Mini 2 - Firmware update errors
2778 4 2022-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Popal
lvl.1
France

Hi,
So I've got this Mini 2 I could update in the past from the Android App with no issues until the latest version.

When I swapped the battery, I got a message telling me there's a firmware update for the battery but the update fails (it stays at 70% for a while then there's an error).

So I installed DJI Assistant 2 on my PC. I logged in but can't find any firmware list when the Mini 2 is plugged in : the options on the left don't include "Firmware upgrade". I do get it if I connect the remote.

What should I do ? Should I worry ?

Thanks
2022-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Did you manage to take a screenshot of the error message? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-7-25
Use props
Popal
lvl.1
Luxembourg

Thanks for your answer.

If DJI Assistant 2 can't update the firmware of the Mini 2 so that's normal, part of my problem is answered, thank you.

I'll get some screenshot of the error message concerning the battery firmware later on.
2022-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Popal Posted at 7-25 01:41
Thanks for your answer.

If DJI Assistant 2 can't update the firmware of the Mini 2 so that's normal, part of my problem is answered, thank you.

Sorry for the confusion. If it still persists, you can check the below steps:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website;
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1".

2022-7-25
Use props
djmobilehome
New
Flight distance : 124570 ft
United States

Hi, I'm new to the forum, though i've had my Mini 2 for about 9 months.  Everything has been great, until this week.

I've been trying for the last couple of days to get the newest firmware / database updates installed. After several failed attempts, on 2 different phones (a Samsung S22 Ultra and my work phone which is an iPhone 8). It attempts to install, then fails each time. After several attempts I turned off the drone, and now all I get is the flashing red light when I turn it back on.

It appears to be connected, and i've re-paired it, but the updates continue failing. One of the failed updates is 01.05.000 "added support for Japanese RID requirements (requires DJI Fly v1.6.6 or later".

any suggestions or recommendations on how to get everything synced and updated would be appreciated, as I'm certainly frustrated with it!

Here are the current versions that are installed:

Aircraft firmware - 01.04.000

RC firmware - 04.11.0034

Flysafe Database - 00.00.00.00

Flysafe Database for Apps - 01.00.01.27

App version- 1.6.9

Thanks in advance!
2022-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules