Mini 3 pro: Upside down drop but props continued to run - damaged
2273 8 2022-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1WE1ygMADN2g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United States

Up until a few days ago I was an excited new user of a Mini 3 pro who believed that this is a flawless astonishing product.
Now that it fell to the ground with strange behavious for the first time I am a bit disappointed:

While flying in the garden - sideways - I oversaw that it touched a branch of a bush and after the drone cut it off it flipped upside down. It then dropped from a very low distance to the ground (grass). I was expecting that it would detect the upside down situation and automatically turn of the propellers (thats what I had seen in some user's Youtube-Video, when he mentioned that you could grab it with your hand while it is flying in the air and while you flip it around it will automatically turn off the propellers). While mine did not turn off, they continued to rotate and basically destroyed themselves completely, rubbing in the grass.

Please help: Is my disappointment justified and should I complain to dji or did I understand something wrong? While I understand that I did a flight error I dont think its neccessary to replace 8 propellers because they continue to shave my lawn.

Thanks for your reflections!
2022-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 3 Pro and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and now you are having this issue with your DJI Mini 3 Pro. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assess the DJI Drone for damages. We will do our best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2022-7-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Does it still fly ?  if so   hover and flip it over again, see if it works now....

if yes, well  replace 8 blades , check flight and with no errors > happy many landings.

If you like  upload your flightlog using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the upload on here

cheers
JJB
2022-7-29
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could have performed a CSC maneuver by pushing both sticks "downward and in" to shut engines immediately after impact with ground. (Page 62 in the  manual) to minimize damage to drone...
2022-7-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Please help: Is my disappointment justified and should I complain to dji or did I understand something wrong? While I understand that I did a flight error I dont think its neccessary to replace 8 propellers because they continue to shave my lawn.
You crashed into a branch and the drone fell to the ground.
That's no cause to complain to DJI.
Try flying in a large, open area and stay away from trees and bushes.
2022-7-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Complaining will be futile, this was your fault and nowhere does it say props will turn off if craft goes upside down.
2022-7-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

...but it's not foolproof, sometimes you see the ytber having to twist it twice to get the blades to stop.  it's not the recommended method.
2022-7-29
Use props
djiuser_1WE1ygMADN2g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United States

Thanks for your feedback all. It still flies perfectly fine, nothing defective besides the propellers. Will practise the recommended CSC maneuver. Thanks for that.
2022-7-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_1WE1ygMADN2g Posted at 7-31 00:31
Thanks for your feedback all. It still flies perfectly fine, nothing defective besides the propellers. Will practise the recommended CSC maneuver. Thanks for that.

Hi,

I dont think you can practise CSC, this will only work if the drone has crashed or is busy into a crash....
During normal flight it will go down in a circle....

cheers
JJB
2022-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules