Mini 3 Pro Internal Screw - What to Do?
850 10 2022-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike107
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224291 ft
United States

When changing batteries after a flight today, I noticed this loose screw in the battery compartment.  I cannot see any empty screw holes inside or outside the aircraft, and I did not notice any flight anomolies.

What should I do?
Is it safe to continue flying?

Thanks,
Mike

Loose Screw found in M3P Battery Compartment

Loose Screw found in M3P Battery Compartment
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Mike, may I double confirm, that only the screw is from the drone, other parts are not, right? Could you please also provide some pictures of the battery compartment and aircraft for further confirmation?
2022-7-26
Use props
Mike107
lvl.1
United States

Yes. Just the screw.
I will try for better images. Tricky to get light inside, see anything,  and be in focus. Should I concentrate on any particular area?
1EB40AEC-FBB4-47CB-9BF0-6EE2BC45F13D.jpeg
EFB89581-2955-4952-B56C-9837D147460A.jpeg
67486DA5-E261-4C1D-A9CE-63521ED4CF4D.jpeg
46340B83-12F4-44F6-A7F9-DBD4F6F0A589.jpeg
EDAE2931-D887-42E8-958C-119D2D282F75.jpeg
2022-7-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mike107 Posted at 7-26 20:11
Yes. Just the screw.
I will try for better images. Tricky to get light inside, see anything,  and be in focus. Should I concentrate on any particular area?

Thank you very much for the update. For the flight safety, it is suggested to send the drone to DJI for service. You can click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case. Please don't worry, we will help to take care of it.  
2022-7-26
Use props
Mike107
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-26 23:20
Thank you very much for the update. For the flight safety, it is suggested to send the drone to DJI for service. You can click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case. Please don't worry, we will help to take care of it.

Do these help more?
If there is something I can do here to replace screw and not have to go through another long turn around time, I'd like to try.
Thanks,
Mike
2022-7-27
Use props
Mike107
lvl.1
United States

Here is the actual screw for reference to you and others.
2022-7-27
Use props
Mike107
lvl.1
United States

If I exchange it at Best Buy, can the Care Refresh plan be transferred to a new replacement drone?
2022-7-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike107 Posted at 7-27 07:23
If I exchange it at Best Buy, can the Care Refresh plan be transferred to a new replacement drone?

Fastest turnaround will be to take it back to BestBuy for a replacement.  I sent in my Mavic Air 2 because of firmware update issue.  From time of mailing to receipt back was 8 days.  DJI automatically transferred my Care Refresh over to replacement drone.  

Not sure how they would treat care refresh if you take drone back to BestBuy for replacement.  You can always call DJI Support.  I think there number in Brazil is still 55 08008080333.  Other contact info is here.
2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Mike107 Posted at 7-27 07:23

Sorry for your inconvenience. As DowntownRDB said below, you may contact our support for help if you replace the drone with BestBuy. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
2022-7-28
Use props
Mike107
lvl.1
United States

Interesting experience transferring 2-year Care Refresh to replacement. Phone support said wait 24-48 hours for someone to contact me and have proof of return ready. He referenced "that drone" and I was concerned because the receipt didn't have the SN's of either drone embedded in them. He said he couldn't say what constituted valid proof of return. I asked him to pass up the line to his boss that telling a customer a requirement of them yet not being able to describe how to fulfill it was unacceptable, and that the service person should have a description of what exactly is required of the customer. The service agent a.) didn't think so--that isn't their jog or department, and b.) said his boss wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway.

Thank goodness for the On-line chat support.
Went like butter in a matter of minutes and was done with people who seemed to care.
Thanks, On-line guys!
2022-7-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Mike107 Posted at 7-28 15:44
Interesting experience transferring 2-year Care Refresh to replacement. Phone support said wait 24-48 hours for someone to contact me and have proof of return ready. He referenced "that drone" and I was concerned because the receipt didn't have the SN's of either drone embedded in them. He said he couldn't say what constituted valid proof of return. I asked him to pass up the line to his boss that telling a customer a requirement of them yet not being able to describe how to fulfill it was unacceptable, and that the service person should have a description of what exactly is required of the customer. The service agent a.) didn't think so--that isn't their jog or department, and b.) said his boss wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway.

Thank goodness for the On-line chat support.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. For your feedback on our services, we will forward it to our designated department. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules