2407 24 2022-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello,

The Ronin R SDK does not support the DJI R Focus Motor (latest 2022 version) .

Tried to send an email to Ronin.SDK@dji.com but they don't respond anymore, the email seems abandoned.

With the latest DJI Focus Motor 2022, the DJI R SDK cannot control it . The SDK can only control a secondary motor that is connected to the second USB-C port of that 2022 motor.

Which means the SDK only support the previous DJI R Focus Motor  and not the 2022 version.

That's quite a big issue. Do you know when that could be fixed ?
2022-7-28
Use props
fanse37227fa
lvl.2
Canada

+1 Hope it will come in the next release. Last reply I've received from them was November 2021
2022-8-4
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Still does not work after the last firmware update (2022.09.20)
2022-9-24
Use props
Sangwha
lvl.1

South Korea

It works if you send command frequently. (2022.11.25)
2022-11-24
Use props
rileycoyote
lvl.2
Netherlands

the sdk can control and report focus position. i have working code
2022-11-26
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Do you have the exact same behaviour with the 2022 focus motor and the previous DJI RS focus motor ?
I have latest DJI RS3 Pro firmware and the 2022 does not work , while the previous DJI RS focus motor works perfectly.
2022-11-26
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

rileycoyote Posted at 11-26 03:23
the sdk can control and report focus position. i have working code

You are probably using the previous gen focus motor with only one USB-C port. We have it working too. I am a talking about the latest 2022 version with 2 USB-C ports.
2022-11-26
Use props
Sangwha
lvl.1

South Korea

Have you ever sent Command frequently?
The frequency is 100commands per 1s in document:
2022-11-28
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

We tried 100Hz, 150Hz... doesn't work. All the rest works. Previous focus motor works perfectly. Has anyone got the 2022 Focus motor working with SDK ?
2023-1-16
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Any update on that from DJI ?
2023-1-30
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Still does not work with 2022 Focus Motor on latest RS3 Pro update. Seems like DJI really doesn't care at all
2023-2-9
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Finally fixed with February RS3 Pro update ! Thanks DJI
2023-2-20
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Spoke a bit fast, the update is unstable, the focus motor disconnects from time to time and we need to make a new autocalibration after a while. Any idea what is going on ?
2023-3-3
Use props
signalaudio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same trouble. Focus motor on the RS2 was very stable, but on RS3 it disconnects occasionally.
2023-3-3
Use props
signalaudio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi there, is there any update on this? RS3 focus motor periodically stops responding altogether when controlled via the external CAN bus using the SDK commands. On the RS2 it was bulletproof.
2023-3-15
Use props
AmuTV
New

United States

Hi,
I'm in the same situation too, and is really in a real bad one! We brought 4x Ronin RS3 Pro to be used for PTZ application with MiddleThings' Remote only to find that the RS3 focus motor (used for Zooming operations) is a hit and miss thing. Our setup are ... Ronin RS3 Pro with MiddleThings' APC-R and Remote using CAN Bus and the entire setup fail to work because of the RS3 focus motor issue! I sincerely hope someone from DJI is able to look into this asap .. as .. if the RS3 focus motor works, the Ronin RS3 can be deployed into Broadcast specific applications which can help to sell a lot more units!!!!
2023-3-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced. May I know what is the SDK command sending frequency you are currently using? If you use a lower command sending frequency, with the current motor firmware, the motor will not respond, considering that the motor may be stuck and not smooth. Our future firmware will continue to optimize it.
At present, it is recommended that you refer to the SDK documentation on the official website, and keep the command sending frequency at 100Hz. Thank you.
2023-3-27
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello,

On our side we are at 100Hz, as specified in the SDK.

The fact that the motor randomly disconnects and we need to run an autocalibration frequently to engage it again is a new issue that was brought in by your very last firmware update. We never had that kind of issue with the DJI R Focus Motor (not the 2022 version) .

2023-3-27
Use props
makotokaga
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Susan Posted at 3-27 03:50
Hello, we are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced. May I know what is the SDK command sending frequency you are currently using? If you use a lower command sending frequency, with the current motor firmware, the motor will not respond, considering that the motor may be stuck and not smooth. Our future firmware will continue to optimize it.
At present, it is recommended that you refer to the SDK documentation on the official website, and keep the command sending frequency at 100Hz. Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for the information. The movement and the reply frame for focus motor position control command (CmdSet 0x0E, CmdID 0x12, sub ID 0x01) of each focus motor model looks like the following.

- DJI RS Focus Motor (older version) : motor will be respond, even if it is a lower command sending frequency. no reply frame (as described in the SDK document)
- DJI RS Focus Motor (2022, firmware version 00.03) : motor will be respond, even if it is a lower command sending frequency. it has a reply frame (why?)
- DJI RS Focus Motor (2022, firmware version 01.00) : command must be sent at 100Hz. it has a reply frame, too

My guess is that some problems are due to reply frames being sent that shouldn't be sent?

Thank you.
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

steady_skies Posted at 3-27 04:24
Hello,

On our side we are at 100Hz, as specified in the SDK.

Hi, thank you for your feedback on this and I am sorry for the issue. I had reported it to the engineers for their further investigation.
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

makotokaga Posted at 4-1 07:31
Hi,

Thank you for the information. The movement and the reply frame for focus motor position control command (CmdSet 0x0E, CmdID 0x12, sub ID 0x01) of each focus motor model looks like the following.

Hi, thank you for your feedback on this and I am sorry for the issue. I just reported it to the engineers for their further checking.
2023-4-4
Use props
makotokaga
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Susan Posted at 4-4 00:15
Hi, thank you for your feedback on this and I am sorry for the issue. I just reported it to the engineers for their further checking.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

In my project, RS Focus Motor (2022) with latest firmware works fine without any trouble. Thanks for your advice.

It seems RS Focus Motor (2022, version 01.00) needs about 70Hz or higher late. If I send the command at 100Hz, the motor works fine but LED lights red, with older motor LED lights green. Is this expected behavior?
2023-4-5
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

It will work fine but after a while it will just randomly decalibrate and we need to restart calibration each time. It's not very reliable, compared to the previous RS Focus Motor.

Any update on those stability issues ?
2023-5-4
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Looks like the issue also happens with the previous gen Focus Motor for RS2. Happens on RS2 and RS3 Pro. The focus motor will work well for some time and then blink red and we have to recalibrate it.

When operating normally :

- DJI Focus Motor 2022  : solid red
- DJI RS Focus Motor : solid green

We really need a fix for that DJI, could we have an update ?
2023-5-25
Use props
ZAPTEAM
lvl.2
Canada

steady_skies Posted at 5-25 11:35
Looks like the issue also happens with the previous gen Focus Motor for RS2. Happens on RS2 and RS3 Pro. The focus motor will work well for some time and then blink red and we have to recalibrate it.

When operating normally :

Any updates on this?

Also, can anyone tell me if it's possible to control two motors separately with the DJI R SDK

Thnaks!
2023-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules