Propulsion System Error
5084 11 2022-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fliegerben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1918087 ft
Germany

I did my third flight with a brand new DJI FPV drone and was in full Manual mode, when the drone started to jitter once in a while (not prop wash). It became more and more frequent so I headed back. Suddenly, the drone flipped over, the error message "Fehler: Antriebssystem" (Error: Propulsion System ?) popped up and - thanks DJI's logic - the system reverted to Normal mode and the drone stabilized. I switched back to Normal mode and landed safely.

The message was there for 1 sec max, but the jittering was quite noticable way before throughout the flight. Flying in Normal mode seem to be okay. Props where brand new, one motor was hotter than the other ones after landing.

Anyone experienced something similar?

How could I get more data out of this simple message to see what happened? I am not feeling very well to take up the drone for another acro flight...

2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to calibrate the IMU? In addition, you may connect all the components via the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-7-26
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you could provide the .DAT log file that will probably yield some data about the cause of this behavior. To retrieve the .DAT take a look at this
https://fpvdronepilots.com/threads/dat-available.4225/
2022-7-27
Use props
fliegerben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1918087 ft
Germany

Thanks for your help.

I did a full refresh of the firmware on all components and recalibrated compass and IMU. But the issue is still there, did two flights and the drone twitched every ten seconds, even in N-mode. It makes the drone almost unflyable.

I guess it is time for DJI Repair Service...
2022-7-31
Use props
evcf05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 851624 ft
Venezuela

same here, just getting the drone to dji and told me i have to pay them to repair, crappy dji avata
2022-11-5
Use props
djiuser_Tu5KCYRr1Ka7
New

Philippines

How do you take care of a drone? sir why didn't he crash?
have you tried encountering errors sir? similar to that propulsion error
2023-3-28
Use props
AvataBangOnTheDrumsAllDa
lvl.2
United States

Did it look like this?
2023-4-1
Use props
djiuser_JWYffLPKEDW7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1379150 ft
United States

AvataBangOnTheDrumsAllDa Posted at 4-1 10:01
Did it look like this? https://youtu.be/1GhLpyjdmfM

Not sure if this helps i had same video issue only was on mavic turned out to be the bands that hold gimbal in place. Havent had hands on Avata to know if its similar. I would maybe check area around camera. If you have had any collisions previous also
2023-12-27
Use props
socalav8toryahoo.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97608 ft
United States

Brand new DJI FPV drone with seven flights on it
Was flying the drone today in NORMAL mode and it went into automatic return to home when it climbed to the altitude of 150 feet it started spinning out of control and plummeted to the ground like a brick
Upon further examination of the video before loss through the goggles, it went into a propulsion failure, which I am assuming the engine stopped, turning, which caused it to spin into the ground uncontrollably
Anyone else have this problem?
How do I contact DJI to get a new drone? I do have the insurance, but I feel like I should not have to pay for this since this thing was basically brand new.
1-2 19:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

socalav8toryahoo.com Posted at 1-2 19:18
Brand new DJI FPV drone with seven flights on it
Was flying the drone today in NORMAL mode and it went into automatic return to home when it climbed to the altitude of 150 feet it started spinning out of control and plummeted to the ground like a brick
Upon further examination of the video before loss through the goggles, it went into a propulsion failure, which I am assuming the engine stopped, turning, which caused it to spin into the ground uncontrollably

Hi. Sorry about what happened to your drone. This usually happens when the propellers are not mounted correctly,  a motor is blocked or there are foreign objects, or the ambient wind speed is too high. You can send the drone to DJI to get it fixed. Please submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. If you want to contact DJI Supports, you can go to https://www.dji.com/support. Have a great day ahead.
1-2 22:02
Use props
socalav8toryahoo.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97608 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-2 22:02
Hi. Sorry about what happened to your drone. This usually happens when the propellers are not mounted correctly,  a motor is blocked or there are foreign objects, or the ambient wind speed is too high. You can send the drone to DJI to get it fixed. Please submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. If you want to contact DJI Supports, you can go to https://www.dji.com/support. Have a great day ahead.

Hello,

So I’m on vacation and I finally recovered my drone a couple hours ago and found some interesting facts and I have the video to prove my findings when the drone went into return to home and started to climb. The left rear motor came loose at the arm and started to wobble severely, at 150 feet up the motor wobbled so bad it stopped spinning at which point it plummeted to the ground,so looking at the wreckage two of the motors were ripped from the arms one motor had three screws in it and the plastic still attached by the screws  to the bottom of the motor where they had been torn from the arm. The motor that was loose in flight only had one screw in it which was loose and the other two screws were down inside, the arm indicating that they were loose in flight as they did not pull through the plastic , the plastic in the arm is still fine where the screw holes are. That motor was never fully tightened at the factory and was only being held on by one screw
1-3 10:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

socalav8toryahoo.com Posted at 1-3 10:09
Hello,

So I’m on vacation and I finally recovered my drone a couple hours ago and found some interesting facts and I have the video to prove my findings when the drone went into return to home and started to climb. The left rear motor came loose at the arm and started to wobble severely, at 150 feet up the motor wobbled so bad it stopped spinning at which point it plummeted to the ground,so looking at the wreckage two of the motors were ripped from the arms one motor had three screws in it and the plastic still attached by the screws  to the bottom of the motor where they had been torn from the arm. The motor that was loose in flight only had one screw in it which was loose and the other two screws were down inside, the arm indicating that they were loose in flight as they did not pull through the plastic , the plastic in the arm is still fine where the screw holes are. That motor was never fully tightened at the factory and was only being held on by one screw

Hi. I suggest sending the drone to DJI for inspection and to determine if it will be covered by the warranty. We appreciate your patience.
1-5 23:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules