations now i know.
Good thing i did was the take a video when the view was brought back, but i should made it shorter and maybe the battery would last longer

now i see there were KP = 5
You can safely ignore the Kp Index.
It has no effect on drone flying, even at Kp 8.

Good thing i did was the take a video when the view was brought back,  but i should made it shorter and maybe the battery would last longer
Compared to what the four motors use, the camera and sensors use almost no battery.
It wouldn't have made enough difference to notice.

2022-7-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

The landing spot is at 52.21608944  21.08618413,  ...  394 metres west of the home point.
It looks like the drone could be in trees.
The drone came to rest sitting flat and upright approx 8 metres higher than the launch point (this number could be +/- a few metres).

Some landscape features from this Google Earth image might help to locate the spot.
Pl-1.jpg
2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

so what is flyaway definition?
I couldnt find it anywhere like
https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... 0Care%20Refresh.pdf
Now im curious about water demage, because its prompted everywhere but it is placed in exclusion in terms of service / agreement.
So what if i drown my DJI aircraft? does it apply if i bring the wreckage? I tought if you cant bring wreckage you pay half as a flyaway if you find wreckage you pay 10% for repeair ..
2022-7-23
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

You were flying outside the VLOS with 11% battery left … Probably not the best thing to do … I hope you’ll find your drone and learn from this experience.
BTW: a flyaway occurs when for some reason (GPS glitch, compass calubration wrong or lost) the drone instead of performing a RTH, flyies to a wrong direction. In your case, the drone performed as expected, just pushing the RTH button or turning off the RC would have saved it.
2022-7-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fateofangel Posted at 7-23 08:11
so what is flyaway definition?
I couldnt find it anywhere like
https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/DJI%20Care%20Service%20Term/11.10%E6%9B%B4%E6%96%B0/Terms%20of%20Service%20of%20DJI%20Care%20Refresh.pdf

For a drone to fly away ... it has to actually fly off somewhere by itself.
This is a result of a genuine hardware fault and is very rare.

Unfortunately the term flyaway gets used to mean:  I lost my drone and don't understand way.
2022-7-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 7-23 07:04
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6J7HJBNZHU83H17Q3QVH/

I assume there is at least one other log relating to the earlier part or parts of this flight, could you post it or them?
2022-7-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fateofangel. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Mini 2. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

FabioV Posted at 7-23 15:16
You were flying outside the VLOS with 11% battery left … Probably not the best thing to do … I hope you’ll find your drone and learn from this experience.
BTW: a flyaway occurs when for some reason (GPS glitch, compass calubration wrong or lost) the drone instead of performing a RTH, flyies to a wrong direction. In your case, the drone performed as expected, just pushing the RTH button or turning off the RC would have saved it.

My probles started with 25% green level battery and enexpectably lasted 5 minutes or more. Pushing RTH when you have no signal dont work - i think the idea to disable the contralloer is rememberable
2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/3BR5AWA19EV69LUSUBJK/
2022-7-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you did actually not have a signal it should have returned to home it’s self. I assume you did have it set to RTH on lost signal and not Land in the settings.
I am sorry that you have lost your drone but this is more like Pilot error I am afraid
2022-7-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-23 21:28
If you did actually not have a signal it should have returned to home it’s self. I assume you did have it set to RTH on lost signal and not Land in the settings.
I am sorry that you have lost your drone but this is more like Pilot error I am afraid

But signal was not lost.
There is recorded data for the whole time the drone was up.

2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

At the begining if i lost signal it was starting RTH, signal was back and i was manually returning - thats why i made a trust to an aircraft.
Problems started here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=269840
and may be caused by my Iphone or KP index not sure, but symptoms were similar (black screen, app crash etc.) the diffrence were i was 100m away in the 1st example and 500m in this one.
Problem was it did not start auto RTH because signal loss were not timed outed, but also i couldnt bring back the control of the aircraft because everything was glitching. You also cannot manually RTH when there is no connection.
Now i know disabling a controller was the solution. After few minutes of struggling, resetting the app and so on i remember the control of an aircraft was brought back for a while but everytihing lasted so long that the battery get lower started beeping and i've paniced and mistaken direction (analysing the logs) and again flew away  - that was nail in the coffin, in that moment if i would calmly pressed RTH it probobaly happy ended, but i was stressed and followed the tought manually return is alwas safer way.
I think every crash or loss is always error of the pilot, the question is where an aircraft will land and if you are able to find it than reach it.
I need to check another phones in the future to have some comperation
2022-7-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fateofangel Posted at 7-23 22:14
At the begining if i lost signal it was starting RTH, signal was back and i was manually returning - thats why i made a trust to an aircraft.
Problems started here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=269840
and may be caused by my Iphone or KP index not sure, but symptoms were similar (black screen, app crash etc.) the diffrence were i was 100m away in the 1st example and 500m in this one.

may be caused by my Iphone or KP index not sure
It wasn't the Kp index.
That has no effect on drone flying.

Problem was it did not start auto RTH because signal loss were not timed outed, but also i couldnt bring back the control of the aircraft because everything was glitching. You also cannot manually RTH when there is no connection.
It didn't start RTH because signal was not lost.
You still had a perfect connection between the drone and controller and should have been able to control the drone normally, but not see what was happening.
That you had full signal is demonstrated by you having full data recording for the whole time.

2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Labroides Posted at 7-23 21:52
But signal was not lost.
There is recorded data for the whole time the drone was up.

Look how many times the signal was lost and re-established during 3 minutes
2022-7-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fateofangel Posted at 7-23 22:52
Look how many times the signal was lost and re-established during 3 minutes
[view_image]

But for how long?
If it's like the last data you posted, signal was only lost for 0.1 seconds each tiome.

Here's what the manual says about signal loss and Failsafe RTH.
Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote controller signal is lost for more than 11 seconds.
2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Labroides Posted at 7-23 22:58
But for how long?
If it's like the last data you posted, signal was only lost for 0.1 seconds each tiome.

Thats why i point to my Phone may caused the problem again / app crashes etc. As i said if i would loss the signal completely, history probably ended hapilly - thats why i should disbale the controller like said above, now i know it
2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Maybe KP do not affect the drone but affect a phone?
Connection was not pefect if i lost it 10 times, actually i was waiting for RTH but it was flapping between states
2022-7-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fateofangel Posted at 7-23 23:07
Thats why i point to my Phone may caused the problem again / app crashes etc. As i said if i would loss the signal completely, history probably ended hapilly - thats why i should disbale the controller like said above, now i know it

While the app of course interreacts with the aircraft it is the controller that fly's the drone. App crashes are bad but I don't think they actually affect the aircrafts flight
2022-7-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You have very good information on where your drone is. I would spend my time trying to get it back as it is most likely ok
2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-23 23:21
You have very good information on where your drone is. I would spend my time trying to get it back as it is most likely ok

Ive spent 3 hours yestarday (2 hours of searaching grass now im pretty sure its on the tree).
Soon im appointed with local community to inspect the area from above, i have not much time the storm will come today probably. (But storm may reveal a wreckage as well paradoxically)..
2022-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Ive climbed some tree and make some movies to analyse at home
https://youtube.com/shorts/leVrErItuYo
2022-7-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

signal was not lost. There is recorded data for the whole time the drone was up.
Between the two sections of the log I count 16 "Downlink Restored (after ..........." messages. 6 of which are over  11 seconds, i.e. Failsafe RTH inducing,  and I am not sure I got all of the disconnections.

One bit that puzzles me is, between 17:41:8 & 17:43:4 the drone is nose down in GoHome mode and flying away from the home point, 2007ft to 2031ft, no stick input, any idea why that happens? Thanks.

fateofangel do you have the log or logs that covers the first 10minutes of the flight.

2022-7-23
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gutted for you, I hope you find your Drone or at least find out what happened
2022-7-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 7-23 22:58
But for how long?
If it's like the last data you posted, signal was only lost for 0.1 seconds each tiome.

many time lost > 11 secs in this flight

guess we need all logs for his issue. first part (10m57.1s) is missing

cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
2022-7-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi fateofangel,

The first part is missing, flight from start to 19m57 is not there.
If you like post that as well to make flight complete for better analysis.

At 14m26.9 your MINI2 in RTH, after loosing contact for 18.8 secs. (batt =25%)Flying at 44.2 meter, it started to climb to your RTH height setting of 79 meter.
At 14m41.5s (batt = 22%) you cancelled RTH.
At 14m55.8 low battery return to home countdown 9 > 1 and was cancelled at 1.
Craft lowered by you and yawed away from HP...
Now flying heading 147 with full fwd stick, but HP direction is 284.
At 16m17.9 again in RTH, after loosing contact 16.5 secs
Heading towwards HP but climbng again from 20 meters to 79....battery draining while craft does nit move towards home.
At 16m 49.9 RTH cancelled by you...

well finally critial batt landing.

cheers
JJB

2022-7-24
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-23 23:51
signal was not lost. There is recorded data for the whole time the drone was up.
Between the two sections of the log I count 16 "Downlink Restored (after ..........." messages. 6 of which are over  11 seconds, i.e. Failsafe RTH inducing,  and I am not sure I got all of the disconnections.

i am not sure hot it can help but i share
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8TV1SZ7NRHSRRPRECEG6/
Thanks for your analysis and conclusions
2022-7-24
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

JJB* Posted at 7-24 01:18
Hi fateofangel,

The first part is missing, flight from start to 19m57 is not there.

At 14m55.8 low battery return to home countdown 9 > 1 and was cancelled at 1.
Craft lowered by you and yawed away from HP...
Now flying heading 147 with full fwd stick, but HP direction is 284.

That was the panic and nail to the coffin moment, last when the situation were able to safe
2022-7-24
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

fateofangel Posted at 7-23 23:36
Ive climbed some tree and make some movies to analyse at home
https://youtube.com/shorts/leVrErItuYo

So guys we have the happy end! i dont belive itThat was the place where bird placed its nest. On the movie above i was filming it few meters in front of me but could not spot due to dense willow leafs

IMG_0021_Moment.jpg

Thats the spot where it was placed and positioned comparing to FMD position
IMG_0023.jpg

For now an aircraft seems to fine, iam not sure if the gimbal motors are 100% okay, battery slot was opened, some scratches on propellers i feel they are not to be replaced yet, how do you tink?
image1 (2).jpg image0 (2).jpg

Local community helped, inspection from above did not brought the result as i expected it can be, but few more pairs of eyes doing the search and less bright sun light conditions did!

Summary
  • Ive learned to be NOT so self-confident abut DJI Care, bringing the wreckage may be not easy for example from the middle of the lake
  • Ive learned flyaway is just not occuring its apparent protection
  • I found FMD is very helpfull but on teh free open space you can probably reach the aircraft easily, while on the forest or urban areas, not exacly
  • Ive learned how to forced RTH
  • I stopped trust RTH carelessly i started omitting this by focusing more on orange signal and distance indicator
  • The screenshot or quick movie when you aproach an aircraft you'd like to find its good idea until it have power
  • Ive learned where to start FMD beeping procedure
  • Ive learned what places are conductive to be signal interferable, which shall not be in any direction
  • Ive learned hot to use minimap
  • Ive met some good people

Thanks for help and support

IMG_0021_Moment.jpg
2022-7-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fateofangel Posted at 7-24 05:35
So guys we have the happy end! i dont belive itThat was the place where bird placed its nest. On the movie above i was filming it few meters in front of me but could not spot due to dense willow leafs

Hi

Great find between all 'green'   

many happy landings!

cheers
JJB
2022-7-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DELIGHTED

You have blooming good eyes.

It may be a translation thing but I would add the following to your list of lessons

set the RTH height to something appropriate for each flight or new location.
Do not ignore the low battery RTH, it is better to lose a shot than the drone.

Another two things that you may not have yet encountered, wind tends to be faster the higher up you go.
Don't fly the out bound leg of a flight to distance  down wind, otherwise the drone has an even longer UP WIND flight home.
2022-7-24
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Another thing to be added to the list: flying in VLOS makes you able to bring back your bird in almost every circumstances, also when the phone fails (and it is the only way to fly legally in your country ).
2022-7-24
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

FabioV Posted at 7-24 12:18
Another thing to be added to the list: flying in VLOS makes you able to bring back your bird in almost every circumstances, also when the phone fails (and it is the only way to fly legally in your country ).

that was VLOS but ive mistaken the directions, you cannot look to the sky and to the controller at the same time
2022-7-24
Use props
Innerspace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287352 ft
United States

Great News!  Glad you found it.
2022-7-26
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Innerspace Posted at 7-26 06:09
Great News!  Glad you found it.

Nice to hear that
2022-7-26
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-24 07:18
DELIGHTED

You have blooming good eyes.

i agree" Do not ignore the low battery RTH" but i was not, i just have been unable to get the aircrat back since 25%
I see i am not alone, problem is much wider
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=241411
2022-7-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules