RC-N1 Remote Controller won't charge or turn on (Air 2s)
6427 14 2022-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
randall.artavia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 765636 ft
Costa Rica

Yesterday my remote controller won't charge and won't turn on, I have the DJI Air 2s.  
  • I've tried with the originar charger.
  • The charger works ok with the drone batteries.
  • The remote control is completely off, no LED light is on.
  • Nothing works to get it to charge or to turn on.

Thank for your help.

2022-7-28
Use props
randall.artavia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 765636 ft
Costa Rica

The RC-N1 does not charge and does not turn on (Air 2s)

The RC-N1 remote control does not charge and does not turn on (Air 2s).

I have tried with the original charger.
The charger works fine with the drone batteries.
The remote control is completely off, no LED light comes on.
Nothing works to get it to charge or turn on.

Thanks for your help.
2022-7-28
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello Randal.artavia !! use your warranty, it is not a normal behavior of a new product
2022-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there randall.artavia. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue and you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-7-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. You may leave the remote controller charged overnight. If the issue persists, we would recommend you submit a repair case and then send the remote controller back for further diagnosis. Here is the link; https://repair.dji.com/repair/index  We will help this out. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2022-7-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_c2dLEZDZUsHw Posted at 7-29 20:53
So u mean to tell they have a special type c cable. I have a bunch of fast charging type c. My RM 500 controller won't charge fast unless it the original cord it says. I upset

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we confirm what DJI Product you use with RM 500? And may we confirm if you want to charge your controller faster?  We would like to confirm first and to see how we can better help you with.
2022-7-30
Use props
Bosco1234
lvl.1

Singapore

Same thing happened. Mine register 1.5 bar while charging (flashing 2nd bar), and then it suddenly stop charging. Then it doesn't power on as well, and it was slightly warm to the touch for the next 12 hours. Am thinking it's the chip that hang while charging, so was hoping that the 18650 lithium batteries within finish draining (it's not good for battery health but I got no choice anyway), then try charging again when it completely dies off. Now it's 18 hours, no longer warm, but it still doesn't show charging while into plug into all the standard USB c chargers I have charged with. Definitely some issues with the remote from normal usage, now it's a headache for me as I need to leave for Japan trip in 8 days, and DJI Singapore says they can only send to China for repairs, and will take 3-6 weeks

It's nacceptable..... they don't sell it standalone, and this drives up 2nd hand market prices. They should have at least a loan set ready or something too.
2023-4-9
Use props
Bosco1234
lvl.1

Singapore

Same thing happened. Mine register 1.5 bar while charging (flashing 2nd bar), and then it suddenly stop charging. Then it doesn't power on as well, and it was slightly warm to the touch for the next 12 hours. Am thinking it's the chip that hang while charging, so was hoping that the 18650 lithium batteries within finish draining (it's not good for battery health but I got no choice anyway), then try charging again when it completely dies off. Now it's 18 hours, no longer warm, but it still doesn't show charging while into plug into all the standard USB c chargers I have charged with. Definitely some issues with the remote from normal usage, now it's a headache for me as I need to leave for Japan trip in 8 days, and DJI Singapore says they can only send to China for repairs, and will take 3-6 weeks

It's nacceptable..... they don't sell it standalone, and this drives up 2nd hand market prices. They should have at least a loan set ready or something too.
16810518246888833417183919277142.jpg
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bosco1234 Posted at 4-9 06:50

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Could you please tell us the serial number of your drone or remote controller? Please also tell us the information about the store you contacted, such as the name, address, or contact method. Do you want to purchase a new remote controller? You can visit the link below to contact the local dealers to see if there is one available. https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... andsite&from=footer
2023-4-9
Use props
djiuser_dzLm449NTN0z
New
Flight distance : 11522 ft

India

Today after I flew my drone and recorded some shots while I was downloading the shots to my phone the tv gets shutdown while it was charged almost 60-70 % and then I put it to charge and the green lights doesn’t blink neither it is getting turn on and while searching the solutions i saw many have faced the same issue . How to deal with this or how I should get it repaired and i have bought the drone only 4 months earlier
2023-9-14
Use props
djiuser_dzLm449NTN0z
New

India

randall.artavia Posted at 2022-7-28 07:20
The RC-N1 remote control does not charge and does not turn on (Air 2s).

Same issue I am facing today
2023-9-14
Use props
djiuser_dzLm449NTN0z
New

India

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-9 07:00
Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Could you please tell us the serial number of your drone or remote controller? Please also tell us the information about the store you contacted, such as the name, address, or contact method. Do you want to purchase a new remote controller? You can visit the link below to contact the local dealers to see if there is one available. https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... andsite&from=footer

How to get repaired in India?
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_dzLm449NTN0z Posted at 9-14 04:56

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. According to India Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. Simple consultations is available but aftersales repair service cannot be provided. Hope for your understanding and patience.
2023-9-15
Use props
djiuser_jvW50kxvMvcH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5551 ft
India

djiuser_dzLm449NTN0z Posted at 9-14 04:56

Hi did u find any solution I m also facing same issue the rc n1 is dead no power not even charging.
2023-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules