DJI RC quick press of power button-"power save", screen off
850 5 2022-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

I noticed this morning that when I quickly press the power button, the display shuts off (the lights are on and it did not shut down).  Then if pressed quickly again the display turns back on.  While off, touching the screen does not turn it back one.  I was not flying at the time, so not sure if this occurs then as well, but not sure why it would have such functionality.  

I take it is by design, but I could imagine that if it does that while flying, it could cause some anxious moments for operators.  If you don't realize you did that, and you think that the RC is locked up, you may be tempted to press and hold to reboot it.  I think that would cause an automatic RTH, which could be a bad thing if you are not able to control the landing.  

I'll check out whether or not this behavior is the same during a flight and report back.  Or if you have already know the answer, please let me know.

Thanks,

(EDIT:  This is by design, and seemingly undocumented (I didn't see this "feature" in the manual).  See this post:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-268379-1-1.html )

2022-7-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If this proves correct in further testing I would suggest you change the title to something like

"DJI RC quick press of power button, toggles screen dead, screen dies, screen died, screen off, screen live, screen on."

The reason being, I have the impression that I have seen several 'screen died' threads and the modified title might make it easier for 'victims' to find a possible solution.
2022-7-25
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-25 03:40
If this proves correct in further testing I would suggest you change the title to something like

"DJI RC quick press of power button, toggles screen dead, screen dies, screen died, screen off, screen live, screen on."

This is interesting that you say this and maybe this would be helpful, depending on how the forum search works (if only titles are searched then indeed).  I just tried to do the same thing while the drone was on and in the "take off permitted" mode with satellites being tracked and indeed it is doing the same behavior.  I am unable to fly at this moment, but will do so later today.  

One thing to notice is that once you hit the power button and the screen goes blank, the four round leds blink simultaneously eight times, then remain lit and again when you hit the button again to relight the display.  This seems like designed behavior, so it would have been good if it was documented somewhere.  Beyond that, though, I don't really know of what usefulness this would be for anything.  Flying at night in stealth mode???
2022-7-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfbd2311f Posted at 7-25 04:01
This is interesting that you say this and maybe this would be helpful, depending on how the forum search works (if only titles are searched then indeed).  I just tried to do the same thing while the drone was on and in the "take off permitted" mode with satellites being tracked and indeed it is doing the same behavior.  I am unable to fly at this moment, but will do so later today.  

One thing to notice is that once you hit the power button and the screen goes blank, the four round leds blink simultaneously eight times, then remain lit and again when you hit the button again to relight the display.  This seems like designed behavior, so it would have been good if it was documented somewhere.  Beyond that, though, I don't really know of what usefulness this would be for anything.  Flying at night in stealth mode???

The forum's search is crap. But googles etc. should hopefully pick up the 'tags'.
I  gave up trying to use this forum's in house search ages ago and if I am looking for anything in here alway use a proper search engine.
2022-7-25
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-25 04:23
The forum's search is crap. But googles etc. should hopefully pick up the 'tags'.
I  gave up trying to use this forum's in house search ages ago and if I am looking for anything in here alway use a proper search engine.

Found another post about the "power save" feature which I guess this is.  Needs to be documented in manual.  I updated title a bit for clarity.  Thanks.
2022-7-25
Use props
T-Zero
lvl.2

Brazil

I use this function a lot (screen off - power save) when I update the firmware from the PC.
In addition to saving battery, it doesn't let the RC get too hot.
2022-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules