Radar Compass on the M3P RC
1038 11 2022-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

Just wondering if anyone randomly loses the green compass arrow on the radar map at all, out of 4 flights in different locations the green arrow was there for two flights and missing on the other two flights, I have the latest FW but this seems random, am I doing anything wrong?

Radar Compass

Radar Compass
2022-7-27
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

It shouldnt disappear as far as i remember, turn blue yes but not vanish, perhaps if you can, grab a screen shot or recording the next time it does that?
2022-7-27
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Isle of Man

DreamWorks Posted at 7-27 07:18
It shouldnt disappear as far as i remember, turn blue yes but not vanish, perhaps if you can, grab a screen shot or recording the next time it does that?

Thanks Dreamworks
Here is 2 screenshots from today with two different flights.
2022-7-27
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

I rarely get the green or blue dot at all (I think I've seen it once). The GPS in the controller needs a good lock before it'll appear.
2022-7-27
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Isle of Man

jefish Posted at 7-27 08:31
I rarely get the green or blue dot at all (I think I've seen it once). The GPS in the controller needs a good lock before it'll appear.

Thanks jefish
So it's just not me then, maybe as you say it needs a good GPS lock, its sort of random for me.
2022-7-27
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

abnormal, hope they gonna fix this, do you have "improve dji products send data" option ticked?
2022-7-27
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

fateofangel Posted at 7-27 11:08
abnormal, hope they gonna fix this, do you have "improve dji products send data" option ticked?

This happens to me sometimes too. Restart of controller usually works. ( make sure your outside with good signal ) Hopefully they fix soon. You need your dot to change the home point to controller so keep this in mind...
2022-7-27
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Isle of Man

Goggles Pisano Posted at 7-27 11:22
This happens to me sometimes too. Restart of controller usually works. ( make sure your outside with good signal ) Hopefully they fix soon. You need your dot to change the home point to controller so keep this in mind...

Thanks mate

A couple of good suggestions on another group;

Calibrating the controller compass often brings it back.
Restarting the App does bring it back too.

I wonder if this is another issue with regards the flippin last FW update?! One problem after another after each FW update.
2022-7-27
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

We're not alone
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=265253
2022-7-27
Use props
DreamWorks
lvl.2

Germany

PeterIOM Posted at 7-27 07:51
Thanks Dreamworks
Here is 2 screenshots from today with two different flights.
[view_image]

Thank you, so yes, definitely not right, as suggested already, make sure it has a good view of the sky, i.e. in a car or building could cause this.

There's a method to force calibration of the RC too, someone put up a post about it.
2022-7-27
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes most of the time I don't have the arrow.
2022-7-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It can take some minutes for the controller to get a GPS lock,  without the GPS lock you dont get the dot with the arrow,   If you take off without the lock it won't display until unless you land and take off again.
2022-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules