Shaking / wobbling footage
2968 10 2022-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NYCreate
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can anyone help or suggest what the issue is? My M3P has recently started doing this at random.. I figured out its worse with a headwind.
I have had 0 issues so far with it. It's running latest firmware. Tried recalibrating imu, compass etc but no effect. I've wobbled the gimbal about a bit, but all seems OK.

Thanks for looking!
2022-7-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Is there something blocking the free movement of the Gimbal? looks like jello that we used to get in the 1st Mavic Pro drones. Try a Gimbal calibration as well and if that does not fix it then send it back
2022-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

it looks like extreme jello effect, jello can be caused by using wrong shutter speed IE you should always use minimum twice the frame rate shutter speed. But this looks worse.
Has you gimbal come loose I dont have my mini 3 to hand but I would check out the dampeners if there any  on it. Its not normal, did you by any chance have sponge behind the gimbal, probably not just a thought.
2022-7-27
Use props
NYCreate
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Gimbal is free to move on the dampeners and nothing restricting it. Have also recalibrated it successfully but 'jello' still happens
2022-7-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

NYCreate Posted at 7-27 11:38
Gimbal is free to move on the dampeners and nothing restricting it. Have also recalibrated it successfully but 'jello' still happens

Send it back. You have done your steps to trouble shoot it. Must be either a faulty cable or Gimbal.
2022-7-27
Use props
fatsharkaunz
lvl.4
Australia

Check your props carefully , if ones damaged , even a little bit, it will cause the imballance and jello like this.
2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-7-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shouldn't be doing that
2022-7-27
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

If you have another camera, try to put your Mini3 in hoover in front of you and record it at 60 fps, preferably 120 fps...If you see the body shaking, you have a set of propellers that is off balance (maybe you hit something very soft, but is pretty sensitive). In this case, you need to change props.
If is not this, send it back to DJI, as the problem can be bigger.
2022-7-28
Use props
NYCreate
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Spoke to DJI Support.. Sending it back in. Thanks Guys.
2022-7-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

NYCreate Posted at 7-28 07:31
Spoke to DJI Support.. Sending it back in. Thanks Guys.

That is probably the best thing.
This is def. not supposed to happen and probably nothing you can fix yourself.
2022-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules