DJI Fly Falters Repeatedly on my ZTE Smartphone
971 2 2022-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Folks,

I've just started using my DJI Mini SE and it works a treat. But I now have a problem.

I commissioned the drone initially using a borrowed Huawei phone and all was fine.
But but now I have to use a different smartphone and that one doesn't work properly.
The phone I wiant to use is a ZTE Blade A512 using Android v 6.0.1. I downloaded DJI Fly and installed it successfully.
When I run the app it starts properly and at first sees that the remote controller (RC) isn't yet in contact with the aircraft.
When I start the aircraft DJI Fly acknowledges this, but then enters a repeateating sequence of showing the home screen
for a few seconds but then changing to a blank screen for  ~ 20 seconds; during the home screen phase
I don't have time to see if any of the icons work, the screen goes blank too quickly.

Can anyone explain the reason for this and how I can sort things out?

Also, why should everything work correctly using one type of smartphone but fail to work on another?
The reason for this second wustion is that if I must get a new smartphone,
how do I know it will work?

Fingers crossed,

Brian

2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not listed on our recommended mobile device and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device to avoid connectivity issues. Please refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-7-27
Use props
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

How can I thank you for nothing? You haven't answered either of my questions!

I know my smartphone is not on your list, I can read. As I explained, I want to avoid getting one that can't do the job.
The ones on your list are top end models many of which cost more than the DJI Mini SE.
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules