https://youtu.be/wurTBiY0T54
2022-7-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting video.    He says in a linked video that he doubled the distance he could fly on the CE model.  Not sure what effects that would have on FCC model.  Might double also.  Quite the mod though.  
2022-7-26
Use props
djiuser_4WdSZbzPDUaG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196345 ft
United States

Seems like easy to do. Remote already has external antenna connections. I used to get 400-500m before updates, now I can probably get upto 1500m in my area, but that's still not enough in some cases. Also to fly 1500m my height had to be minimum 100-150m. I am in FCC mode too.
2022-7-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn't dream of modding mine whilst it's still under warranty - if at all.
2022-7-26
Use props
djiuser_4WdSZbzPDUaG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196345 ft
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 7-26 11:18
I wouldn't dream of modding mine whilst it's still under warranty - if at all.

New remote is only 300 bucks and chances of it breaking are pretty slim. If mod increases range that much, I think its worth it
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting video with us. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to modify your DJI Mavic 3 Pro or any of its components including the DJI RC. There is a  possibility that these modification will work however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed its reliability when in use. In addition, modifying your DJI Product might cause damage or harm on your DJI drone and can cause trouble when on flight as well and can void the warranty of the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.
2022-7-27
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

That should be something DJI should take in consideration, lots of people are doing this modification to improve signal range, Yes, you loose warranty, against a benefit (almsot the double of the range see also his range test).
I wonder why the antennas were removed in the DJI RC, instead of leaving them as for the PRO version.
I wish there could be the possibility like in my huawey modem to use internal or external antennas, a nice choice left to the user needs.
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules