Audio drift in long videos using external mic
7179 26 2022-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JYL823
lvl.1

Australia

Any fix for audio drift when shooting long videos using an external mic?
This seems to happen with the wireless mic for Pocket 2 as well as any mic using the 3.5mm jack input. When shooting long videos, from the 2nd or 3rd 4Gb files you see a audio drifting and totally out of sync. It get out of sync a lot more the longer the shooting goes. I tried numerous SD cards and concluded its not the write seppds of the cards.
When using built in mic I dont experience any issues.
Can DJI please fix this through a firmware update please? I use DJI range of cameras for boat fishing YT channel and this is causing a lot of issues.
2022-7-26
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

I don't have the external microphone... I can't give you my experience on that matter... but with the pocket microphone I experienced once the audio out of sync... it was in 4k 60fps... and it wasn't a long video like your case... but surely it's a bummer...

In what resolution and frame rate did you experience that?
2022-7-27
Use props
JYL823
lvl.1

Australia

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-27 02:24
I don't have the external microphone... I can't give you my experience on that matter... but with the pocket microphone I experienced once the audio out of sync... it was in 4k 60fps... and it wasn't a long video like your case... but surely it's a bummer...

In what resolution and frame rate did you experience that?

Unfortunately I tried at every resolution and frame rate. I also experienced the same issue you had. With the wireless mic for Pocket 2, sometimes sound is out of sync from the start. I found only sure fire way of fixing it is to re-sync the wireless mic. DJI need to fix a lot of things with this. The new DJI Mic also has same issues when used with Pocket 2. Sound eventually drifts which is worst issue as its tricky and frustrating to sync.
2022-7-27
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

JYL823 Posted at 7-27 04:21
Unfortunately I tried at every resolution and frame rate. I also experienced the same issue you had. With the wireless mic for Pocket 2, sometimes sound is out of sync from the start. I found only sure fire way of fixing it is to re-sync the wireless mic. DJI need to fix a lot of things with this. The new DJI Mic also has same issues when used with Pocket 2. Sound eventually drifts which is worst issue as its tricky and frustrating to sync.

That's a pain always have to sync the wireless microphone...

I thought tje sound was only out of sync... that's a relatively easy thing to correct... bit if it drifs,  at least I cannot fix it...

Just another bug to enter the list of the pocket 2... they have to fix things via firmware update...
2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JYL823. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and I will forward this matter to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-7-27
Use props
JYL823
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 19:15
Hello there JYL823. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and I will forward this matter to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.
Below is a quick example. Sound was recorded using DJI Mic with receiver plugged into Pocket 2 with audio cable supplied with DJI Mic. This video segment is 5th file generated due to continuous recording.
I do find sound starts to drift only after 20 or so min. Becomes unusable as it drifts far too much after 3-4 files (split due to 4gb file size limit).

Pocket 2 audio drift example
2022-7-27
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Yes... very out of sync... when I'd said mine was out of sync once,  it wasn't as much as yours... that's way to much...
2022-7-28
Use props
JYL823
lvl.1

Australia

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 7-28 05:53
Yes... very out of sync... when I'd said mine was out of sync once,  it wasn't as much as yours... that's way to much...

Yeah... as you said earlier, if its just outright out of sync its easy to fix post. But when it drifts slowly which over time eventually as worse as this, its a pain making it useless. Hope there is a fix.
2022-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JYL823 Posted at 7-27 21:06
Thanks for your reply.
Below is a quick example. Sound was recorded using DJI Mic with receiver plugged into Pocket 2 with audio cable supplied with DJI Mic. This video segment is 5th file generated due to continuous recording.
I do find sound starts to drift only after 20 or so min. Becomes unusable as it drifts far too much after 3-4 files (split due to 4gb file size limit).[view_image]

Hi there JYL823. Thank you for the reply and for these given information and video. Since we are having this issue. I will forward these matter and information to the designated DJI department for attention and evaluation. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-7-28
Use props
Reinhard2-Wien
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47474 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Stephen Gepostet um 7-28 20:15
Hallo JYL823. Vielen Dank für die Antwort und für diese gegebenen Informationen und das Video. Da wir dieses Problem haben. Ich werde diese Angelegenheit und Informationen zur Prüfung und Bewertung an die zuständige DJI-Abteilung weiterleiten. Nochmals, ich entschuldige mich für die Mühe und danke Ihnen.

Hallo,
leider ist dieses Problem auch schon bei der Pocket 1 gewesen, habe sehr viel mit DJI Support geschrieben. Das Problem wurde bis heute nicht behoben!!!! Bei der Pocket 1 Werden zwischen den Einzelclips noch Bilder ausgelassen. Ich verwende die Pocket1 bei der Wiral Cable Cam für Konzertaufnahmen. Da ist es sehr sehr mühsam, die Pocket 1 mit den anderen Kameras zu synchronisieren. Ich muss das mit dem Bild machen (der Ton ist ja nicht synchron mit dem Bild). Ich verwende die schnellsten SD-Karten. Ich nehme immer in 1080 50p auf.
2022-8-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have one thought on this - if making long videos with an external battery attached, this can cause higher internal temperatures and this could affect clock stability.
2022-8-5
Use props
mikedamus
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem, internal recordings slip and lose up to half a second at regular intervals (about once per minute). This does not affect the signal sent to the receiver but the internally recorded files on the transmitters have this problem. Is there a way to roll back the firmware to test if this problem exists on firmware before the May 2022 update?

2022-11-4
Use props
dgtv808
lvl.1
United States

Hi, just curious if DJI had any fix for this or any more info on a solution. I have the DJI Mic and have been experiencing audio drift as well. Using the internal recorder for both the transmitters and syncing it with the receiver, which is plugged directly into my Sony A7siii and/or Sony A7iv, an audio drift occurs.
2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_yAbDzNwxYIPA
New

Czechia

dgtv808 Posted at 1-14 18:08
Hi, just curious if DJI had any fix for this or any more info on a solution. I have the DJI Mic and have been experiencing audio drift as well. Using the internal recorder for both the transmitters and syncing it with the receiver, which is plugged directly into my Sony A7siii and/or Sony A7iv, an audio drift occurs.

I have the same problem With Dji mix (CE) i purchased two of them and i found this problem with recording 1,5 hour straight. The delay becomes longer and longer so now is just useless peace of cr..
I hope they will give me new one or money return
2023-1-20
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

This sounds to me like the problem I had with my Osmo Action 3... Here's what I found out.

https://youtu.be/_JR8P_ZfR8k
2023-1-21
Use props
JSQUAD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228117 ft
United States

I have the dji mic connected to my dslr and found when i sync it to a external recording the audio from the camera + dji mic is out of sync by about a 1-1.5 seconds for a 15 minute recording!

But When i recorded the tv for 1.5 hours there was no sync issue; very strange

As of 2/2023 if you need to sync audio with a audio source don't buy this product!
2023-2-12
Use props
fansb1f2b0ec
lvl.1
United States

So any updates on the audio drift issue? I think they came out with a firmware that was supposed to fix this issue but it still persists.
2023-7-11
Use props
fansb1f2b0ec
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_yAbDzNwxYIPA Posted at 1-20 15:24
I have the same problem With Dji mix (CE) i purchased two of them and i found this problem with recording 1,5 hour straight. The delay becomes longer and longer so now is just useless peace of cr..
I hope they will give me new one or money return

And DJI support still has no reply... unreal.
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, everyone. If you are having a problem with the audio of Pocket 2, please try the following steps below:
1. Please play the footage on another video player or another computer. Check whether the audio and video are unsynchronized.
2. If the audio and video are synchronized when played on another video player or computer, it can be determined that the player or the computer that displayed the unsynchronized audio and video is malfunctioning. Please use another player or computer.
3. Check whether the Pocket 2 has the latest firmware version as well as whether the accessory firmware version is up-to-date. If not, please update their firmware to the latest versions.
4. Please reset the camera. Back up all the needed files.
5. Please try to use another microSD card. B
6. Check whether the issue appears. If so, record the shooting time when the issue appears.
2023-7-12
Use props
fans2fd94c46
lvl.1
United States

None of the above is fixing this issue. The audio drifts so bad the units are unusable.
2023-8-23
Use props
fans2fd94c46
lvl.1
United States

fansb1f2b0ec Posted at 7-11 19:02
So any updates on the audio drift issue? I think they came out with a firmware that was supposed to fix this issue but it still persists.

Still happening. We moved to rodes
2023-8-23
Use props
djiuser_ZrxeHr8rFZxo
New
United States

Apparently, this is still an issue.  Just purchased the DJI MIC2's with the kit and also the white one.  Updated firmware released on 1.31.24, (04.03.08.31).   Would've really appreciated knowing this up front before purchasing and spending the last 11 days trying to resolve this issue prior to wedding season.   
2-3 10:45
Use props
PMO UK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271831 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue of audio DRIFT on long recordings using the Mic 2 and Osmo Pocket 3. This is not a question of unsynched audio, it is drift of the synch of audio over time. Long clips will start in sync and after 20 minutes they will be out of sync.  It makes the Osmo Pocket 3 unusable for long form recording.
It is nothing to do with the playback device - the drift is evident playing back in the Osmo Pocket 3 and any mac video player. It is nothing to do with firmware updates. It occurs with all long recordings, on newest firmware, in factory set state.
3-15 09:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

PMO UK Posted at 3-15 09:16
I have the same issue of audio DRIFT on long recordings using the Mic 2 and Osmo Pocket 3. This is not a question of unsynched audio, it is drift of the synch of audio over time. Long clips will start in sync and after 20 minutes they will be out of sync.  It makes the Osmo Pocket 3 unusable for long form recording.
It is nothing to do with the playback device - the drift is evident playing back in the Osmo Pocket 3 and any mac video player. It is nothing to do with firmware updates. It occurs with all long recordings, on newest firmware, in factory set state.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Please upload a short video or a file showing the issue via Google Drive then send the link here so we can check the issue further. Please keep us posted.
3-16 02:51
Use props
Hugo_guitare
New
France

PMO UK Posted at 3-15 09:16
I have the same issue of audio DRIFT on long recordings using the Mic 2 and Osmo Pocket 3. This is not a question of unsynched audio, it is drift of the synch of audio over time. Long clips will start in sync and after 20 minutes they will be out of sync.  It makes the Osmo Pocket 3 unusable for long form recording.
It is nothing to do with the playback device - the drift is evident playing back in the Osmo Pocket 3 and any mac video player. It is nothing to do with firmware updates. It occurs with all long recordings, on newest firmware, in factory set state.

Hello,
I have the same issue with the DJI mic 2 and the OSMO POCKET 3.
I can't record long videos.
yesterday 07:31
Use props
PMO UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This issue persists with Pocket 2 and Pocket 3. DJI technical team state: "There are differences in the electronic clocks of different devices. When writing new files, there will be a slow accumulation of errors."       They call it normal but I call it a flaw,  as 600ms loss of sync after 60 minutes of recording is certainly not normal.
44 mins ago
Use props
PMO UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hugo_guitare Posted at 4-22 07:31
Hello,
I have the same issue with the DJI mic 2 and the OSMO POCKET 3.
I can't record long videos.

I agree - it makes the unique feature of the Pocket 3 useless. DJI say just time stretch the audio, but when you are taking interview clips out of the original it is a real pain to stretch and re-sync every clip you use.
23 mins ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules