Hard crash, battery came off plummeting 20m!
988 8 2022-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

I was in the mountains, flying in Manual near rocks ~20m above the ground, I couldn't avoid a sudden gust of wind, the battery protected my drone but came off with the impact on the rock. Fortunately, the ground below was soft, the drone only needed some minor fix, I replaced the damaged landing pad and fixed the battery. I guess the arm bracets also helped save the drone from serious damage.

P_20220708_132527.jpg P_20220708_133836.jpg P_20220708_133910.jpg P_20220708_133926.jpg

My favorite place

My favorite place

2022-7-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FlyLow. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI FPV and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened and if you feel that your DJI FPV drone is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-7-24
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

Thanks but no, the crash was 2 weeks ago and I have done several hours of flying since then without any problems.
If I can, I repair the drone myself as in this case.

More than anything, I keep an eye on the damaged battery when I recharge it, just in case the crash caused some hidden damage that might arise later.
2022-7-24
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

any footage of your flying?  not particularly interested in the crash bit
2022-7-24
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

Sorry, I fly it for speed and flying sensations and to keep myself trained. I never record my flights, I don't want to waste time reviewing, editing or cataloging videos, It's not my stuff.
2022-7-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to hear the FPV survived the crash and that you are able to continue flying it after a bit of DIY repairs.  Wind shears/gusts can surprise you quickly while flying.  
2022-7-25
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-25 01:18
Glad to hear the FPV survived the crash and that you are able to continue flying it after a bit of DIY repairs.  Wind shears/gusts can surprise you quickly while flying.

Yeah watch out for hot tarmac transitioning to wet grass.  You will lose some height if you are already flying low can be catastrophic
2022-7-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

chillibadger Posted at 7-25 11:39
Yeah watch out for hot tarmac transitioning to wet grass.  You will lose some height if you are already flying low can be catastrophic

I'm always careful when I'm at minimum altitude.  
2022-7-26
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251211 ft
United States

FlyLow Posted at 7-24 22:29
Thanks but no, the crash was 2 weeks ago and I have done several hours of flying since then without any problems.
If I can, I repair the drone myself as in this case.

Maybe store that damaged battery in a fireproof bag for peace of mind.
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules