Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic mini controller doesnt connect with Samsung A50
1455 12 2022-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woutie29
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi

Recently my controller won't connect to my phone (the samsung galaxy A50), sometimes it does, but it has like a bad connection and disconnects during my flight.
First I thought it was of the cable, so I used my old phone (Huawei P10 Lite) which has a micro usb port, there everything worked fine. Then I was almost sure the bad connection was because the cable was broken, but when I tried using it via my sister's phone (the samsung galaxy A52) everything worked fine and the controller didnt disconnect (while using the cable of which I think it is broken).

I have updated the DJI fly app on my A50 via the apk from the official site, I have enabled USB debugger. But still it doesnt work. One thing I have noticed is that on my sisters phone I get like the pop-up that's wants me to allow something, but on my A50 I don't have that pop up at all.

Can someone help me please?

Wout
2022-7-26
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Welcome Woutie29 !!

Make sure you mobile device is compatible  

Android V 1.6.8

Requiere Android 6.0 o superior.

Compatible con Compatible con Samsung Galaxy S21,Samsung Galaxy S20,Samsung Galaxy S10+,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy Note20,Samsung Galaxy Note10+ ,Samsung Galaxy Note9,HUAWEI Mate40 Pro,HUAWEI Mate30 Pro,HUAWEI P40 Pro,HUAWEI P30 Pro,HUAWEI P30,Honor 50 Pro,Mi 11,Mi 10,Mi MIX 4,Redmi Note 10,OPPO Find X3,OPPO Reno 4,vivo NEX 3,OnePlus 9 Pro,OnePlus 9,Pixel 6,Pixel 4,Pixel 3 XL
2022-7-26
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

https://www.dji.com/es/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-7-26
Use props
Woutie29
lvl.1

Belgium

JetSam Posted at 7-26 02:25
Welcome Woutie29 !!

Make sure you mobile device is compatible  

It is compatable for as far as I know, because my Android version is 11 and the app had worked in the past.
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Woutie29 Posted at 7-26 02:55
It is compatable for as far as I know, because my Android version is 11 and the app had worked in the past.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. To further verify the issue, we would recommend you change a control cable to test again. Also, please test whether your phone can connect to your PC with a cable?
2022-7-26
Use props
Woutie29
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-26 03:06
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. To further verify the issue, we would recommend you change a control cable to test again. Also, please test whether your phone can connect to your PC with this cable?

The official cable that was in the box I can't ofcourse connect to my pc, but if I use the regular cable for charging my phone I can transfer files with my phone.
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Woutie29 Posted at 7-26 03:12
The official cable that was in the box I can't ofcourse connect to my pc, but if I use the regular cable for charging my phone I can transfer files with my phone.

Thanks for your reply. Would you please confirm the OS version of your sister's phone (A52) and change a cable to see whether the issue can be resolved?
2022-7-26
Use props
Woutie29
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-26 03:19
Thanks for your reply. Would you please confirm the OS version of your sister's phone (A52) and change a cable to see whether the issue can be resolved?

She has Android 12 on her phone, (I have Android 11 on my phone), I have not a cable to change it with...
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Woutie29 Posted at 7-26 04:49
She has Android 12 on her phone, (I have Android 11 on my phone), I have not a cable to change it with...

Thank you for the update. You can try to restart the phone, reinstall the APP, and then set the developer options on the phone, choosing file management or MIDI. We would like to check if there is a problem with your phone setting. Please keep us updated on this issue. Thank you.
2022-7-27
Use props
Woutie29
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-27 01:35
Thank you for the update. You can try to restart the phone, reinstall the APP, and then set the developer options on the phone, choosing file management or MIDI. We would like to check if there is a problem with your phone setting. Please keep us updated on this issue. Thank you.

I have reinstalled the app, restarted my phone and changed those settings. It works but like during my test flight it has disconnected a few times (the connection between my phone and the controller)
2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Woutie29 Posted at 7-27 03:32
I have reinstalled the app, restarted my phone and changed those settings. It works but like during my test flight it has disconnected a few times (the connection between my phone and the controller)

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If it is possible, please change a control cable to test again. If it is not convenient for you, we would recommend you send the remote controller back for further diagnosis. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2022-7-28
Use props
Woutie29
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-28 01:38
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If it is possible, please change a control cable to test again. If it is not convenient for you, we would recommend you send the remote controller back for further diagnosis. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Hi

I found the problem. The cable is broken, probably me that isn't that careful with the product and DJI not making the cable that firm. I'm planning on buying a new cable, idk if it's gonna be the official one or not.
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Woutie29 Posted at 8-9 12:08
Hi

I found the problem. The cable is broken, probably me that isn't that careful with the product and DJI not making the cable that firm. I'm planning on buying a new cable, idk if it's gonna be the official one or not.

Thanks for the update. Glad to know you found out the cause. If you need to purchase the cable from DJI Online Store, you can visit the link below. https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-rc-cable?vid=19441
2022-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules