1457 14 2022-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, it finnaly happend after reading numeras accounts of flyers lossing connection with the RC and R1N controller, it happened to me yesterday!
Lost confidence in flying the product..  I was in the middle of a field with nothing to interfier with the signal and lost image and then contol at 500 yrds.  Lost complete confidence in what could be a wicked bit of kit for me.  Will be using the Air 2S and Mini 2 again until this is finaly resolved once and for all.  

Wondering if this is a controller issue or the Mini 3?  I do have a spare RC1 Controller as I have the RC Pro so wondering it that would fix it..  Better still update they firmware on the RC Pro to handle the Mini 3.  Mini 3 Pro is too light to be used as a door-stop..
2022-7-27
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

Could you try again in the same place and run a screen recording, also have the radar showing in the bottom left, please? How you hold the controller does make a difference too, the antennas are in the top of the controller, so they need to be pointing at the drone.
2022-7-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear about your loss of signal.  

I too wish that DJI would make the RC Pro controller compatible with the Mini 3.  Just a more solid controller all around.
2022-7-27
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Going to fly the Air 2s this evening as not risking loosing the Mini 3 pro.. I'll take it with me just in case I get the nerves to fly it again.  I would prefer not too until at least another firmware release. Can't afford to loose it and then go through all the crap reporting to police and hoping it didn't hit anything.. was taking it away this weekend but will take mine 2 instead for now.  
2022-7-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

FPVin Posted at 7-27 09:13
Going to fly the Air 2s this evening as not risking loosing the Mini 3 pro.. I'll take it with me just in case I get the nerves to fly it again.  I would prefer not too until at least another firmware release. Can't afford to loose it and then go through all the crap reporting to police and hoping it didn't hit anything.. was taking it away this weekend but will take mine 2 instead for now.

you lose your drone and you report it to the police?  

if you crash your drone, do you fill out one of those civil aviation aircraft crash reports with the government so they can do a safety crash assessment?  
2022-7-27
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you have a fly away and it travels towards and airport or motorway and hold a cert then you would..
2022-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You’re not going to lose the drone. Just try turning off the RC while flying and you’ll see what happens. From my testing it’s certainly “not” the RC either RCN1 or Dji Rc as both are working fine for me also the dji RC works perfectly with my Mavic3 and RCN1 works great with Air2s.

From a lot of videos and many around here the problem has been fixed improved etc, so is it possible you just have a dud craft or RC.
2022-7-27
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flown a number of drones starting back in the Wookong M days, flying 800cm 3kg hexacrafts. RTH didn't work even though I had home-point showing last night and lucky had the drone low enough In the end to walk to it take it by hand and flip it over to stop it.  Just would not get signal again for love not money..  
2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FPVin. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you have received any error message or error code when this issue happened and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.  
2022-7-27
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 19:04
Hello there FPVin. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you have received any error message or error code when this issue happened and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

Hi Stephen,
No error messages come up on the screen other then a quick yellow signal low warning.

Drone was H46m D50m max all OK
Dropped drone to H .5m  D1.7m
Screen went grey with fixed image.
Yellow warning - "Weak Signal, Adjust antenna"
No toggle response.
As unit close to HP, turned off controller and back on again.
No connection.
Hand grabbed unit and flip to kill props

Mini 3 Pro
Battery 75%
28 Sats

Mobile Device
Battery 60%
Oppo P30 Pro with Android 12 fully updated.

So unit was actually near me when dropped connection.

Best

FPVin

2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

FPVin Posted at 7-27 23:07
Hi Stephen,
No error messages come up on the screen other then a quick yellow signal low warning.

Hi there FPVin. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device and download the DJI Fly application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2022-7-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPVin Posted at 7-27 09:13

If you set the RTH at the correct height you need not worry. It will just do its thing and come back to you

2022-7-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPVin Posted at 7-27 09:30
If you have a fly away and it travels towards and airport or motorway and hold a cert then you would..

Drones don’t fly away
2022-7-29
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-29 21:13
Hi there FPVin. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these information. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device and download the DJI Fly application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

DJI recommend the Oppo Find which is what I have just P30 pro ..

Also
Required Operating System
Android v6.0 or later which I have..

I've now ordered RC so have RC Pro and RC now.. if it fails I'll back the RC controller..
2022-7-30
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still waiting for the DJI RC to be delivered so used the Mini 2 and the Air 2S with same phone and location..  No issues what so ever..  I'm hoping the RC controller will resolve the issue as flying the mini 2 was a such an ease to carry and fly..  Time will tell..
2022-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules