DJI RC Pro and the DJI Dongle
5040 16 2022-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaKidd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860184 ft
United States

Would like to not have a hotspot on my phone to get the map feature on the RC Pro to work. Wonder if this option will work with Verision with the DJI Cellular Dongle just to have that working for maps. Is this possible to do?  Would love to have that alone, do not want to preload maps as a option, eathier.
2022-7-24
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
United States

Anyone know?
2022-7-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I would not hold any hopes of the Dji Dongle. It has been 8 months now and there is nothing from Dji about the dongle which is disappointing.
2022-7-24
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The answer is YES, the 4G Dongle works, when installed with a SIM card you'll get an internet connection for your maps or any other features that require an internet connection. However, you won't get the Enhanced Transmission feature to work, unless you're in China.
2022-7-24
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 7-24 11:04
I would not hold any hopes of the Dji Dongle. It has been 8 months now and there is nothing from Dji about the dongle which is disappointing.

I would not hold any hopes of the Dji Dongle.
But you are, and you're still disappointed. I totally understand you're finding it disappointing that 4G enhanced transmission only works in China. I would also blame dji for the misleading advertising in the beginning. But it is NOT entirely up to dji to make this feature work outside of China; because most countries have very strict telecommunication regulations in place. After all, there is NO benefit for dji to NOT release the feature outside China; it's a good selling point for the Mavic3, and they also make money selling the dongles.

2022-7-24
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
United States

I found one for sell, at E... and Ali Exp...  more money for it on this controller. this DJI Cellular Dongle TDD-LTE USB Modem will work for maps on Version?
2022-7-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 7-24 14:13
I would not hold any hopes of the Dji Dongle.
But you are, and you're still disappointed. I totally understand you're finding it disappointing that 4G enhanced transmission only works in China. I would also blame dji for the misleading advertising in the beginning. But it is NOT entirely up to dji to make this feature work outside of China; because most countries have very strict telecommunication regulations in place. After all, there is NO benefit for dji to NOT release the feature outside China; it's a good selling point for the Mavic3, and they also make money selling the dongles.

I guess you are right
2022-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DaKidd. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Since every country has separate laws and regulations for communication and radio frequency equipment. DJI is studying the applicability of different country regulation requirements to the DJI 4G dongle. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2022-7-24
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
United States

I understand you why you are not able to support because of VLOS rules in US and other country's. Just want to enable map function on this RC Pro, and have one less thing to do bye at least enabling that feature on this very expensive controller. Thanks for your reply, and hope that feature will happen in the future. A hotspot enable on my phone should not be required for this RC Pro.
2022-7-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Just to be clear, you would rather pay for another data plan then tether to your phone?
2022-7-25
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
United States

Well, Captain Mobilehomer, I think a RC device costing this much to fly a drone should have this ability included with it. I can, and will, hook up a hot spot on my phone, but why?   10 dollars a month does not seem to much to not to have to take my phone along for the ride, but I have to buy a DJI Dongle also, that might work....
2022-7-25
Use props
djiuser_VmihpNUfxVT3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60935 ft
United States

This is from the mavicpilots.com forum. It appears the "dongle" will work on the RC Pro:

First off, it worked with a T-Mobile nano SIM card I already had.
- Installation was simple -- remove two screws on the bottom panel and gently lift up. A compartment with a USB-C port and an antenna connector is exposed. Connect the antenna to the 4G port on the dongle and slide into the USB port. I had to slightly rearrange the antenna wire to get the bottom panel to close without bowing slightly.
- The dongle shows up as a T-Mobile 4G connection when you're looking at the home screen or swipe down to show settings.
- I was able to check for firmware updates, the map updated as I moved and zoomed the display and I was able to perform a geo unlock (the main reason I got it).
- My other apps worked as well -- I've tested AirData, UAV Forecast, B4UFLY and Aloft. All worked.
- The FCC ID is 2A2TS2021IG830 FCC ID 2A2TS2021IG830 LTE USB MODEM by Honglink Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd.
- The FCC-submitted User Guide: https://fccid.io/2A2TS2021IG830/ ... -Manual-5533544.pdf
2022-7-25
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
United States

I can not see anyone that has Verision service, and I am confused if it will work on their cell service, as I do not have the T-Mobile service. Maybe I am reading to much into this, but really do not know if it will work. Yes, I have seen that topic about T-Mobile, and read it over, but not convinced it will work with my cell provider.   Wife will get mad if I try it  just for the extra expense in it all.  But I am that way, I know it is silly, but still..... I would like this very much on the RC Pro to work for maps. So here I am wondering, and confused.
2022-7-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

DaKidd Posted at 7-25 10:30
Well, Captain Mobilehomer, I think a RC device costing this much to fly a drone should have this ability included with it. I can, and will, hook up a hot spot on my phone, but why?   10 dollars a month does not seem to much to not to have to take my phone along for the ride, but I have to buy a DJI Dongle also, that might work....

No need to get snarky. First, the DJI dongle will NOT work. The service is not available anywhere except China at the moment. And it's only for drone control. The dongle referred to in the article is a standalone device for internet access. It will work as you intend, but you need a data plan for it.
2022-7-25
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
United States

Yes I know its not supporting the 4G flying the drone in the US. If it was, you would have to subscribe to DJI service also for that to be available and I would not want that besides. I hope you are telling anyone that reads this post, that is not possible, as I did not want that anyway. Sorry if I got a little testy with you, my apologies. Have a good one guy. Later.
2022-7-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

This thread may interest you.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... modem-notes.126546/
2022-7-26
Use props
fans758421ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2371270 ft
United States

DaKidd Posted at 2022-7-25 10:30
Well, Captain Mobilehomer, I think a RC device costing this much to fly a drone should have this ability included with it. I can, and will, hook up a hot spot on my phone, but why?   10 dollars a month does not seem to much to not to have to take my phone along for the ride, but I have to buy a DJI Dongle also, that might work....

I think your barking up the wrong tree. Go after the FCC and ask why this cant get approval here in the states...They're your issue, not DJI.
2023-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules