Aussies: need insurance with public liability: recommendations?
588 4 2022-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
v01d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

Hey this question for my fellow Aussies:
I'm about to go shopping for a brand new DJI drone, and I plan to fly & get paid for some tasks, like shoot properties video / photo.

I need insurance for my drone and Public liability : that is, if I fly it into someone / something & someone sues me..

I'm lost, I cannot seem to find anything but some underwriters who kind of look dodgy to me, websites.

Can someone recommend a local drone insurer who would cover me as a business  / sole trader ??  I plan to fly a small drone, but get paid for  some tasks.
2022-7-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your first drone?
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Hope that you could get the best suggestion from our fellow DJI Pilots. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-7-26
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

No, not first.

I'm also CASA licensed RePL , upto 25 kg drones.
2022-7-26
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

I spoke to one underwriter - yes, seems this is the only way any drone based business gets drone insurance, no direct insurer does drones, am I wrong ..? -  and seems they've quoted me $400 p.a. for Public Liability cover upto 5mil $.

Considering a small photography / video drone, this is probably very reasonable price, any thoughts..?  With actual drone/camera insurance, that is extra so total seems I'm looking from 700-800 $ p.a. .

Not cheap, considering this is what I pay p.a for a motorcycle full-house insurance.  But, this is the Public Liability stuff when you try to get paid.

Anyone got anything better insurance cost wise ..?
2022-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules