Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My RS 3 Pro shakes, gets confused and flips camera upside down?
1154 8 7-23 23:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cjpOJEQo7Xhf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34167 ft
United States

Hello everyone, I need some help/advice to sort this out as I find this mildly infuriating...

My brand new RS 3 Pro violently shakes, gets tangled up in some weird position and flips the camera upside down.

I  received my RS 3 Pro just about 3 days ago and I’ve been having this problem since then. Just to confirm this wasn't an isolated incident, it has happened about 6-7 times already. The gear on the gimbal is Sony A7 IV paired with Sony 24-70 GM II.

I'm afraid to use it on a shooting scene of the fear of the gimbal sending my gear flying as I do the maneuvers

• The gimbal is well balanced, I balanced it multiple times to ensure the perfect balance.
  • AutoTune and other calibrations are also performed, some even multiple times.
  • No any warning signs on the screen suggesting anything is off with the balance, manual testing also maintains a perfect center of gravity.

This problem mainly occurs when I’m engaging the right roll axis. Say… I want to go from dead center holding the gimbal upright to sideway(right), it abruptly starts shaking, loses its orientation, giving auditory warning, and after a little dance the camera ends up in an upside-down orientation, at times it goes to sleep too.

I’ve not managed to capture a video of it while happening but I’ve taken a few pictures showing what it looks like when it has already happened.

But I'm working on trying to capture video footage so you guys have a better idea of how and when this happens.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3079_sized.jpg
IMG_3083_sized.jpg
7-23 23:30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry for the late reply. Could you please provide us with a related video for our further checks? You could upload them to the Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us.
7-26 05:39
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello there,

Can you give or show us your settings on the gimbal?

Kind regards,
XinRain
7-29 12:55
Use props
Indio
Captain
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

add more weight
7-29 14:05
Use props
djiuser_aDnnl8NENVir
lvl.1
Malaysia

Ya, I encountered the same issue as well. If the roll axis moved to about 90 degree to left/right, it started to shake and moved and turned wildly and then camera went upside down. If I managed to stop it from going too low or before it shakes, then no issue. Why is that?
8-7 20:55
Use props
Squidy666
lvl.3
Australia

I have the same on my rs2. Smashed a filter it flipped so hard. Glad you're getting responses though, in my thread in the RS2 forum they've completely ignored it.
8-17 03:00
Use props
bleakcloud
lvl.1

Slovakia

Same thing happening to me. It almost broke my camera display.
10-9 07:13
Use props
George_P
lvl.2
Russia

I join you! This applies to all RS series products. Who will sacrifice their camera to record a video demonstration for them? LOL
11-17 07:16
Use props
chrisb123
lvl.2

Australia

Same thing here, if the handle is point out  to the left/right side of the camera it freaks out and flips upside down
11-27 17:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules