Drone orientation delay on map when doing Zenith Panorama Shots
681 7 2022-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I normally flick the Mini 3 Pro into vertical mode, pitch up as high as it will go and take 8 zenith shots using the 360 compass positions estimated on the mini map. This is crucial as if no clouds in the sky you can have no bearings so have no idea where the Mini is pointing.

What I have noticed after the last update is that there seems to be a lag in the map updating interms of showing what direction the drone is pointing so it is very easy to over steer it to your next 45 degree increment then correct then recorrect etc. This all takes time of course and if you have moving upper subjects it will make it harder to stitch.

Has anybody found this?

I have found if switching to the compass mode where the drone sits in the centre the delay is reduced significantly but seems strange as I would have thought both the map and the compass use the same info from the drone to update which direction the drone is pointing.

DJI of course to remove the need to do this altogether you could make the Sphere Pano mode Vertical and extend the camera pitch fully so one button would take an ACTUAL complete 360 x 180 pano without all this manual intervention... DJI we are counting on you!!
2022-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bussty. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-7-24
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-24 20:26
Hello there Bussty. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

Thanks DJI Stephen it will be great if your team can create this functionality that would then equal what the drone is physically capable of.

Many thanks

Bussty
2022-7-24
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'd love to see the 'Full Sphere' implementation happening soon.
This has been advertised, time to get it done, this would be awesome; then we wouldn't have to write these posts ;-)
2022-7-25
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

AVsupport Posted at 7-25 00:10
I'd love to see the 'Full Sphere' implementation happening soon.
This has been advertised, time to get it done, this would be awesome; then we wouldn't have to write these posts ;-)

Yep I'll second that, then we can get out and focus on capturing really exciting 360 x 180 panos effortlessly. Though a pain, is still fantastic to be able to do these now, albeit manually but without retouching of any kind
2022-7-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bussty Posted at 7-24 20:33
Thanks DJI Stephen it will be great if your team can create this functionality that would then equal what the drone is physically capable of.

Many thanks

Hi there Bussty. You are very much welcome and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-7-27
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

Bussty Posted at 7-25 00:35
Yep I'll second that, then we can get out and focus on capturing really exciting 360 x 180 panos effortlessly. Though a pain, is still fantastic to be able to do these now, albeit manually but without retouching of any kind

I did it too: I'am in possession of the Mini 3 Pro since yesterday and am now eagerly waiting to be able to make my first full Sphere Panorama after a hopefully soon to come firmware update!
2022-7-28
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

SPLflyer Posted at 7-28 02:57
I did it too: I'am in possession of the Mini 3 Pro since yesterday and am now eagerly waiting to be able to make my first full Sphere Panorama after a hopefully soon to come firmware update!

Congratulations! Great to hear more support for true full sphere pano!

We know you can do it DJI!!!
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules