DJI FLYAWAY IS A SCAM?
2226 6 2022-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thomaslisterphotography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 794652 ft
Dominican Republic

So why pay DJI CARE if Flyaway program will not cover if you drone literally flyaway.
This is my story.
While filming a kitesurfing event this past weekend with strong winds my battery run up really quick, I was around 1km off shore and headed back right away. When I was almost at landing place the battery enters critical mode and the drone literally stopped working and it got carried away and landed in the ocean. Could not save it.
For a moment I was stressed since I got half the job done but at least I was less worried because I bought two years of extended DJI CARE warranty that covered up to 2 flyways or so I thought.
I send report to DJI with flying record and they reach out to me saying this was a pilot’s mis operation and I do not agree. This was a flight incident and if you are paying for insurance then this should be covered no question asked.
DJI, I hope you have a misunderstanding with your first answer and I only hope you make a right call and send me a new drone. If not, then why are you charging people for an insurance, I want my money back.
MAVIC AIR 2S

CAS-9906573-V5C1K5

2022-7-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly man, keyboards are not new and nothing here is critical information for a forum of fellow drone pilots to respond to.  The all caps looks like some kind of psychotic tele-type adventure into instability.  
2022-7-27
Use props
thomaslisterphotography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 794652 ft
Dominican Republic

TonyPHX Posted at 7-27 17:10
Honestly man, keyboards are not new and nothing here is critical information for a forum of fellow drone pilots to respond to.  The all caps looks like some kind of psychotic tele-type adventure into instability.

check it out now and thanks
2022-7-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Post the flight data. Someone here will sort it. But from your description, I don't think it is a flyaway.
2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi thomaslisterphotography, I am sorry for the loss of your drone, I understand that must be frustrated for you when the issue happened.

To clarify your questions about the DJI Care Refresh flyaway coverage, it covers accidents caused by the pilot, however, it is under the criterion that the drone has bound to the flyaway coverage in the DJI Fly app, and there is a replacement fee to use the flyaway coverage (you can refer to the replacement fee below), which will be less than the 15% discount for the aircraft.

I had checked your case, the drone has not bound to the flyaway coverage, therefore, the team did not mention the flyaway coverage of DJI Care Refresh for you. I understand your situation and I will talk to the corresponding team and try to help further in your case. We will keep you updated.

If you have any questions about the analysis result or manufacturer warranty service, please let me know, I am glad to help.
2022-7-27
Use props
djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2267103 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 7-27 17:10

He got phucked!  Phucked out of a ton of money. This is an all caps situation and people need to see DJI's absolute trash for service and customer care!
2022-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f Posted at 8-6 08:50
He got phucked!  Phucked out of a ton of money. This is an all caps situation and people need to see DJI's absolute trash for service and customer care!

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please tell us the details about the service issue you encountered? We will do our best to help.
2022-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules