Android app release date
1629 16 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christian
lvl.2

Germany

Hi DJI, hi beta-tester,
are there any news regarding the relase date fo the android app? This would be very helpful to all the android users out there!
Additionally it would be cool, if DJI could clarify, if it is safe to update the copter but fly with the current 1.2.0 app! There is
no additional information on this issue.

Apart form this, i think it´s not good for the community and users of this product to launch a new firmware but only one new App.
There are a lot of users who switched from IOS to Android in the beginning and now it´s a little bit vice versa. I hope DJI
will release the Android App soon (with the same features like the IOS App).

Cheers, Christian
2015-8-5
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

Hey DJI - do you have a deal with Apple?!  You should release apps for both systems at the same time. Your support to Android users is not fair!
2015-8-10
Use props
stan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ugranzow@web.de Posted at 2015-8-10 20:37
Hey DJI - do you have a deal with Apple?!  You should release apps for both systems at the same time ...

Not even a single word for the estimated realse date, indeed very disappointed!
2015-8-10
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

It was the same for us iOS users back a few months. Apple/DJI  pulled the app and the only way forward was android then!
There's no conspiracy, just plain incompetence.
2015-8-10
Use props
Christian
lvl.2

Germany

Totally agree. It´s been a week now and there is still no statement from DJI.
Very disappointing!

I am thinking of buying a ipad mini now, cause i´m thinking, that android devices would be not good supported in the future.
There is also a critical delay in the transmission yet, which makes it impossible to fly.

Not good!
2015-8-10
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

Iam in Love with Android! There is a workaround, Christian! Remove all updates from the Goggle Play-Services and the App runs smooth with no crashes. Blut Dji should fix this issue in next Upgrade!
2015-8-10
Use props
Christian
lvl.2

Germany

Thanks, i´ll give it a try

Nevertheless, some features are still missing, like fullscreen video when you stripe up/down with your finger at the device.
It´s working on IOS, but it didn´t on Android. Would love if both apps have the same functionalities.
2015-8-10
Use props
anekdoto.band
lvl.1
Flight distance : 752598 ft
Greece

ugranzow@web.de Posted at 2015-8-11 00:39
Iam in Love with Android! There is a workaround, Christian! Remove all updates from the Goggle Play- ...

I bought a Galaxy Tab S for I1, but I have video transmission issues during recording that makes video shooting impossible, especially in long distances or under strong light where you can't rely on eye contact to the bird.
Actually, I don't think the transmission is the issue here as, after a 10 minute shooting the whole app responds dead slow, even after landing or restarting the app. I think there must be a memory leak issue in the app.
Is this what you experienced and fortunately solved after the google play crap downgrade? I'd be very pleased if I could stick to android for many "many" reasons!
2015-8-10
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

@anekdoto.band: yes, after removing the "Goggle Play-Services" updates on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 the Pilot App V1.2.0 works great. No crashes and fluid videostreaming is possible. but this is just a workaround. dji should fix the problem with the new upgrade.

greetings,
Uwe
2015-8-10
Use props
anekdoto.band
lvl.1
Greece

ugranzow@web.de Posted at 2015-8-11 14:07
@anekdoto.band: yes, after removing the "Goggle Play-Services" updates on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8. ...

Awesome, can't wait to test this, I hope the "expected' android version of GJI GO will do better.

Thanks,
Andreas
2015-8-11
Use props
anekdoto.band
lvl.1
Greece

ugranzow@web.de Posted at 2015-8-11 14:07
@anekdoto.band: yes, after removing the "Goggle Play-Services" updates on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8. ...

@Uwe, can you elaborate on removing the updates? I have Lolipop installed, google play-services has "Uninstall Updates" button greyed out, current version is 7.8.99 (2134222-436) probably the build number  in parenthesis.

Do you thing I can disable the whole app?

Thanks again
Andreas
2015-8-11
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

anekdoto.band@g Posted at 2015-8-11 19:02
@Uwe, can you elaborate on removing the updates? I have Lolipop installed, google play-services ha ...

@Andreas: Just press "Remove Upgrade" in the App Manager and you are on the original Software Version coming with Android 5.02. Greyed out? Hmm, make a reboot before.

So, i'm on Lollipop 5.02 on Tab S 8.4

Google Play-Servie App V6.7.77 (1747363-436)

All App stuff is working fine for me with this Workaround.
2015-8-11
Use props
anekdoto.band
lvl.1
Greece

ugranzow@web.de Posted at 2015-8-11 22:54
@Andreas: Just press "Remove Upgrade" in the App Manager and you are on the original Software Versi ...

@Uwe, it seems we have the exact model: SM-T700  with android 5.0.2 and 8.4 screen.

Still, the option is greyed out, reboot didn't make any difference, I'll try to turn off auto updates in all Google apps (google app, play books, play games, etc) through the app store and do a search on the internet if I can find anything related to this.

Thanks man, your help much appreciated, I'll get back with my findings
Andreas
2015-8-11
Use props
anekdoto.band
lvl.1
Greece

ugranzow@web.de Posted at 2015-8-11 22:54
@Andreas: Just press "Remove Upgrade" in the App Manager and you are on the original Software Versi ...

@Uwe, I found the bugger, someone has to deactivate Android Device Manager (settings > general > security) and the button is not greyed out yet.

Revert to the factory version, same as yours: 6.7.77

Can't wait to test tomorrow, I'm in Naxos island, the weather is good although I'd fancy some winds to shoot Kite and wind surfers from above! This bird handles Aegean winds with decent excellency, if I could watch and fly through the monitor, will be so grateful 2U.

greetings,
Andreas
2015-8-11
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

anekdoto.band@g Posted at 2015-8-12 02:52
@Uwe, I found the bugger, someone has to deactivate Android Device Manager (settings > general > s ...

Thats cool Andreas! You will love your Inspire 1 on Android now! ;-) Have a good flight - great location! If you want to use the "normal" apps on your tablet e.g. Youtube, PlayStore etc.  you must update the Google play-service again. thats a bit cheesy but for now i can deal with it.
2015-8-11
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

New Android Pilot App is out now!!

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

Or for more Download Speed -> Google Play Store...
2015-8-11
Use props
anekdoto.band
lvl.1
Greece

ugranzow@web.de Posted at 2015-8-12 14:49
Thats cool Andreas! You will love your Inspire 1 on Android now! ;-) Have a good flight - great loc ...

Well, you have to uninstall updates for those apps too, makes sense, when you do that you no longer have this restriction, as long as you don't update. I tried and it works.

As for the new pilot app, indeed it appeared in google play-store, I'll skip it for now, don't want to loose another day upgrading and with no guarantee of the final outcome. If you do proceed with 1.3 FW, please let us know what happened.

Cheers,
Andreas

PS: how can I add you as a friend in this forum? Haven't found any link yet.
2015-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules